• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is wrong with calling Islam religion of peace?

Kirran

Premium Member

SethZaddik

Salm and Salam are the root words for the “Islam” which mean peace and tranquility. The importance of peace and tranquility has been pointed to in the Quran numerous times.

The Quran says: “But if the enemy shows a tendency to peace, do thou (also) show a tendency to peace…”

What is wrong with calling Islam religion of peace?

Islam is a religion of peace, and victim of slanderous propaganda attacks. When Jews lived in Muslim nations they flourished alongside Christians and Mandaeans who are all "People of the book" who will have no grief or fear on Judgement Day.

It's well known Christianity wants to convert the world to Christianity and denies the legitimacy of every other religion, believes they are God's new chosen people and everyone else is doomed to hell.

But when an Imam is asked if everyone SHOULD convert to Islam, even though he doesn't proselytize, says "Yes, I do" because he believes in his religion it is portrayed as fascist.

SethZaddik

People who waste time talking trash about something they have no active role in or knowledge of, beyond whatever quotes they find they can use to make Islam look bad, just hate first, ask questions second.

Join Islam, show me how it is not peaceful, my Mosque and everyone who goes to it is peaceful and of upright character. We have Doctors, scientists, lawyers and local businessmen and our local community supports us.

Hate is hate of self, reversed to alleviate pain and leveled at whoever has not the public sympathy.

But they hate everyone, including their own self.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
It's well known Christianity wants to convert the world to Christianity and denies the legitimacy of every other religion, believes they are God's new chosen people and everyone else is doomed to hell.
Replace 'Christianity' with 'Islam' and this statement is still true.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
People who waste time talking trash about something they have no active role in or knowledge of, beyond whatever quotes they find they can use to make Islam look bad, just hate first, ask questions second.
No, we quote from the Qur'an, books of ahadith and the Sirah literature to explain why Muslims the world over behave the way they do. If the texts say anything hateful or wrong, that's hardly our fault. If a text is an accepted part of your religion, then you should own it and accept when it it's quoted to prove something about your religion as the religion is based upon those texts.

Join Islam, show me how it is not peaceful, my Mosque and everyone who goes to it is peaceful and of upright character. We have Doctors, scientists, lawyers and local businessmen and our local community supports us.
This is just an argument from personal experience and has no direct relation to reality. And the reality is that many Mosques have to be monitered because of the hate preaching that goes on inside them. So your argument doesn't work.

Preachers of separatism at work inside Britain's mosques

Kirran

Premium Member

Let me ask you this: in your view, does Islam allow same-sex relationships, or does it villify homosexuality and same-sex attraction?

If your answer is that Islam is not LGBT+-affirming, then I think you can understand why someone who believes LGBT+ rights are human rights would immediately take exception to Islam, having taken your word as authoritative.

That's just one simple example.

SethZaddik

Replace 'Christianity' with 'Islam' and this statement is still true.
I can laugh at this statement knowing full well it is garbage.

There is no evangelical Islam, you come to Islam. No knocking on doors trying to save souls. Jews and Christians religion is acceptable according to the Quran.

No need for conversion making your statement a load of crap. You just really want it to be true but when is the last time a Muslim tried getting you to go to the Mosque?

We really don't need to evangelize, and do not. Not by force or persuasion. No religion was so tolerant to Jews than Islam for A LONG time.

Look how they return the favor.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member

There is no evangelical Islam, you come to Islam. No knocking on doors trying to save souls. Jews and Christians religion is acceptable according to the Quran.

No need for conversion making your statement a load of crap. You just really want it to be true but when is the last time a Muslim tried getting you to go to the Mosque?

We really don't need to evangelize, and do not. Not by force or persuasion. No religion was so tolerant to Jews than Islam for A LONG time.

Dawah.

And no, the people of the book are headed to hell. Your Qur'an is contradictory on this point.

Quran 3:85
And whoever desires other than Islam as religion - never will it be accepted from him, and he, in the Hereafter, will be among the losers.

5:72-73
They have certainly disbelieved who say, " Allah is the Messiah, the son of Mary" while the Messiah has said, "O Children of Israel, worship Allah , my Lord and your Lord." Indeed, he who associates others with Allah - Allah has forbidden him Paradise, and his refuge is the Fire. And there are not for the wrongdoers any helpers.
They have certainly disbelieved who say, " Allah is the third of three." And there is no god except one God. And if they do not desist from what they are saying, there will surely afflict the disbelievers among them a painful punishment.

SethZaddik

A one needs to do is look to Palestine.

Before the European Crusades it was a haven of tolerance for the 4 major religions of the time.

Europeans butchered Jerusalems Muslims and Jews down to the children.

1947, what, exactly, did Palestinians ever do besides taking in refugees and being friends with the Jews who ALREADY lived there and were welcome?

Nothing. And Ashkenazi Jews aren't Semites. They have no right, neither did anyone, to occupy and annex Palestine.

Provide me with a good reason for that invasion and annexation that is the source of all this madness today.

You can't. So be quiet.

Kirran

Premium Member

I very often see Muslim missionaries on the streets here in the UK. It's pretty common. I don't talk to them myself, but I overhear them trying to get people to visit the mosque etc. I've been handed leaflets etc trying to convince me to become a Muslim, usually by explaining that all other religions are wrong.

As for 'the Jews' - what with this being reality, there is nuance to the political situation in that part of the world.

SethZaddik

I very often see Muslim missionaries on the streets here in the UK. It's pretty common. I don't talk to them myself, but I overhear them trying to get people to visit the mosque etc. I've been handed leaflets etc trying to convince me to become a Muslim, usually by explaining that all other religions are wrong.

As for 'the Jews' - what with this being reality, there is nuance to the political situation in that part of the world.

A
A one needs to do is look to Palestine.

Before the European Crusades it was a haven of tolerance for the 4 major religions of the time.

Europeans butchered Jerusalems Muslims and Jews down to the children.

1947, what, exactly, did Palestinians ever do besides taking in refugees and being friends with the Jews who ALREADY lived there and were welcome?

Nothing. And Ashkenazi Jews aren't Semites. They have no right, neither did anyone, to occupy and annex Palestine.

Provide me with a good reason for that invasion and annexation that is the source of all this madness today.

You can't. So be quiet.

The Ashkenazi were the minority of Jewry pre War, post War, 80 percent.

Hmmm.

Ashkenaz, of Gomer, was a Yaphethite not of Shem or a Semite.

Not Israelites. Jews by conversion only. Not as if they were then they have a right to Palestine, just shows how dumb people are to buy the anti Semite mythos, they are not Semites, or Israelites and literally were allowed to invade, occupy and annex a PEACEFUL nation.

The world just let them. People are idiots.

Kirran

Premium Member

I see.

The Ashkenazi were the minority of Jewry pre War, post War, 80 percent.

Hmmm.

Ashkenaz, of Gomer, was a Yaphethite not of Shem or a Semite.

Not Israelites. Jews by conversion only. Not as if they were then they have a right to Palestine, just shows how dumb people are to buy the anti Semite mythos, they are not Semites, or Israelites and literally were allowed to invade, occupy and annex a PEACEFUL nation.

The world just let them. People are idiots.

Anti-Semitism means prejudice against Jewish people. Etymology doesn't have to make sense.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Anti-Semitism means prejudice against Jewish people. Etymology doesn't have to make sense.
And Jews are an ethno-religious group. There are black, white, red and green Jews. If a woman converted to Judaism and had a child, the child is a Jew.

Kirran

Premium Member
And Jews are an ethno-religious group. There are black, white, red and green Jews. If your mom converted to Judaism and had a child, the child is a Jew.

I wonder how it works if a pregnant person converts to Judaism like the day before the baby's born vs the day after.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I wonder how it works if a pregnant person converts to Judaism like the day before the baby's born vs the day after.
Hahaha oh those nuances.

I edited my post just to 'woman' to make it simpler. Don't know why I didn't before

J2hapydna

Even described as isn't really saying they ARE.

They reject the righteousness of the first three Caliphs and uphold the Imamah.

I think they consider this a political issue not a religious one. They don't believe it was made clear who should be caliph.

I think they feel that Ali and his descendants were appointed to the office of religious leader (Imam) just as Aaron and his descendants

However just as it was okay for Joshua to hold political office while Aaron's descendants held religious office, I think they feel it was okay for the first three caliphs to hold political office of the caliph too when Ali was the Imam

Last edited:

Kirran

Premium Member
Hahaha oh those nuances.

I edited my post just to 'woman' to make it simpler. Don't know why I didn't before

But what if it's a pregnant transman or nonbinary person? :O This may not be a problem in Orthodox Judaism, admittedly, but for the Reform Jews...

Then again they'd probably accept an adopted kid too so.

Kirran

Premium Member
I think they consider this a political issue not a religious one. They don't believe it was made clear who should be caliph.

I think they feel that Ali and his descendants were appointed to the office of religious leader just as Aaron and his descendants.

However just as it was okay for Joshua to hold political office while Aaron's descendants held religious office, I think they feel it was okay for the first three caliphs to hold the political office of caliph too.

From my understanding, not really, although they are perhaps not quite so condemning as Twelvers. Anyway, it's the doctrine of Imamah which makes it.