• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your short story or one sentence, Why Do You love God?

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
I agree with you, salt also has the meaning of "wisdom", but in the case of Lot's wife, did she turn into a pillar of wisdom for disobedience? Was she being punished for not listening to the words of the Angels, from God? Did God punish others severely for disobedience? In the time The Book of Genesis was written was God demanding obedience?

You have selected a good example of words having multiple meanings. you're right most any word, could have several meanings!
Thank You :sparklingheart:
In my mind she turned into a pillar of salt because she saw the knowledge, if not the metaphorical face, of God. . .more wisdom than humanity can contain. Not punishment but rather consequence.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru

I love Gods and Goddesses because I grew up with them, does not matter if I am a strong atheist now.

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
The Bible also explains several days as "the day" at (Genesis 2:4)
These are the generations of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that Yahweh God made earth and heaven.
--Legacy Standard Bible
Genesis 2:4 - Man and Woman in the Garden

Day 1: God made light reach earth’s surface, resulting in night-and-day cycles.
Day 2: God formed an expanse, or a division between water on earth’s surface and water high above its surface. The sky and the sea.
Day 3: God made dry land appear. He also created the vegetation.
Day 4: God made the sun, moon, and stars visible as distinct luminaries from the earth’s surface.
Day 5: God created aquatic life and flying creatures.
Day 6: God created land animals and humans.

For a thousand years are in your eyes just as yesterday when it is past, Just as a watch during the night. --Psalm 90:4

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing: that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. --2 Pet. 3:8 KJ

In addition, on the first creative day, “God began calling the light Day, but the darkness he called Night.” (Genesis 1:5) Here, only a portion of a 24-hour period is defined by the term “day.” Certainly, there is no basis in Scripture for stating that each creative day was 24 hours long.

The fact is that the Hebrew word translated “day” can mean various lengths of time, not just a 24-hour period. For example, when summarizing God’s creative work, Moses refers to Several creative days as one day. (Genesis 2:4).
The length of time described in the Bible could also mean thousands of years long, Revelation 1:1 was written over 2,000 years ago, but it says: [ which must shortly come to pass ]

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: --Revelation 1:1 KJV

Last edited:

firedragon

Veteran Member
I am Thankful to God, for the wonderful design of the human body and all it can do!
I don't know about this "love" thing. Maybe I do love God, but I think it's like a cliche thrown out at preaching sessions where I believe in rational reasoning.

I believe in God because in my paradigm that's the only rational conclusion. That's where I stand. My personal perspective.

walt

I don't know about this "love" thing. Maybe I do love God, but I think it's like a cliche thrown out at preaching sessions where I believe in rational reasoning.

I believe in God because in my paradigm that's the only rational conclusion. That's where I stand. My personal perspective.
Nice point, everyone has different degrees of love, different reasons to love and different kinds of love. Thank You. :sparklingheart:

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
…where I believe in rational reasoning.

Mine too.

That said, what in your opinion…. or maybe how, is believing in God rational?

Is it from the “Creator” aspect?
From the complex structures in the cell, to organisms themselves, etc…

Many call this an argument from incredulity, but some things really are incredible.

And the complexities of life are orders of magnitude incredible.

Not to mention the associated forces that enable it.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Mine too.

That said, what in your opinion…. or maybe how, is believing in God rational?

Is it from the “Creator” aspect?
From the complex structures in the cell, to organisms themselves, etc…

Many call this an argument from incredulity, but some things really are incredible.

And the complexities of life are orders of magnitude incredible.

Not to mention the associated forces that enable it.
People call many things by many names and terms. That has no bearing in absolute truth. In my paradigm, the existence of God is rational and inevitable. And for that there are many and plenty of rational argumentation. There are no rational argumentation for the non-existence of God.

Cheers.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
People call many things by many names and terms. That has no bearing in absolute truth. In my paradigm, the existence of God is rational and inevitable. And for that there are many and plenty of rational argumentation. There are no rational argumentation for the non-existence of God.

Cheers.
You didn’t answer my question…

Exactly what are the many and plenty. Can you tell me at least one?
Do you agree with my previous post?
Or what specifically convinces you?

Cheers.

MayPeaceBeUpOnYou

What is your short story or one sentence, Why Do You love God?​

I simply love Allah for being alive, and giving me the opportunity to be right with him since he is all merciful and all forgiving

walt

Let love continue among you. --Hebrews 13:1 The Voice Bible Copyright © 2012

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

It is not a story, it is a/the reality that G-d loves us/me, so why mustn't we/I desire/endeavor to love him, please, right?
Doesn't the loving, careful and Merciful G-d of the truthful Religion ,therefore, must be loved, please, right?
He (G-d) has/had loved founders of all Great/Truthful Religions, and they also loved him, and they had been in all regions of the world, His Converse is its proof, please, right?

Regard