• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what is your idea of heaven and hell?

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
It's a parable, that is possible to be in the same room with another person, and yet be miles away from them... heaven is not just about being in close physical proximity to others, but to be united in understanding - with love, honor, and respect for one another...

that's the problem that leads to hell, you cannot force anyone to open themselves up to receiving or giving love, you cannot force anyone to be happy... some things have to come from within - no borrowed oil in the lamps...
This is assuming the one in hell is the one unwilling to open up. I could easily argue Heaven is a mental state of blissful ignorance to the suffering of others.

idea

Question Everything
This is assuming the one in hell is the one unwilling to open up. I could easily argue Heaven is a mental state of blissful ignorance to the suffering of others.

Not ignorance, but with an understanding that everyone is where they have chosen to be. Not everyone wants to be the president of the US, not everyone wants to be happy all the time, different people find fulfillment through different things. I believe, that in the end, everyone will be where they choose to be, where they want to be.

a strange thing, pain can bring us a new perspective in life, a depth and increased understanding and empathy. (watch to the end, read the signs people are holding up, and think about what they have gained through their experiences)
[youtube]xyX-I-um5Kk[/youtube]
Beautiful Heartbreak - Hilary Weeks - Every Step - YouTube

Even Jesus himself chose a life of pain and struggle...

our final state will be of our own choosing, so we can be content with the knowledge that everyone is where they have chosen to be.

Last edited:

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
heaven.jpg
hell.jpg

Where those things in heaven and hell before man invented them on earth?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Ooh Thief I see you brought up the Twilight zone. I love the Twi-Zone's concept of Hell... Everything goes exactly the way you want it to and will last forever!!! Perfect? I think just the opposite, and so does Rod Sterling.