• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is wrong with calling Islam religion of peace?

sovietchild

Salm and Salam are the root words for the “Islam” which mean peace and tranquility. The importance of peace and tranquility has been pointed to in the Quran numerous times.

The Quran says: “But if the enemy shows a tendency to peace, do thou (also) show a tendency to peace…”

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Salm and Salam are the root words for the “Islam” which mean peace and tranquility. The importance of peace and tranquility has been pointed to in the Quran numerous times.

The Quran says: “But if the enemy shows a tendency to peace, do thou (also) show a tendency to peace…”

Nothing.

Like The Church, when people discredit Islam they are focused on politics not the message, meaning of the religion, and religion to its followers.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Why did he raid the caravans? How is Islam a religion of war?
For various political-religious reasons. The Muslims are also known to have killed the drivers too.
Myth: Muhammad Raided Caravans to Retrieve Stolen Property

Because the religion spread through war. Muhammad was an impressive warlord who also basically told the Meccans to convert or gtfo (you know, leave).

It's all in the ahadith; I can't be bothered to repeat it all here.

Daemon Sophic

Its not the religion at all. Just like with Christianity, it is a very small subset of the people who 'claim' to practice the religion who need a new brain, or to at least have their current 'brain' violently removed.

I recall clearly, back when Bush Jr. said that we were starting a new war, against religious extremists who wished to harm others and spread terror, no matter where the battlefront took us......I just wondered when we would drop cruise missles and paratroopers into Georgia and Mississippi to wipe out the "Christian" KKK rallies.

:( Still waiting......o_O

sovietchild

For various political-religious reasons. The Muslims are also known to have killed the drivers too.
Myth: Muhammad Raided Caravans to Retrieve Stolen Property

Because the religion spread through war. Muhammad was an impressive warlord who also basically told the Meccans to convert or gtfo (you know, leave).

It's all in the ahadith; I can't be bothered to repeat it all here.

Who attacked their belongings first? Was is it the Meccan pagans or Madina believers?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Its not the religion at all. Just like with Christianity, it is a very small subset of the people who 'claim' to practice the religion who need a new brain, or to at least have their current 'brain' violently removed.

I recall clearly, back when Bush Jr. said that we were starting a new war, against religious extremists who wished to harm others and spread terror, no matter where the battlefront took us......I just wondered when we would drop cruise missles and paratroopers into Georgia and Mississippi to wipe out the "Christian" KKK rallies.

:( Still waiting......o_O
This is untrue. The Islamic Scriptures record violence since Islam's conception. ISIS, Boko Haram, Al Qaeda etc. don't just pull this out of their behinds. The Christian Scriptures (NT), as much as I dislike them, make no calls to violence and Jesus rebukes Peter for cutting off a Roman soldier's slave's ear and he heals the ear. These are the soldiers taking him to Pilate to be crucified.

sovietchild

This is untrue. The Islamic Scriptures record violence since Islam's conception. ISIS, Boko Haram, Al Qaeda etc. don't just pull this out of their behinds. The Christian Scriptures (NT), as much as I dislike them, make no calls to violence and Jesus rebukes Peter for cutting off a Roman soldier's slave's ear and he heals the ear. These are the soldiers taking him to Pilate to be crucified.

ISIS is fighting with western made weapons. Who created ISIS? And who trained the rebels to attack Russia in 90's?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

It is very misleading, for one thing.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Who attacked their belongings first? Was is it the Meccan pagans or Madina believers?
Why would that matter? Are you suggesting that someone to retaliates with violence should be considered somehow "peaceful"?

By that logic, there are hardly any non- peaceful people in the whole of human history. Do you realize that?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I thought Meccan pegans raided Muslims houses and so, Muhammad decided to take back what was theirs. Am I right?
As far as I know, Muhammad had been preaching Islam in a way very hostile to the Meccans.

Al-Tabari:

Ibn Humayd- Salamah- Muhammad b. Ishaq- Yahya b. ‘Urwah b. al-Zubayr- his father ‘Urwah-‘Abdallah b. ‘Amr b. al-‘As: I said to him, "What was the worst attack you saw by Quraysh upon the Messenger of God when they openly showed their enmity to him?" He replied, "I was with them when their nobles assembled one day in the Hijr and discussed the Messenger of God. They said, ‘We have never seen the like of what we have endured from this man. He has derided our traditional values, abused our forefathers, reviled our religion, caused division among us, and insulted our gods. We have endured a great deal from him,’ or words to that effect. While they were saying this, the Messenger of God suddenly appeared and walked up and kissed the Black Stone. Then he passed by them while performing the circumambulation, and as he did so they made some slanderous remarks about him. I could see from the Messenger of God’s face that he had heard them, but he went on. When he passed the second time they made similar remarks, and I could see from his face that he had heard them, but again he went on. Then he passed them the third time, and they made similar remarks; but this time he stopped and said, ‘Hear, men of Quraysh. By Him in whose hand Muhammad’s soul rests, I have brought you slaughter.’ They were gripped by what he said, and it was as though every man of them had a bird perched on his head; even those of them who had been urging the severest measures against him previously spoke in conciliatory ways to him, using the politest expressions they could think of, and said, ‘Depart in true guidance, Abu al-Qasim; by God you were never ignorant.’

So the Meccans left him alone until they could no longer tolerate his derision of their way of life; a way of life which had not hurt Muhammad in any way. The Meccans had warned Muhammad over again that if he did not stop his derisive remarks, they would put a stop to him, so to speak. Muhammad continued reviling them and their gods; he slaughtered poets who mocked him in verse (Asma Bint Marwan, in Ibn Ishaq's Sirah Rasul Allah) and more.

And also Muhammad apparetly threatened to slaughter them a la the above hadith, so...