• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What kind of music do you listen to?

What genres of music do you listen to?

• Total voters

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
I'm curious, and I have nothing better to ask right now, so there you go. What kind of music do you listen to? And then post your absolute favorite genre below!

evearael

I love listening to Hilary Hahn, Orbital, Yoko Kanno, Ominotago, KMFDM, Lamb, Audioslave, Charlie Daniels Band, Fiona Apple... I really enjoy music that crosses several genres.

I love reggae dub, psycheldic rock, blues rock, experimental rock. Anything that has stemmed out of blues besides country. Everyband I listen can't really fit into a neat category.

Ody

The genres i listen to are...

Dub,Roots Reggae, Roots Ska, Experimental, Psychadelic Folk, Folk (joni mainly), Jam rock, Fusion, Prog rock (in all its forms), Post Rock, Sludgecore, Southern Rock, Jazz, New Age. Thats bout it...

Bishka

Veteran Member
Anade said:
And my favorite genre is rock. :guitar1: :D

Mine too, but I listen to classical rock, such as Jimi Hendrix and Led Zeppelin and Eric Clapton -- the gods of rock. Mmmmm...The Who, The Beatles, The Mamas and the Papas, Janis Joplin, etc. I also listen to a lot of folksy rock from that time and I like new age like Enya, Loreena McKennitt and Irish bands.

Revasser

Terrible Dancer
Generally I listen to various kinds of metal (real metal, none of that nu-metal or metalcore dreck) and prog rock.

Some examples of the former are Kamelot, Nocturnal Rites, Evergrey, Summoning and Kiuas

Some examples of the latter are Shadow Gallery, Threshold, Ayreon and Sieges Even

Fluffy

A fool
The only genres in which I listen to a whole host of bands are rock, metal and punk. However, I also have one or two bands in electronica, dance, pop, techno, blues, ska, rap and classical.

And when I say metal I mean everything from nu and metalcore to black and death and grind.

sahra-t

/me loves frubals
Mostly soft rock & indie, some harder rock. And I have a few classical tunes in my library too.

PureX

Veteran Member
I listen to folk, metal, blues, latin, country (classic country, not pop-country), avant guard, french afro-pop, and a lot of world music (African, Australian, Indian). About the only music I really can't stand is show tunes.

eudaimonia

Fellowship of Reason
Techno, synth, trance, and other electronica. Also, 80's rock, plus some rock going back to the 60's. And some classical and modern instrumental music is good too, such as Chopin (classical) and the LOTR soundtrack (modern).

I don't listen at all to country, rap, or hip hop.

eudaimonia,

Mark

stemann

Time Bandit
beckysoup61 said:
Mine too, but I listen to classical rock, such as Jimi Hendrix and Led Zeppelin and Eric Clapton -- the gods of rock.

Three of the most influential artists concerning the evolution from blues/rock&roll to rock.

Rock is my favourite, along with its sub-genres, although classical is probably my 2nd or at least 3rd favourite- Romantic era classical is the best from this (not romantic in the conventional sense, it's a term for late 19th/early 20th century classical).

Pop can't be considered music anymore. It's made for the pure sake of trends/commericalism and many of the 'artists' don't play music, they just sing.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I answere yes to all types except hip-hop/Rap (just not enjoyable to me) Techo (I am not even sure I don't like techno, I have to admit I am not sure of any example of that genre).

I am fortunate, I love music, and like almost any genre, except those above; Rap (to me) is like a musical outpouring of words - the emphasis being on the words rather than the music itself.

I also said "Yes" to Jazz, although in small quantities.