• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the Whole Truth About God?

Popeyesays

One is not supposed to be Baha`i/Christian or Baha`i / anything at all.

533. Bahá'ís Are Ardent Believers in Christ
"The friends should by all means be encouraged to withdraw from church membership and be made to realize that, though we as Bahá'ís are ardent believers in Christ, we do not and cannot support, church institutions and doctrines, when Christ has come again and brought new laws for the world today and it present need; to adhere to forms, mostly man-made, and now out-moded and no longer needed, is meaningless. This does not mean they should no longer associate with the church members; they should cease to be registered members of it."
(From a letter written on behalf if Shoghi Effendi to an individual believer, May 5, 1943)
(Compilations, Lights of Guidance, p. 160)

"534. Ministers Who Consider Themselves Bahá'ís Should Withdraw from Church Membership
"As he has already informed you, the Guardian feels that the time has now come to ask any ministers still affiliated with churches, but who consider themselves practising Bahá'ís, to withdraw from the church openly. This is following the example of the Hand of the Cause, former Archdeacon Townshend, who courageously defied the opinion of his fellow clergymen, his relatives and the public, and stepped forth from his high office as a Bahá'í. When the friends realize that many of the first to accept the Báb were priests and suffered martyrdom for their act, it does not seem to be asking much that they should rally openly to the Kingdom of the Father which they believe in and for whose advent they cannot very well go on encouraging people in their churches to pray."
(From a letter written on behalf of the Guardian to the National Spiritual Assembly of the United States, July 19, 1956)
(Compilations, Lights of Guidance, p. 160)

"1389. Why Bahá'ís are Requested to withdraw from Membership in the Church, Synagogue, etc.
"The point is not that there is something intrinsically wrong with Masonry, which no doubt has many very high ideals and principles, and has had a very good influence in the past.
"The reasons why the Guardian feels that it is imperative for the Bahá'ís to be dissociated from masonry at this time, and I might add, other secret associations, is that we are the building blocks of Bahá'u'lláh's New World Order... the Bahá'ís should be absolutely independent, and stand identified only with their own teachings. That is why they are requested to withdraw from membership in the church, the synagogue, or whatever other previous religious organization they may have affiliated with, to have nothing whatsoever to do with secret societies, or with political movements etc. It protects the Cause; to reinforces the Cause, and it asserts before all the world its independent character.
"Another reason is the unfortunately the tremendous political influences in the world today are seeping deeper and deeper into men's minds; and movements which in the past were absolutely uninfluenced by any political tinge of thought now in many places are becoming infiltrated with political side-taking and political issues; and it becomes all the more important for the Bahá'ís to withdraw from them in order to protect the Faith.
"The Guardian believes that you, an intelligent man, a Bahá'í, will see the need for this. It is only by all living according to general principles that we can knit the fabric of the Faith all over the world into a closer unity.
"He is fully aware that certain individuals are struck much forcibly by such requests than others. This has been the case with some of the old Bahá'ís in England, who have been Masons from their boyhood on; but, as it is his duty to protect the Faith, he can only appeal to the Bahá'ís to assist him in doing so; and to consider the general good, rather than their personal feelings, however deep they may be, in such matters."
(From a letter written on behalf of Shoghi Effendi to an individual believer, February 12, 1956)
(Compilations, Lights of Guidance, p. 422)

Baerly

I don`t represent the Bahai Faith. Maitreya is, "the One Whom God Will Make Manifest", or as in other prophecies, the, "Alif of the Greatest Name"; I accept that claim. You can find much more detail by going to www.maitreya.org and click on Bahai prophecies.

Well Drew,(Heb.1:1,2) tells us that in earlier times (the O.T. Law) God spoke in many ways to the fathers and to the prophets,BUT in these last days (N.T.Law) spoken to us by his son (Jesus Christ).

The last days began just after the crucifixion of Jesus according to (Acts 2:16,17). according to the bible,the only way GOD is going to speak to man is by or through Jesus. We are to listen to HIM (Jesus) instead of any other religious person (Mt.17:1-5).

Baerly

Baerly

Drew, I am new to all this you and this gentleman are talking about,but I do know that the bible says God will only speak to man through Jesus Christ in these last days. These last days being those days on this side of the ressurection of Jesus (Heb.1:2). I know you respect what the bible has to say from what I can tell so far. So how about we look at what (2peter 1:3) teaches us? It tells us that God had given us( all things) pertaining to life and godliness. If that is true there is no need to look for a new message. that message has already been delivered once (Jude 3). I would like to speak to you more about what the bible has to say about this.

Baerly

Popeyesays

Drew, I am new to all this you and this gentleman are talking about,but I do know that the bible says God will only speak to man through Jesus Christ in these last days. These last days being those days on this side of the ressurection of Jesus (Heb.1:2). I know you respect what the bible has to say from what I can tell so far. So how about we look at what (2peter 1:3) teaches us? It tells us that God had given us( all things) pertaining to life and godliness. If that is true there is no need to look for a new message. that message has already been delivered once (Jude 3). I would like to speak to you more about what the bible has to say about this.

Baerly

The Voice of Jesus is also the Voice of Moses, of Muhammad, of Abraham, Krshna, the Bab, Baha`u'llah all speak with the same Voice. Why? Because They are all One.

As to the "Final Days" after Jesus Muhamad's Revelation was the Final Day and the Day of Judgment, followed by the Final Day of Judgment ushered in by the Bab and another by Baha`u'llah. There will not be another Day of God until 800 or 900 years in the futre at the earliest.

Regards,
Scott

drew22

invisable
Hello Baerly. Don`t worry about the triple post, sometimes it makes it easier to read.
Yes, this makes sense. `God has given us things pertaining to life`. It is what the religions before and after Christianity also say. For example the Hindu Veda :" The Satarudriya or Rudra-Adhyaya of the Yajur-Veda identifies all things, the high and the low, the moving and the unmoving, the good and the bad, the beautiful and the ugly, nay, every conceivable thing, with the all-pervading Siva or Rudra as the Supreme God." . Seems to me that these are all the things pertaining to life. Is what you are saying, God gave the whole truth at the time of Christ so Christians have the whole truth about God?

drew22

invisable
Scott, I find that odd, you should say 800 or 900 years for God to send another messenger, look how fast the Bahai Faith spead across the globe. The Orthodox Bahai Faith has already been spread also. But what is odd is that at no time in history, that I can think of, have people been talking about a return of a messiah with such dates. It says in the Bible about 1000 years, Bahaullah says about the 1000 years.
The three letters of the word, Baha, now that is something.

drew22

invisable
from Bahai writings

"77. O SON OF JUSTICE!

In the night-season the beauty of the immortal Being hath repaired from the emerald height of fidelity unto the Sadratu'l-Muntahá, and wept with such a weeping that the concourse on high and the dwellers of the realms above wailed at His lamenting. Whereupon there was asked, Why the wailing and weeping? He made reply: As bidden I waited expectant upon the hill of faithfulness, yet inhaled not from them that dwell on earth the fragrance of fidelity. Then summoned to return I beheld, and lo! certain doves of holiness were sore tried within the claws of the dogs of the earth. Thereupon the Maid of heaven hastened forth unveiled and resplendent from Her mystic mansion, and asked of their names, and all were told but one. And when urged, the first letter thereof was uttered, whereupon the dwellers of the celestial chambers rushed forth out of their habitation of glory. And whilst the second letter was pronounced they fell down, one and all, upon the dust. At that moment a voice was heard from the inmost shrine: "Thus far and no farther." Verily we bear witness to that which they have done and are now doing."

What we have found is that this Hidden Word has predicted a third prophet of Bahai. As we know Bab called himself the name Baha and also Bahaullah took this spiritual name. Bahaullah addressed his followers as, "people of Baha". With the abjab transliteration we find Baha has three letters: bha . John
Carre wrote an interesting book about it called, Alif of the Greatest Name. In the Hidden Word 77, we can say there are three, 'letters', and metaphoricly that this represents a prophecy.

I will write more when I have time.

thanks Drew

Popeyesays

John Carre was one of Mason Remey's first followers. Mason Remey basically made a grab for power in the Baha`i Faith and when he did, 999 out of 1000 Baha`i's refused to participate with him. Remey died in senile ignominy, and his followers have squabbled over seizing his empty claim at least a half-dozen times since.

One splinter of that group wound up in Las Vegas (not Nevada) and Albuquerque, New Mexico. Is that the one you belonged to?

As to what "we" find, why are you using the editorial "we"?

Regards,
Scott

drew22

invisable
No there was no Maitreya in the Bahai Faith. The Maitreya I am speaking about first belonged to the Ananda Marga movement. Maitreya had only heard about Bahais when he was growing up in Iran, he didn`t know much about them. It was in the mid-senventies that he visited the Bahai temple in the United States and saw the symbols on the temple that he first began to see the Greatest Sign. Maitreya was doing something different than the Bahai religion. Maitreya became involved with the Ananda Marga movement. To see the kind of spiritual pratices that Ananda Marga do, I recomend searching youtube for Ananda Marga.
My point about the Bahai sects is this: they exist!
I was a member of the Haifa Bahais, the ones with all the buildings in Haifa. What set me adrift as a seeker was when someone, at a Bahai meeting mentioned something about the Orthodox Bahais, which struck me odd. How could there be a split in the Bahai Faith, a split that far that they were refered to just sort of casually, the Orthodox Bahais. I later found out via the internet that they did exist and that others existed. This new splitting up the the Bahai religion did not work for me. I was searching, that is the seeker. I am not a seeker now. I knew there was something going on, something had changed. It was not like I was told and what Scott implies, that these sects will just, 'go away', they didn`t not to this day. That is why, 'we', the ones who have found that it is true, there was more to the Bahai writings then is apparent, there is a third prophet, and the meaning is all explained at www.maitreya.org click on Bahai Prophecies fulfilled, 'we', the believers in the Mission of Maitreya, the Eternal Divine Path. Of course I didn`t find any of the prophecies myself. Of course John Carre found that one, and he is not even involved with this, but people who have believed in Maitreya over the years have felt the prophecies to be fulfilled by Maitreya. Maitreya didn`t find the prophecies and say it was him, no, he just made the Greatest Sign and it went from there.

drew22

invisable
Scott! it just occured to me you haven`t said much about the Greatest Sign. What do you think of the Greatest Sign. The Greatest Sign is what the Mission of Maitreya is all about. This is what I mean as the whole truth about God.

Popeyesays

Scott! it just occured to me you haven`t said much about the Greatest Sign. What do you think of the Greatest Sign. The Greatest Sign is what the Mission of Maitreya is all about. This is what I mean as the whole truth about God.

Drew, you don't want to ask me what I think of it. It has as high a rating with me as THOTH--One-Half Star out of ten.

Regards,
Scott

Popeyesays

http://www.bahai.org.br/virtual/artuhj1.htm

The tile of the article is "Mason Remey and Those Who Followed Him",
(

To National Spiritual Assemblies
Dear Baha'i Friends,
In recent years advertisements have occasionally appeared in newspapers in various countries, placed by the Covenant-breaker Joel Bray Marangella, seeking to revive his claim to be the "third Guardian of the Faith." This activity could provoke questions among the friends, especially those unfamiliar with the developments associated with the actions of Mason Remey, who broke
the Covenant by proclaiming himself the successor to Shoghi Effendi as Guardian. The Universal House of Justice has therefore directed us to send you a copy of a document containing background information on these developments, entitled "Mason Remey and Those Who Followed Him", which was prepared for its files some years ago. You are free to use it now or in the future, in any manner circumstances may require, to provide the friends with the facts it contains.
With loving Baha'i greetings,
For Department of the Secretariat
Enclosure cc: The Hands of the Cause of God
International Teaching Centre
Continental Counsellors )

Mason Remey breaks the covenant and a couple hundred Baha`i's around the world follow him off to oblivion (1961). Key followers of Remey are: John Carré, Donald Harvey, Joel Marangella, Reginald King, and Leland Jensen.

The House of Justice sent this telegram in 1974: "In April 1974 the Universal House of Justice advised the Baha'i world: Charles Mason Remey whose arrogant attempt usurp Guardianship after passing Shoghi Effendi led to his expulsion from ranks faithful has died in Florence Italy in hundredth year of his life buried without religious rites abandoned by erstwhile followers. History this pitiable defection by one who had received great honours from both Master and Guardian constitutes yet another example futility all attempts undermine impregnable Covenant Cause Baha'u'llah"

In the meantime, the New Mexico group formed in 1964 and involved itself in two fruitless lawsuits against the National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahais of the United States over possession of the House of Worship and the right to use the term National Spiritual Assembly. The Federal court threw out both torts. With that Remey created another name and appointed Joel Marangella to be president of that council. This indicated that Remey would appoint Marangella to be his successor. Remey was becoming a trifle paranoid and disowned Marangella to appoint Donald Harvey his successor in 1967.

Remey died in 1974, Donald Harvey had taken no interest whatever in his appointment before or after Remey's death. He simply ignored it. Harvey died in 1991 without ever appointing anyone to succeed him.

In 1969 Marangella produced an alleged letter from Remey appointing him as the 3rd Guardian.

John Carre on the other hand started pushing an Indonesian of Persian extraction, one Jamshid Ma'ani as a replacement forthe Guardianship. Ma'ani declared himself to be the source of the Messengers at every instant and wound up in a mental hospital in Tihran. Carre became John Cristofil and put forth two other movements that preached a third manifestation of God around the end of the century. (Maybe this is where Maitreya gest his notions.)

Now we have the so called 5th Guardian Jacques Songhomian who has a half-dozen followers on the internet.

None of these fragmentary groups has gained in membership over the years. Each new "Guardian" breaks that tiny group into further shards.

In the meantime, since the passing of Shoghi Effendi the Baha`i Faith has grown from about 2 million believers around the world in 1961 to almost 7 million today.

Regards,
Scott

Baerly

Hello Baerly.Is what you are saying, God gave the whole truth at the time of Christ so Christians have the whole truth about God?

Drew, It is not me that is saying it,it is the word of God. (Jude 3) teaches the gospel was once delivered. And (2Peter 1:3) teaches us that during the first century they (Christians) had all things pertaining to life and godliness. If someone gives me all of something,there is no need to wait on more at a later date.Notice also (John 14:26 ; 16:13). Take note of the words all things or all truth.

So yes, is the answere to your question.

The Holy Spirit brought to the apostles memories all things whatsoever he (Jesus) said to them according to (John 14:26 ; 16:13). It is the words of Jesus that can and will sanctify and cleanse us of our sins (John 17:17) (Isa.8:20).

If you want go to my page on this site and check out a few things.Just click on my name on my post and it will give you some options.

Baerly

Baerly

The Voice of Jesus is also the Voice of Moses, of Muhammad, of Abraham, Krshna, the Bab, Baha`u'llah all speak with the same Voice. Why? Because They are all One.

As to the "Final Days" after Jesus Muhamad's Revelation was the Final Day and the Day of Judgment, followed by the Final Day of Judgment ushered in by the Bab and another by Baha`u'llah. There will not be another Day of God until 800 or 900 years in the futre at the earliest.

Regards,
Scott

My friend, I would agree with you on one condition,that they all preached the same message. This is a problem for those who contend all these different people you noted above are of God. God would not preach or teach contrary messages.Anyone who did such a thing in the name of God was to be killed in the O.T.Law.

In the N.T Law we apply (1John 4:1-6) to see who is teaching the true word of God. The New Testament tells us we are to speak the same thing (1Cor.1:8-10). It also teaches us we must walk by the same rule (KJV.).

It (N.T.Law) teaches us to mark those who are not walking according this N.T. Law (Rom. 16:17,18) (2Thess.3:6.14,15) (Phil.3:16,17). So this does not leave room for any other message which is contrary to the bible (2Tim.1:3). Teach no other doctrine (1Tim.1:3) (Gal. 1:6-9).

Baerly

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
The 'Whole Truth About God' is something the Baha`i Faith says can NEVER be known. God, in His Essence, is unknowable by any created thing. Created things are not God and never can be.

The 0nly Absolute Truth is God Himself. Therefore no religious text contains absolute truth.

Regards,
Scott

Great is the mystery of godliness.

Great post.