• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your Belief? A statistic for RF

Which choice do you identify yourself the most?

• I am an Atheists

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • I am an agnostic

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • I believe in a Revealed Religion (Abrahamic or non-Abrahamic)

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • I believe in a Non-revealed Religion

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • I don't know yet. Not sure what I believe.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I believe in a God, but do not believe in any Religion.

Votes: 9 12.5%

• Total voters

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
And beliefs so preposterous as appearance of a 'heavenly maiden'
In the Bible God was walking and talking to people. He spoke from heaven. His messengers, the angels, were appearing to people all the time. The angel Moroni, whoever that is, appeared to Joseph Smith. I would not be at all surprised if Baha'is don't believe most of those things. But for their guy, of course a "heavenly maiden" appeared to him. Why not God himself? Or how about Jesus?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Well CG, Until then? Carry on and let what will be, be.

So much to offer, but alas, the time is not yet ready.

I can not imagine the pain that the Messengers faced knowing that it would be hundreds of years of unnecessary suffering through tyranny and wars before humanity could embrace such a simple concept as the oneness of humanity.

Regards Tony
Other than the Baha'i message, which other message should people have "embraced"? And those that did "embrace" the Christian message and the Islamic message ended conquering people and forcing them to believe. And the reason given by the Christians and Muslims was that those people that got conquered were believing in idols and worshipping false Gods. Where's the "oneness" in that?

A lot of people today are okay with the "oneness" of humanity. It is not an exclusive Baha'i Faith concept. But Baha'is are asking people to accept that their prophet is the return of Jesus, Kalki, Maitreya etc. Baha'is believe it but can't really prove it. So, why expect others to just jump on board? Some of us have looked into the Baha'i Faith and have our doubts. Others have just heard a little bit about it and that was enough for them to reject it.

What's your best sales pitch to get people to believe Baha'u'llah is who he claims to be? I get the feeling we've already heard it. All Baha'is can do now is live it and show the world that it works and is the truth.

But... I was around Baha'is for three years. And new people in several communities. All of the people had problems and faults like everybody else. The communities all had problems. The worst being apathy. Too many members did not participate. How do you build a new world order of peace and unity when a large percentage of Baha'is don't even care enough to help build it?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What's your best sales pitch to get people to believe Baha'u'llah is who he claims to be? I get the feeling we've already heard it. All Baha'is can do now is live it and show the world that it works and is the truth.
There is nothing for sale CG.

The best we can do is share the Message Baha'u'llah gave humanity.

Living the life is the best way to do that. RF appears to be the worst way to do it.

Regards Tony

Muffled

Jesus in me
Yes, many do. But, IMO, that's like saying your mother will only continue to love and protect you if you do everything exactly like she says and do not think for yourself unless she says you can. Of course you have the free-will of choosing to keep her love and protection by living her way, or shun her and she turns her back on you.

I believe God meets us where we are and gladly takes our hand as we explore what He has provided.
I believe the former is true and yo either like it or lump it.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The distribution of answers so far has a high number of atheists, agnostics and those who identify with non-revealed religions (whatever that means) and not so many Abrahamics. Its a brave new world!
I believe this will become more and more the case as the end draws near.

InvestigateTruth

In the Bible God was walking and talking to people. He spoke from heaven. His messengers, the angels, were appearing to people all the time. The angel Moroni, whoever that is, appeared to Joseph Smith. I would not be at all surprised if Baha'is don't believe most of those things. But for their guy, of course a "heavenly maiden" appeared to him. Why not God himself? Or how about Jesus?

No Maiden of Heaven appeared to Baha'u'llah literally. He was speaking symbolically.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Or both are just different aspects of a multifaceted whole. Some complex systems have emergent properties...

The first thing that I notice is that Peter West is a philosopher and a theist, and not a scientist. Of course, that does not bar him from expressing his views. He gives the views of other philosophers who hold views similar to his own (Sellers).
He is being a prophet in saying that the ultimate reality cannot be understood. But I differ, let us search on, and who knows, not in my life time, but in the life-time of my descendants, a few decades or centuries, we will be closer to the ultimate reality than we are now.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
No Maiden of Heaven appeared to Baha'u'llah literally. He was speaking symbolically.
How do you know? You make what Bahaollah said symbolical and what he said symbolically as reality as per the situation or your whim. This is what Bahaollah said about Heavenly maiden. For you, it should be a factual description:

"While engulfed in tribulations I heard a most wondrous, a most sweet voice, calling above My head. Turning My face, I beheld a Maiden — the embodiment of the remembrance of the name of My Lord — suspended in the air before Me. So rejoiced was she in her very soul that her countenance shone with the ornament of the good-pleasure of God, and her cheeks glowed with the brightness of the All-Merciful. Betwixt Earth and Heaven she was raising a call which captivated the hearts and minds of men. She was imparting to both My inward and outer being tidings which rejoiced My soul, and the souls of God's honored servants. Pointing with her finger unto My head, she addressed all who are in Heaven and all who are on Earth saying: "By God! This is the best beloved of the worlds, and yet ye comprehend not. This is the Beauty of God amongst you, and the power of His sovereignty within you, could ye but understand." Wikipedia - Siyah Chal.

InvestigateTruth

Then what was "revealed" and how was it "revealed"? No vision? An angel didn't appear to him and tell him things? Did he hear a voice in his head that said it was God? What happened that convinced him that he was The Guy, the Promised One?

Manifestation of God, is like the Sun. He has innate knowledge. He is the Manifestation of God from the moment He comes to this world. From infancy He knows All things. He just proclaims His mission when it is the time.

InvestigateTruth

How do you know? You make what Bahaollah said symbolical and what he said symbolically as reality as per the situation or your whim. This is what Bahaollah said about Heavenly maiden. For you, it should be a factual description:

"While engulfed in tribulations I heard a most wondrous, a most sweet voice, calling above My head. Turning My face, I beheld a Maiden — the embodiment of the remembrance of the name of My Lord — suspended in the air before Me. So rejoiced was she in her very soul that her countenance shone with the ornament of the good-pleasure of God, and her cheeks glowed with the brightness of the All-Merciful. Betwixt Earth and Heaven she was raising a call which captivated the hearts and minds of men. She was imparting to both My inward and outer being tidings which rejoiced My soul, and the souls of God's honored servants. Pointing with her finger unto My head, she addressed all who are in Heaven and all who are on Earth saying: "By God! This is the best beloved of the worlds, and yet ye comprehend not. This is the Beauty of God amongst you, and the power of His sovereignty within you, could ye but understand." Wikipedia - Siyah Chal.

We know from Abdulbaha's interpretation. He explained it. For example in the "Some Answered Questions"

Enai de a lukal

No option for atheistic satanism but atheism works just fine. Glad you distinguish between atheism and agnosticism too, force those lactheist weirdos to put their cards on the table for once

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
No option for atheistic satanism but atheism works just fine. Glad you distinguish between atheism and agnosticism too, force those lactheist weirdos to put their cards on the table for once
Even their prophets/sons/messengers/manifestations/mahdis had no card to show. What can they put on the table?