• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What John 10:34 really means... Jesus isn't calling anyone, 'gods'.

The Anointed

I now have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Are you saying that you do not believe John 1 clearly explains that the Word who was with God (the Father) in the beginning and also was God ( not the Father, but who then became the begotten Son after his baptism -by who and for whom all things were made) became flesh as Christ?

It very clearly does.

Furthermore...I am not Catholic

Oh, I believe that the Logos /word, is God. The Greek word “LOGOS” which has been translated as “WORD”, should be seen as ‘The thoughts in the mind which are to be expressed.

The Logos is the essential divine reality of the universe, the eternal spirit from which all being originate and to which all must return.

The term, “LOGOS” pertains to the very plan from the outset. [The creation of a universal body in which a Supreme mind or personality of Godhead to that body, develops.] In Sanskrit the similar meaning is given in the use of the word 'vach.' Vach means word. But in Sanskrit teachings of the Sanatana Dharma, vach has many levels. Including where the word is first considered as being in the mind as a thought, not as the spoken word or speech.

In the beginning was the Logos and the Logos was God and was with God, who is "The Supreme Personality of Godhead to have developed within the Logos," He 'The LIGHT OF MAN' All the wisdom, knowledge and insight gained from the body of mankind was the Light and Life within the Logos.

And you believe the false doctrine of the Roman Church of Emperor Constantine, that the Logos was the man Jesus, do you?

John the Baptist was not that LIGHT but was sent to bear witness of that light, who commanded him to baptize with water, which was symbolic of the Great flood [1 Peter 3: 21] when the old man [ADAM] was submerged in water and the new man [Enoch the Anointed one] arose.

John was told by the LIGHT OF MAN, that the man upon who he saw the spirit descend, was the one chosen to baptize with the spirit.

John 1: 32; And John [The Baptist] gave this testimony: "I saw the spirit [Of the Lord] come down like a dove from heaven and stay on him.

Now although John Knew that Jesus the son of his cousin Mary was greater than he, and he considered himself unworthy to baptize him, he continued.

I still did not know that he was the one, but God, who sent me to baptize with water had said to me, 'You will see the spirit come down and stay on a man; he is the one who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.' I have seen it, said John, and I tell you that he is the Son of God."

John knew this, because he had heard the heavenly voice say to Jesus, "You are my Son, THIS DAY I have begotten thee."

Of course John was to later doubt if his cousin's son was the chosen Messiah or if they had to wait for another.

If john had believed that his cousin Mary, was still a virgin when she gave birth to Jesus, which would have been the greatest of all miracles, he never would have doubted.

Last edited: