• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your opinion of Jesus?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Isaiah 45:7, Isaiah 45:7 - God Calls Cyrus evil or calamity is the most common translation. Evil and Calamity in this context means evil/calamity as relatively experienced by living souls.....................................................................................................................

Ok, so let's be clear, all dualistical complementary opposite concepts in our language apply to this world, and have meaning in the relative sense to fallen mankind (having eaten of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil), but there is no such duality in Heaven, all is Divine, Divine is of God, God is one, there is no other. God's Heavenly Light imbues all Heavenly souls/Angels always, there is no duality, no darkness. Hence 1 John 1:5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.
For a human living soul, Heaven and Earth are as Light and Darkness, but a Heavenly soul would only experience Heavenly Light.
To recap, as a living soul, we experience a relative dualstical view of existence in the form good and bad, like and dislike, etc., a Heavenly soul otoh does not just experience Heavenly Light, it is Heavenly Light, it is one with God and God is Light.
Finally, a living soul which aspires to be born of the Heavenly spirit, must be prepared to sacrifice their living soul with its body self's dualistic perspective Flesh born of flesh is flesh, spirit born of spirit is spirit, unless you are prepared to give up your dualistic fleshly life, and be born of the spirit, you will not see the Kingdom of Heaven.
Thus, the evil or calamity of Isa. 45:7 is Not synonymous with wrong doing, but God using it against wrongdoing.
Yes, those resurrected to heavenly life (Rev. 20:6) only experience Heavenly Light. (God IS light besides God IS Love)
Yes, those resurrected to Heaven do Not take a fleshly physical body but a spirit body - 1st Corinthians 15:50
The fleshly/physical are the meek who will inherit, Not Heaven, but inherit the Earth - Matt. 5:5; Psalms 37:9-11; 22:26
This is a reason why such meek ones will Not see Heaven but can gain everlasting life on Earth forever.
Live forever on Earth as originally offered to Adam before his downfall.
A beautiful paradisical Earth as the Garden of Eden originally was and Earth will become. - Isaiah chapter 35

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Only the Watchtower with their aberrant teachings pull verses out of context and divide believers into two groups: heavenly and earthly. The biblical scriptures teach no such thing.
I find Jesus taught Biblical Scripture in context when Jesus promised the meek will inherit the Earth.
Matthew 5:5 corresponding from Psalms 37:9-11; 22:26

- www.jw.org

InChrist

Free4ever
I find Jesus taught Biblical Scripture in context when Jesus promised the meek will inherit the Earth.
Matthew 5:5 corresponding from Psalms 37:9-11; 22:26

- www.jw.org
Yes, those passages in Matthew and Psalms correspond. The Watchtower, nevertheless, distorts them and leaves out many other corresponding passages concerning the destiny of the meek; ALL those who have submitted to God) .

“For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former shall not be remembered or come to mind.
Isaiah 65:17

“For as the new heavens and the new earthWhich I will make shall remain before Me,” says the Lord, “So shall your descendants and your name remain.
Isaiah 66:22

Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. Revelation 21:1

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. 11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? 13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells. 2 Peter 3:10-13

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Thus, the evil or calamity of Isa. 45:7 is Not synonymous with wrong doing, but God using it against wrongdoing.
Yes, those resurrected to heavenly life (Rev. 20:6) only experience Heavenly Light. (God IS light besides God IS Love)
Yes, those resurrected to Heaven do Not take a fleshly physical body but a spirit body - 1st Corinthians 15:50
The fleshly/physical are the meek who will inherit, Not Heaven, but inherit the Earth - Matt. 5:5; Psalms 37:9-11; 22:26
This is a reason why such meek ones will Not see Heaven but can gain everlasting life on Earth forever.
A beautiful paradisical Earth as the Garden of Eden originally was and Earth will become. - Isaiah chapter 35
Ok, you are going to stick to the JW interpretation that the meek will live forever on Earth.

Stargates

IMO Jesus was a good teacher and died in an Earthquake, that is why he went down like a seed and will be back up on final earthquake.
But that is Just me thinking. ;)

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Is that really JW interpretation, or is that what the Bible says? Much respect and kindness!
Well I do not know of any religious denomination other than JW which believe humans will attain to immortality on Earth, so yes!

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Well I do not know of any religious denomination other than JW which believe humans will attain to immortality on Earth, so yes!
The traditional belief of Judaism is that our bodies will be resurrected and we will live in the World to Come. It is one of the 13 Principles of Faith according to Maimonides.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
The traditional belief of Judaism is that our bodies will be resurrected and we will live in the World to Come. It is one of the 13 Principles of Faith according to Maimonides.
By the World to come, do you mean this same physical planet Earth in the future? By resurrected, do you mean as in reincarnated?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Ok, some questions if I may.
Is the fleshly human body of the meek that will live forever on Earth a biological body like what we have now?
Is the world that the meek will live on this Earth with the same continents, oceans, atmosphere, etc., in the same Solar System?

IndigoChild5559

By the World to come, do you mean this same physical planet Earth in the future? By resurrected, do you mean as in reincarnated?
Resurrection has nothing to do with reincarnation. In reincarnation, your soul enters a new baby body. In resurrection, there is no new body. It is your same body as you had before you died, but it has come back to life, and you are the same person you were.

I don't know a lot about the world to come. To be really honest, I just don't have a great interest in the afterlife, so I'm not really paying close attention when it is discussed. But I have the impression that Olam Haba (the world to come) is a very physical world in which our very physical resurrected bodies are supposed to dwell -- an ideal, perfected world, where we can be close to God in a way that is beyond us in this life. It would not surprise me at all to learn that there are other Jewish interpretations as well.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Resurrection has nothing to do with reincarnation. In reincarnation, your soul enters a new baby body. In resurrection, there is no new body. It is your same body as you had before you died, but it has come back to life, and you are the same person you were.

I don't know a lot about the world to come. To be really honest, I just don't have a great interest in the afterlife, so I'm not really paying close attention when it is discussed. But I have the impression that Olam Haba (the world to come) is a very physical world in which our very physical resurrected bodies are supposed to dwell -- an ideal, perfected world, where we can be close to God in a way that is beyond us in this life. It would not surprise me at all to learn that there are other Jewish interpretations as well.
Ok, so if you were 80 yo before you died, would your soul get the same 80yo body that you had before you died in the resurrection, if you were 20 yo before you died, then would you get the same 20yo body in the resurrection?

IndigoChild5559

Ok, so if you were 80 yo before you died, would your soul get the same 80yo body that you had before you died in the resurrection, if you were 20 yo before you died, then would you get the same 20yo body in the resurrection?
LOL, I'm the last person to be asked these questions. Like I said, I'm not really interested in the afterlife, and tend to tune things out when others discuss it. If there is an answer to your question, I sure don't know it. I only got involved in this thread because there was a person who made the comment that the JWs were the only religious group they knew of that believed in an earthly immortality, so I needed to correct that. My job here is done. :)

Last edited:

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
LOL, I'm the last person to be asked these questions. Like I said, I'm not really interested in the afterlife, and tend to tune things out when others discuss it. If there is an answer to your question, I sure don't know it. I only got involved in this thread because there was a person who made the comment that the JWs were the only religious group they knew of that believed in an earthly immortality, so I needed to correct that. My job here is done. :)
Shucks, and I was just getting started. :D

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
"What is your opinion of Jesus?"
The guy had a bug in his mind. Mary would have liked that he settled down and raised children. Not much can be done for such people.

Jedster

Dear Jesus and Mary, please forgive Aupie, he's just a naughty boy.

Actually @Aupmanyav does have a point.
Ahmadi Muslims believe that Jesus went to live in India, where he had a family and died there.

Perhaps @paarsurrey (An Ahmadi) will comment.

"Having delivered his message to the Israelites in Judea, Jesus is understood to have emigrated eastward to escape persecution from Judea and to have further spread his message to the Lost Tribes of Israel.[1][2][3][4] In Ahmadiyya Islam, Jesus is thought to have died a natural death in India.[1][2][3][4] Jesus lived to old age and later died in Srinagar, Kashmir, and his tomb is presently located at the Roza Bal shrine.[1][2][3]"

Full article at Jesus in Ahmadiyya Islam - Wikipedia

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Ahmadi Muslims believe that Jesus went to live in India, where he had a family and died there.

"Having delivered his message to the Israelites in Judea, Jesus is understood to have emigrated eastward to escape persecution from Judea and to have further spread his message to the Lost Tribes of Israel.[1][2][3][4] In Ahmadiyya Islam, Jesus is thought to have died a natural death in India.[1][2][3][4] Jesus lived to old age and later died in Srinagar, Kashmir, and his tomb is presently located at the Roza Bal shrine.[1][2][3]"

Aupie may be a descendent?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

It is useful to know about it from the Ahmadiyya official website:
"Ahmadi Muslims hold the unique belief that Jesus (peace be upon him) survived the crucifixion and travelled towards India to continue his ministry among the Lost Tribes of Israel. Furthermore, they claim that his tomb, containing his body, has been recently re-discovered in India where it can be seen to this day. Ahmadi Muslims also assert that this belief is not only upheld by the Holy Quran and the Sayings of Muhammad (sa), but even by the Holy Bible itself.

Life before Crucifixion

Ahmadi Muslims believe that Jesus (as) was a Prophet of God born to the Virgin Mary and was the Messiah of the Israelites as foretold by Moses (as).
  • Virgin Birth: The miracle of his birth is affirmed by The Holy Quran. more
  • Son of God: Jesus used this metaphor for all believers, not just himself. more
  • His Miracles: A sign of his truth, like the many other prophets of God. more
  • His Mission: Confined to the twelve tribes of Israel, not the whole world. more

Survival from Crucifixion

Ahmadi Muslims claim that Jesus (as) survived the crucifixion because he was taken down from the cross in a state of unconsciousness — not death.
  • Sign of Jonah: Jesus foretold he would survive just like Jonah did. more
  • Blood and Water: Gushed from the spear wound, a sign of a beating heart. more
  • Prayer at Gethsemane: He prayed to be rescued from death on the cross. more
  • Short Duration: Death on the cross is meant to take days, not hours. more
  • Pilate’s Plot: Having sympathy for Jesus, he planned to save him. more
  • Healing Herbs: Used for healing the living — not embalming the dead. more
  • Unbroken Legs: This would have prevented death by respiratory distress. more
  • His Denial: Of being an apparition, baring his wounds he called for food. more

Life after Crucifixion

After his survival, Jesus (as) travelled as far as Kashmir, India and preached to the Lost Tribes of Israel. His tomb can be found there to this day.
  • Lost Tribes Found: He went towards India in search of the lost tribes. more
  • Tomb of Jesus: Recently discovered and preserved in Kashmir, India. more
  • Ancient Texts: Buddhist and Hindu texts confirm his
  • travels to the region. more
  • His Ultimate Victory: Saved from the cross, he completed his mission. more "
Friend @Jedster
Thanks for your interest in the matter, please, right?

Regards

Last edited:

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
It is useful to know about it from the Ahmadiyya official website:
Ahmadi Muslims hold the unique belief that Jesus (peace be upon him) survived the crucifixion and travelled towards India to continue his ministry among the Lost Tribes of Israel. Furthermore, they claim that his tomb, containing his body, has been recently re-discovered in India where it can be seen to this day. Ahmadi Muslims also assert that this belief is not only upheld by the Holy Quran and the Sayings of Muhammad (sa), but even by the Holy Bible itself.

Life before Crucifixion

Ahmadi Muslims believe that Jesus (as) was a Prophet of God born to the Virgin Mary and was the Messiah of the Israelites as foretold by Moses (as).
  • Virgin Birth: The miracle of his birth is affirmed by The Holy Quran. more
  • Son of God: Jesus used this metaphor for all believers, not just himself. more
  • His Miracles: A sign of his truth, like the many other prophets of God. more
  • His Mission: Confined to the twelve tribes of Israel, not the whole world. more

Survival from Crucifixion

Ahmadi Muslims claim that Jesus (as) survived the crucifixion because he was taken down from the cross in a state of unconsciousness — not death.
  • Sign of Jonah: Jesus foretold he would survive just like Jonah did. more
  • Blood and Water: Gushed from the spear wound, a sign of a beating heart. more
  • Prayer at Gethsemane: He prayed to be rescued from death on the cross. more
  • Short Duration: Death on the cross is meant to take days, not hours. more
  • Pilate’s Plot: Having sympathy for Jesus, he planned to save him. more
  • Healing Herbs: Used for healing the living — not embalming the dead. more
  • Unbroken Legs: This would have prevented death by respiratory distress. more
  • His Denial: Of being an apparition, baring his wounds he called for food. more

Life after Crucifixion

After his survival, Jesus (as) travelled as far as Kashmir, India and preached to the Lost Tribes of Israel. His tomb can be found there to this day.
  • Lost Tribes Found: He went towards India in search of the lost tribes. more
  • Tomb of Jesus: Recently discovered and preserved in Kashmir, India. more
  • Ancient Texts: Buddhist and Hindu texts confirm his
  • travels to the region. more
  • His Ultimate Victory: Saved from the cross, he completed his mission. more
Friend @Jedster
Thanks for your interest in the matter, please, right?

Regards
Thank you paarsurry, what about his family, wife and children?