• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What makes the best arts, crafts, sciences and services possible?

Jim

Nets of Wonder
What qualities of character, and social conditions, make the best kinds of arts, crafts, sciences and services possible? Anything else? Define “best” however you want to.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I know several artists, i am an artist. I have met many scientists in work and social situations. And while being in france i have met several artisans and even more artist.

They have an aptitude for the skill/discipline in question. Other than that i dont see anything to allow prediction of who is what. All are humanly unique.

Sanzbir

What qualities of character,

Strong dream recall.

and social conditions,

An unrestricted medium of worldwide communication and an unregulated and untouched artistic market to enable the art to be bottom up rather than top-down. Such an environment will produce a deluge of terrible art as well, but such is necessary so that the great art can emerge and rise to the top of a cultural market exchange.

Reactions: Jim

sealchan

What qualities of character, and social conditions, make the best kinds of arts, crafts, sciences and services possible? Anything else? Define “best” however you want to.

Tiime and freedom to explore the promptings of one's own inner voices. Access to basic materials and inspirational work of those who have gone before. Some freedom from full time labor/work unrelated to personal sustenance.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Aptitude, motivation, opportunity and training.

PureX

Veteran Member
I think each of the categories of human endeavor that you listed would require different capabilities. To be a good artist requires a high degree of honesty, courage, and persistence. To be a good craftsman requires patience, skill, and a love of tradition. To be a good scientist requires curiosity, intuition, and mutual cooperation.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I would think that would be determined in the eyes of the beholder.