• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What makes you afraid ?

Sea Monkey

Pickle Juicer!
You mean you will decline the offer which is given to you by someone who doesn't exist ? :D very funny declination.. lol

Similarly.. like the pig which is mentioned in one of my reply above.

I messed up my word's I guess. I still would not go though I have a lot of stuff left in this world I would like to do. Calling me a pig is pretty childish I might add.

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
He used the pig comment initially when talking with me, I felt it a poorly even potentially offensively worded attempt at drawing a parallel - but with no ill intention that I could discern so I let it pass and instead addressed it as I felt it was intended to be conveyed - a being of limited intelligence concerned with it's own life, unable to grasp the splendor of heaven.

Of course were I in the Pig's shoes, I would still wonder if heaven is better than what I have now. This is something that Chinu does not quite seem to grasp, he seems to consider (correct me if I am wrong Chinu) the term heaven to innately require attributes superior in every conceivable way to that of life. I find such an assumption without foundation.

chinu

chinu
I'm more interested in my current life than i am in alarmingly childish proposals of heaven.
Loll.. whatever type of proposal it is, What made you think that its a proposal ? just tell me.
isn't that your childish mind ? :)

chinu

chinu
Of course were I in the Pig's shoes, I would still wonder if heaven is better than what I have now. This is something that Chinu does not quite seem to grasp, he seems to consider (correct me if I am wrong Chinu) the term heaven to innately require attributes superior in every conceivable way to that of life. I find such an assumption without foundation.
Well.. the motive behind creating this thread was not see what makes us afraid of accepting this proposal/offer. The motive behind creating this thread was just to make people think, or ask question to their own mind (Q: What heaven would be like ?) because very we all know that this proposal is something very similar to that would happen when we will reach heaven any day in reality.

So.. the conclusion which comes out is, whatever the heaven is like, we cannot get it/we cannot know it truely until we are prepare for it, or until we are ready for the OP's proposal.

Thus.. i just want to say that if we people want to know what truely heaven is like ? we cannot know it until we break all the connection with our preasent world, and the matter which is making us afraid to leave this preasent world is our weakness which is standing on our way to heaven. :)

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Loll.. whatever type of proposal it is, What made you think that its a proposal ? just tell me.
isn't that your childish mind ? :)

Awww, you didn't get insulted cause i didn't like your special heaven, did you?

I hope not. Your question makes me wonder, since in the post right before mine here, you use the description yourself. Perhaps you're using it and don't like it, or perhaps you're trying to ask me something else than that i understood. But, to answer your question anyway, what makes me think it's a proposal is:

1) Literacy in English.

2) Basic reasoning abilities.

Put differently, and emphasizing point number 2, what made me recognize it as a proposal - which is what it is - is that i'm not a fool. Fools can't help but think that what they wish is true must be true. Delusional and weak-minded individuals are often unable to recognize that their beliefs are just that; beliefs, let alone grapple with the possibility that these beliefs might not reflect reality.

I'm not like that, and i don't even believe in your childish description of heaven, so i was able to see it for what it is, a proposal. I doubt it was because i have a childish mind.

Oh and :)

PastorClark

Agnostic Christain
Why not, i don't have anything to lose. I've been wanting to die since i was born, so it would be a pleasure to go to heaven. Or hell, either one of them would be just fine and dandy.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
You have not gained it yet, so how can you know what type of fun is heaven.:)
1)From any descriptions I've heard of God, he doesn't sound like someone I would wanna hang out with.
2)Eternity is way too long for anything to stay fun. I'm only 23 and I've moved 6 times since graduating high school out of boredom.

Last edited:

chinu

chinu
Why not, i don't have anything to lose. I've been wanting to die since i was born, so it would be a pleasure to go to heaven. Or hell, either one of them would be just fine and dandy.
I think, you will lose your enemies, don't you have enemies on this earth ? :)

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
Don't take this the wrong way, but dying is easy. If you really wanted to die, you would have done it already. You might be going through a hard time that makes you feel that way, but you've still got a lot to live for and should seek help if you're depressed.

RJ50

I don't see what is so great about the concept of an afterlife? I hope I cease to be when I die.

PastorClark

Agnostic Christain
Don't take this the wrong way, but dying is easy. If you really wanted to die, you would have done it already. You might be going through a hard time that makes you feel that way, but you've still got a lot to live for and should seek help if you're depressed.

I have moved about thousand times since my life began 22 years ago. Growing up without a father hasn't been easy, growing up with a mother with a partly damage brain haven't been all that great. Growing up with a abusive brother who cannot take a hint that he shouldn't be smoking crack.

Suicide attempts all have failed: Punched out window so that a 6-7 inched piece of glass can cut tendons, muscle and veins. Remind you i was eight when i done that. Got in a fight with a trained boxer at seventeen, when the boxer was in his thirty's. Only got a bloody nose even though he was using brass knuckles through out the whole fight, This went on for about thirty or so minutes.

When i was 15-16 had a panic attack and anxiety attack and some other from of attacks at the same time. Also went through some rehab programs, but nothing they did helped. So i'm stuck here on Earth since something is keeping me alive. When a suicidal thought comes in, something is keeping me from doing it. So i give up on attempting to commit suicide, now i'm at this day and age i'm just waiting to die naturally.

So yeah life is horse shtako. :)

Last edited: