• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your short story or one sentence, Why Do You love God?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I love God because He loved me first and demonstrated His love in a tangible way by paying the price for my sins.

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. We love Him because He first loved us. 1 John 4:18-19

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Matthew 20:28 - "even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many."
(The greatest gift anyone could ever give.)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I love those two scriptures, "We love Him because He first loved us".
I like those scriptures too. According to my religion God knew He would love us even before He created us, so of course He loved us "first."

3: O SON OF MAN! Veiled in My immemorial being and in the ancient eternity of My essence, I knew My love for thee; therefore I created thee, have engraved on thee Mine image and revealed to thee My beauty.

4: O SON OF MAN! I loved thy creation, hence I created thee. Wherefore, do thou love Me, that I may name thy name and fill thy soul with the spirit of life.”

The Hidden Words of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 4

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
I like those scriptures too. According to my religion God knew He would love us even before He created us, so of course He loved us "first."
It is so nice that even though we belong to a different faith, we don't have to focus on what we disagree on!

We can find many beliefs we can agree on like Love, Respect and Friendship. :sparklingheart: And not waste all our time on disagreement!

I really like that we can agree on many things. :)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
It is so nice that even though we belong to a different faith, we don't have to focus on what we disagree on!

We can find many beliefs we can agree on like Love, Respect and Friendship. :sparklingheart: And not waste all our time on disagreement!
I think you might like this quote about the BEAUTY AND HARMONY IN DIVERSITY :)

“Consider the world of created beings, how varied and diverse they are in species, yet with one sole origin. All the differences that appear are those of outward form and colour. This diversity of type is apparent throughout the whole of nature.

Behold a beautiful garden full of flowers, shrubs, and trees. Each flower has a different charm, a peculiar beauty, its own delicious perfume and beautiful colour. The trees too, how varied are they in size, in growth, in foliage—and what different fruits they bear! Yet all these flowers, shrubs and trees spring from the self-same earth, the same sun shines upon them and the same clouds give them rain.

So it is with humanity. It is made up of many races, and its peoples are of different colour, white, black, yellow, brown and red—but they all come from the same God, and all are servants to Him. This diversity among the children of men has unhappily not the same effect as it has among the vegetable creation, where the spirit shown is more harmonious. Among men exists the diversity of animosity, and it is this that causes war and hatred among the different nations of the world.

Differences which are only those of blood also cause them to destroy and kill one another. Alas! that this should still be so. Let us look rather at the beauty in diversity, the beauty of harmony, and learn a lesson from the vegetable creation. If you beheld a garden in which all the plants were the same as to form, colour and perfume, it would not seem beautiful to you at all, but, rather, monotonous and dull. The garden which is pleasing to the eye and which makes the heart glad, is the garden in which are growing side by side flowers of every hue, form and perfume, and the joyous contrast of colour is what makes for charm and beauty. So is it with trees. An orchard full of fruit trees is a delight; so is a plantation planted with many species of shrubs. It is just the diversity and variety that constitutes its charm; each flower, each tree, each fruit, beside being beautiful in itself, brings out by contrast the qualities of the others, and shows to advantage the special loveliness of each and all.

Thus should it be among the children of men! The diversity in the human family should be the cause of love and harmony, as it is in music where many different notes blend together in the making of a perfect chord. If you meet those of different race and colour from yourself, do not mistrust them and withdraw yourself into your shell of conventionality, but rather be glad and show them kindness. Think of them as different coloured roses growing in the beautiful garden of humanity, and rejoice to be among them.

Likewise, when you meet those whose opinions differ from your own, do not turn away your face from them. All are seeking truth, and there are many roads leading thereto. Truth has many aspects, but it remains always and forever one.

Do not allow difference of opinion, or diversity of thought to separate you from your fellow-men, or to be the cause of dispute, hatred and strife in your hearts.

Rather, search diligently for the truth and make all men your friends.

Every edifice is made of many different stones, yet each depends on the other to such an extent that if one were displaced the whole building would suffer; if one is faulty the structure is imperfect.

Bahá’u’lláh has drawn the circle of unity, He has made a design for the uniting of all the peoples, and for the gathering of them all under the shelter of the tent of universal unity. This is the work of the Divine Bounty, and we must all strive with heart and soul until we have the reality of unity in our midst, and as we work, so will strength be given unto us.”

Paris Talks, pp. 51-54

walt

Likewise, when you meet those whose opinions differ from your own, do not turn away your face from them. All are seeking truth, and there are many roads leading thereto. Truth has many aspects, but it remains always and forever one.

Do not allow difference of opinion, or diversity of thought to separate you from your fellow-men, or to be the cause of dispute, hatred and strife in your hearts.
All the words of: BEAUTY AND HARMONY IN DIVERSITY sound very kind and positive in a way that brings people together. :)

walt

Some will call this propaganda, I call it Love :sparklingheart:

Whoever does not love has not come to know God, because God is love. -- 1 John 4:8

Attachments

• 1014254_univ_lsr_lg.jpg
    1014254_univ_lsr_lg.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 202016046_univ_cnt_2_md.jpg
    202016046_univ_cnt_2_md.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 702019203_univ_gal_01_lg.jpg
    702019203_univ_gal_01_lg.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

walt

God is love.
This is my favorite scripture, would you share your favorite one please?

Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. NLT --Isaiah 41:10 :sparklingheart:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
These verses are not about why I love God, they are about why I do not love the world.

John 12:24-26 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal. If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

A similar verse from Baha'i scriptures also explains why I don't love the world:

“The world is but a show, vain and empty, a mere nothing, bearing the semblance of reality. Set not your affections upon it. Break not the bond that uniteth you with your Creator, and be not of those that have erred and strayed from His ways. Verily I say, the world is like the vapor in a desert, which the thirsty dreameth to be water and striveth after it with all his might, until when he cometh unto it, he findeth it to be mere illusion.” Gleanings, pp. 328-329

walt

These verses are not about why I love God, they are about why I do not love the world.

John 12:24-26 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal. If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.
I like that scripture, I myself read the Bible to find out God's ways! And then I put them much higher, than the ways of the world. :sparklingheart:

And I have respect for your other views.

Last edited:

walt

A similar verse from Baha'i scriptures also explains why I don't love the world:

“The world is but a show, vain and empty, a mere nothing, bearing the semblance of reality. Set not your affections upon it. Break not the bond that uniteth you with your Creator, and be not of those that have erred and strayed from His ways. Verily I say, the world is like the vapor in a desert, which the thirsty dreameth to be water and striveth after it with all his might, until when he cometh unto it, he findeth it to be mere illusion.” Gleanings, pp. 328-329
I have respect for everything you have said. :heart:

walt

Among the numberless reasons I could go into, I love God most because he gave me the ability to choose, provided a way for me to repent, and offers me eternal progression and joy with my love (my wife).
Would you Please, Share with Everyone your Favorite Scripture? :heartarrow:

walt

3: O SON OF MAN! Veiled in My immemorial being and in the ancient eternity of My essence, I knew My love for thee; therefore I created thee, have engraved on thee Mine image and revealed to thee My beauty.

4: O SON OF MAN! I loved thy creation, hence I created thee. Wherefore, do thou love Me, that I may name thy name and fill thy soul with the spirit of life.”

The Hidden Words of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 4
Hello, I extend to you Much Joy, Happiness, Friendship and more, did you like the video on Love? :heartarrow:

Sorry sometimes I pour it on a little too much, after my stroke I just don't handle emotions the same.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
At least the pharyngeal arches are a testament to our fishy ancestry.
According to certain ones, discovering the Tiktaalik was an incredible find. However, there are no videos showing how they emerged slowly but surely, and what they eventually evolved to.

Unfettered

A striving disciple of Jesus Christ
Would you Please, Share with Everyone your Favorite Scripture? :heartarrow:
Why, thank you for asking. I would be honored to share, though it's difficult to choose a favorite!

"Wherefore, redemption cometh in and through the Holy Messiah; for he is full of grace and truth. Behold, he offereth himself a sacrifice for sin, to answer the ends of the law, unto all those who have a broken heart and a contrite spirit; and unto none else can the ends of the law be answered. Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah, who layeth down his life according to the flesh, and taketh it again by the power of the Spirit, that he may bring to pass the resurrection of the dead, being the first that should rise. Wherefore, he is the firstfruits unto God, inasmuch as he shall make intercession for all the children of men; and they that believe in him shall be saved." (2 Nephi 2:6 - 9)

walt

Why, thank you for asking. I would be honored to share, though it's difficult to choose a favorite!

"Wherefore, redemption cometh in and through the Holy Messiah; for he is full of grace and truth. Behold, he offereth himself a sacrifice for sin, to answer the ends of the law, unto all those who have a broken heart and a contrite spirit; and unto none else can the ends of the law be answered. Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah, who layeth down his life according to the flesh, and taketh it again by the power of the Spirit, that he may bring to pass the resurrection of the dead, being the first that should rise. Wherefore, he is the firstfruits unto God, inasmuch as he shall make intercession for all the children of men; and they that believe in him shall be saved." (2 Nephi 2:6 - 9)

I see you are a believer of the church of Jesus Christ of latter-day saints. I respect the kind words that you put faith in, and bring you comfort.

I extend to you and your family kindness and friendship. :heart: