• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is wrong with calling Islam religion of peace?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I suppose plenty of hospitals keep going in the old Israel, when only like 20% are any kind of Orthodox!
Not for long! The Haredim are a fast growing community and iirc Beitar Illit has the highest birthrate in the country.

SethZaddik

A one needs to do is look to Palestine.

Before the European Crusades it was a haven of tolerance for the 4 major religions of the time.

Europeans butchered Jerusalems Muslims and Jews down to the children.

1947, what, exactly, did Palestinians ever do besides taking in refugees and being friends with the Jews who ALREADY lived there and were welcome?

Nothing. And Ashkenazi Jews aren't Semites. They have no right, neither did anyone, to occupy and annex Palestine.

Provide me with a good reason for that invasion and annexation that is the source of all this madness today.

You can't. So be quiet.

Mus
A one needs to do is look to Palestine.

Before the European Crusades it was a haven of tolerance for the 4 major religions of the time.

Europeans butchered Jerusalems Muslims and Jews down to the children.

1947, what, exactly, did Palestinians ever do besides taking in refugees and being friends with the Jews who ALREADY lived there and were welcome?

Nothing. And Ashkenazi Jews aren't Semites. They have no right, neither did anyone, to occupy and annex Palestine.

Provide me with a good reason for that invasion and annexation that is the source of all this madness today.

You can't. So be quiet.

Thank God for the wisdom of the Supreme Court in blocking the Muslim ban and apparently they do believe Muslims are peaceful, and they have the power.

If some of you guys did... let's just say there is a good reason for why you don't, and a good reason for blocking the ban.

Muslims are peaceful, we already live here and the people who think Muslims want to convert the world or are terrorists, I am sorry, but anyone who thinks either of those things is a dimwit.

Kirran

Premium Member
Not for long! The Haredim are a fast growing community and iirc Beitar Illit has the highest birthrate in the country.

True, but there are numerous factors involved. They aren't growing as fast as the Bedouin, I don't think.

Also, sure, the numbers are growing, but there's also a growing trend of sectors of Haredi society integrating into broader society, as these kind of 'Modern Haredim' - getting into the tech business and this kind of thing. Also, as their population grows, pressure on their army enrollment will rise. These factors put together are big boosters for "assimilation".

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
True, but there are numerous factors involved. They aren't growing as fast as the Bedouin, I don't think.

Also, sure, the numbers are growing, but there's also a growing trend of sectors of Haredi society integrating into broader society, as these kind of 'Modern Haredim' - getting into the tech business and this kind of thing. Also, as their population grows, pressure on their army enrollment will rise. These factors put together are big boosters for "assimilation".
Indeed, this is true.

Kirran

Premium Member
Indeed, this is true.

Politically speaking, it'll be interesting to see how things develop. There are already Haredim who vote Likud and Jewish Home, I wonder if that'll be a growing trend or whether they'll stick to UTJ and Shas. In some ways, the former would be a little more dynamic.

Of course there are substantial differences on the willingness to engage with broader Israeli society between Sephardi and Ashkenazi Haredim, given their differences on Zionism.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Politically speaking, it'll be interesting to see how things develop. There are already Haredim who vote Likud and Jewish Home, I wonder if that'll be a growing trend or whether they'll stick to UTJ and Shas. In some ways, the former would be a little more dynamic.

Of course there are substantial differences on the willingness to engage with broader Israeli society between Sephardi and Ashkenazi Haredim, given their differences on Zionism.
Talking about the Haredim with some Islamic debate on the side lol.

"Oh yeah, I've seen that argument before...hang on....okay there....THE HAREDIM VOTED FOR WHO???"

Kirran

Premium Member
Talking about the Haredim with some Islamic debate on the side lol.

"Oh yeah, I've seen that argument before...hang on....okay there....THE HAREDIM VOTED FOR WHO???"

Hahaha, yeah, a little off-topic. Eh, it's all Abrahamic.

I'm afraid I didn't really get that last part :(

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Hahaha, yeah, a little off-topic. Eh, it's all Abrahamic.

I'm afraid I didn't really get that last part :(
It's an imitation. You've seen all the Islamic arguments before and can respond with one eye closed; meanwhile the 'real topic' (it's not) we're both getting all het up about! :D You know, there's this great big Islamic elephant in the room and we're worried about who the Haredim are voting for.

Last edited:

Kirran

Premium Member
It's an imitation. You've seen all the Islamic arguments before and can respond with one eye closed, meanwhile the 'real topic' (it's not) we're both getting all het up about! :D You know, there's this great big Islamic elephant in the room and we're worried about who the Haredim are voting for.

Haha, OK, yeah :p

We've done one to death. We don't discuss trends in Israeli society often though!

SethZaddik

Mus

Thank God for the wisdom of the Supreme Court in blocking the Muslim ban and apparently they do believe Muslims are peaceful, and they have the power.

If some of you guys did... let's just say there is a good reason for why you don't, and a good reason for blocking the ban.

Muslims are peaceful, we already live here and the people who think Muslims want to convert the world or are terrorists, I am sorry, but anyone who thinks either of those things is a dimwit.
There is no logic in assigning a lone attribute, be it peaceful or violent or whatever, to a whole culture.

Every culture has good and evil, and just like the rest of earth most Muslims desire nothing more than peace, because they don't have it.

They are peaceful, it is never Muslims invading and occupying nations today, they get occupied. They use dialectics to cause rebellion and destabilize Muslim nations, Arab in most cases, because they have oil or the right land to grow opium.

Who are we fooling if we believe that the invading nation is good when the reasons never were true or valid to begin with?

The real reason I became a Muslim was people and their anti Islamic rhetoric and a dissatisfaction with the covert lies of Christian theology and sorry state of the religion, it is the religion of Paul and not Jesus.

So to kill two birds, losing Paul while keeping the same basic beliefs with a few small differences and secondly as icing on the cake a big f u to all people who see a difference between racism and creedism, aka religious intolerance.

Hate is hate and you are sad if you hate or have a negative opinion of 1.5 billion people you have never met, countries you have never visited or any whole culture, unless you know every member personally and have a legit reason and that never happens so...

Last, using ancient literature that is not nearly, not even close to as violent and disturbing as the literature of Judaism and by default Christianity, to validate your hate is just as pathetic.

You watch worse things on television everyday and do not complain, so why don't you start with something relevant to your life and stop digging for ways to make Islam look bad.

The Tanakh makes the Quran look like the Lion King compared to the Tanakh which would be a horror film if ever made a real movie based off.

Passion of the Christ? People flocked to watch Jesus get beaten. Seriously that was a snuff film.