• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your short story or one sentence, Why Do You love God?

Ajax

Jesus to me, is The Highest Example of Righteousness, for anyone born of a woman. to live a sinless life, to carry out his ministry doing his Father's will instead of his own, to do the right thing and endure all the temptations that life has to offer, to suffer at the hands of Pontius Pilate direction, to die such a Horrible Death.
His Father resurrected him, bringing him back to life, if anyone deserves to receive his life back, that would be Jesus! :heartpulse::sparklingheart::twohearts:

Jesus prays to his Father about what he is about to endure..
Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.” --Matthew 26:39
You are not a Trinitarian then?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Oh, do you mean you think that he suffered emotionally the same way people would as a consequence of their sins, even though he was sinless?
I don’t remember people’s capillaries bursting from the forehead and mixing blood with sweat as”the same people would Asia consequence”…

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Jesus to me, is The Highest Example of Righteousness, for anyone born of a woman. to live a sinless life, to carry out his ministry doing his Father's will instead of his own, to do the right thing and endure all the temptations that life has to offer, to suffer at the hands of Pontius Pilate direction, to die such a Horrible Death.
His Father resurrected him, bringing him back to life, if anyone deserves to receive his life back, that would be Jesus! :heartpulse::sparklingheart::twohearts:

Jesus prays to his Father about what he is about to endure..
Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.” --Matthew 26:39
And in conjunction, showing that his heavenly Father approved and trusted him, He made Jesus King.

Ajax

And in conjunction, showing that his heavenly Father approved and trusted him, He made Jesus King.
What do you mean approved and trusted him? Isn't Jesus supposedly God, the same as the Father?
You would probably have more arguments with other Christians than atheists...:)

Niatero

*banned*
@Niatero

Did you intend to respond to this post?

Where in the Bible does it say that God made Jesus a King?
In Samuel, God tells David that he will establish the kingdom of one of David's descendants, and says "I will be his father, and he shall be my son."

In Matthew, after Jesus is baptized by John, the Spirit of God comes down to him, and a voice from heaven says "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."

Later, when Jesus asks his twelve who they think he is, Peter says that he is the anointed one (king), the son of the living God. Jesus says "Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven."

(later) Also, see walt's post below.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
What do you mean approved and trusted him? Isn't Jesus supposedly God, the same as the Father?
You would probably have more arguments with other Christians than atheists...:)
Jesus was appointed by the Father. Not as part of a trinity of three supposedly (eternally) equal persons. Just so you know what I believe and have discerned from the Bible. But thanks for asking.

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
Jesus was appointed by the Father. Not as part of a trinity of three supposedly (eternally) equal persons. Just so you know what I believe and have discerned from the Bible. But thanks for asking.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
In Samuel, God tells David that he will establish the kingdom of one of David's descendants, and says "I will be his father, and he shall be my son."
Baha'u'llah was also one of David's descendants, and Baha'is believe He was the return of Christ who came to reveal what will be necessary to help humans establish the kingdom of God on earth.
In Matthew, after Jesus is baptized by John, the Spirit of God comes down to him, and a voice from heaven says "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."
That does not say that Jesus was a king.
Later, when Jesus asks his twelve who they think he is, Peter says that he is the anointed one (king), the son of the living God. Jesus says "Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven."
An anointed one is not necessarily a king.

Jesus never claimed to be a king, and Jesus never said He was coming back to establish an earthly Kingdom

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

John 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

walt

Baha'u'llah was also one of David's descendants, and Baha'is believe He was the return of Christ who came to reveal what will be necessary to help humans establish the kingdom of God on earth.

That does not say that Jesus was a king.

An anointed one is not necessarily a king.

Jesus never claimed to be a king, and Jesus never said He was coming back to establish an earthly Kingdom

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

John 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

30 But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. 31 You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.” -- Luke 1:30-33

We both have Holy Scriptures, words that give each one of us understanding and help to support our beliefs. I hope this does not create a conflict, somehow. :sparklingheart:

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
30 But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. 31 You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.” -- Luke 1:30-33

We both have words that they give each one of us understanding. I hope this does not create a conflict, somehow. :sparklingheart:
I believe Jesus will rule in heaven eternally, but never on earth. That is why the verse says his kingdom will never end.

“In the Bible there are prophecies of the coming of Christ. The Jews still await the coming of the Messiah, and pray to God day and night to hasten His advent…….

The Throne upon which He sat is the Eternal Throne from which Christ reigns for ever, a heavenly throne, not an earthly one, for the things of earth pass away but heavenly things pass not away. He re-interpreted and completed the Law of Moses and fulfilled the Law of the Prophets. His word conquered the East and the West. His Kingdom is everlasting.

Abdu'l-Baha, Paris Talks

From: THE TRUE MEANING OF THE PROPHECIES CONCERNING THE COMING OF CHRIST

walt

I believe Jesus will rule in heaven eternally, but never on earth.

“In the Bible there are prophecies of the coming of Christ. The Jews still await the coming of the Messiah, and pray to God day and night to hasten His advent…….

The Throne upon which He sat is the Eternal Throne from which Christ reigns for ever, a heavenly throne, not an earthly one, for the things of earth pass away but heavenly things pass not away. He re-interpreted and completed the Law of Moses and fulfilled the Law of the Prophets. His word conquered the East and the West. His Kingdom is everlasting.

Abdu'l-Baha, Paris Talks

I respect your way of thinking completely, it sounds like you have solid proof for what you believe! All I am asking is, since we both have Holy Scriptures, we are bound to disagree eventually on this or that. We agree on many things. :)

Last edited:

walt

I believe Jesus will rule in heaven eternally, but never on earth. That is why the verse says his kingdom will never end.

Abdu'l-Baha, Paris Talks

Thank You for all your kindness. :):sparklingheart::twohearts:

Ajax

People that believe in the Trinity, have a right to believe that way! ❤️ I have Respect for them! And their Beliefs.

Jesus is referred to in a Father and Son relationship. 130 times.

Son of God = 33 times
God's son = 9 times
my son = 8 times.
my God = 3 times.
my father = 47 times
Son of the Most High = 1 time.
Son of the Most High God = 2 times
Son of the father = 1 time
Son of the living God = 1 time
Son of the blessed one = 1 time
his father: 2 times.
his Son = 19 times.
“You are my son; today I have become your father.” = 2 times.
“You are my son; today I have become your father”? And again: “I will become his father, and he will become my son”? 6 But when he again brings his Firstborn = 1 time.
I write as an agnostic but one who has studied the Bible for a long time. I also find the Trinity dogma wrong, as I find wrong that Jesus is God, however...
The Christian doctrine of the Trinity is the central doctrine concerning the nature of God in most Christian churches, which defines one God existing in three coequal, coeternal, consubstantial divine persons. It was established by the first Church (combined Eastern Orthodox and Catholic) and those who don't accept it are therefore called heretics and are excommunicated. .
The Bible teaches that God is Our Father even though he is not really our biological father. And The Bible also explains thoroughly that Jesus Christ is the Father's Son. Are we supposed to doubt the Bible's words and put faith in words Jesus never spoke?

If Jesus words are not trustworthy whose words are trustworthy? --John 17:3, John 20:17, John 3:16, Matthew 16:13-17
Jesus words are what is Essential to a Christian! Not the words he never spoke!
Here I think you are wrong. You write about Jesus words being trustworthy and how are Essential to a Christian, but you (probably) believe in Paul's contradicting words, which differ.

"A man is not justified by the works of the Law" (Gal. 2:16). "Rom 3:28 "Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law." (Rom 3:28) "That no one is justified by the Law before God is evident" (3:11). "Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law" (v. 13). He abolished "in His flesh the enmity,which is the Law of commandments" (Eph. 2:15). "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith, and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God not by works, so that no one can boast.” (Eph 2:8-9)

Let alone that Paul implied that neither faith, nor works are needed, since people were predestined before the world began.
This is not religion...it's a passe-partout (master key) for everyone, hence the 45,000+ denominations.

Jesus said "Matthew 5:18-19 "For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the law until all is accomplished. 19 Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so (Paul?), shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."
I Love and Respect all people no matter what they believe! :):sparklingheart::twohearts:
That can not be true..first of all respect is earned and secondly you can not possibly respect pedophiles, rapists, killers, Hitler and...Trump:laughing:

Last edited:

walt

I write as an agnostic but one who has studied the Bible for a long time. I also find the Trinity dogma wrong, as I find wrong that Jesus is God, however...
The Christian doctrine of the Trinity is the central doctrine concerning the nature of God in most Christian churches, which defines one God existing in three coequal, coeternal, consubstantial divine persons. It was established by the first Church (combined Eastern Orthodox and Catholic) and those who don't accept it are therefore called heretics and are excommunicated. .

Here I think you are wrong. You write about Jesus words being trustworthy and how are Essential to a Christian, but you (probably) believe in Paul's contradicting words, which differ.

"A man is not justified by the works of the Law" (Gal. 2:16). "Rom 3:28 "Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law." (Rom 3:28) "That no one is justified by the Law before God is evident" (3:11). "Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law" (v. 13). He abolished "in His flesh the enmity,which is the Law of commandments" (Eph. 2:15). "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith, and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God not by works, so that no one can boast.” (Eph 2:8-9)

Let alone that Paul implied that neither faith, nor works are needed, since people were predestined before the world began.
This is not religion...it's a passe-partout (master key) for everyone, hence the 45,000+ denominations.

Jesus said "Matthew 5:18-19 "For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the law until all is accomplished. 19 Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so (Paul?), shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

That can not be true..first of all respect is earned and secondly you can not possibly respect pedophiles, killers, Hitler and...Trump:laughing:
Sorry if you will please accept my apology, I was having a bad day, I shouldn't have overreacted. This post talks about the subject..

Last edited:

Ajax

Check out this post if you would like to here both sides of the discussion.
I have read that post and I also told you that I think the dogma of Trinity (and Jesus being God) is wrong.

However, since you said the Jesus words are the essential words for every Christian, do you accept that "Whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments (of the Law) and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven"?

walt

I have read that post and I also told you that I think the dogma of Trinity (and Jesus being God) is wrong.

However, since you said the Jesus words are the essential words for every Christian, do you accept that "Whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments (of the Law) and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven"?
I deleted the post, sorry for overreacting. I didn't understand the last part of your question, I guess I'm really tired.