• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the universe? Which one seems more likely to you?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
1st.. love your religion :) Human is probably the best religion there is ;)

I Wasn't suggesting that the universe is not following a set of rules.. I'm just saying that Laws are an interpretation...

There are different set of "Laws" based on the environment your are examining...For example Quantum, they have a different set of laws...
Or no laws to be exact..
Is Q.P. Super natural? nope.. its just working in a different way. we are yet to set the laws that can describe the way it works (Only some of them :) )

Chaos is not nonsense... I'm not talking about the Biblical Chaos..

I think the universe is a combination of Order and Chaos...
You can predict some things.. yet some are unpredictable...
More than that.. a small change can alter all the laws we know...

Science means measurements, assumptions, experiments.. true...
The out come is a "Law"... but this Law is dynamic and adapts based on what we discover....

Its just like the claim that the universe is fine tuned... No it is not...
It is just the way that happened to lead it to its current state...

as far as we are concerned our universe might be the billionth attempt or version or whatever you want to term it.
and what if there are many more universes?

Are there laws of life? as science today assumes, life requires specific ingredients.. yet there just might be life that work in a whole different way...

What makes the universe stable? what makes the earth speed approx constant, the gravity approx constant ...etc
Do you think chaos cause stability? if yes then explain how?

Segev Moran

What makes the universe stable?
That's a great question...
Scientists assume that everything is governed by gravity...
yet they found a "force" that is not in nature of that law... lacking any valid information about this "force" it is called dark matter...
Apparently the universe keeps expanding.. not only that, it is speeding exponentially...

The universe at its beginning was nothing but chaos...
The "laws" of the universe were formed later.. a game of forces took place and gravity formed and the chaotic elements slowly clumped together forming stars, planets, moons and such...

it could just as much, "evolve" to a whole different universe...with different "laws".. thats a question we will probably won't have answer to anytime soon.

what makes the earth speed approx constant, the gravity approx constant ...etc
Earth's speed is not constant...
it varies based on the position we are in relation to the sun...
not only that... if your a bit more curious, try searching what is the length of an actual year.. you'll learn that there is a deviation that must be fixed periodicly so our time will match the rotation of earth around the sun... very interesting.

Btw, the only true constant that so far can not be "beaten" is the light speed.. and even that is a dynamic value in reality (in a sort)
Do you think chaos cause stability? if yes then explain how?
Nope.. i think chaos is what we had before stability...
and stability is a very "pink" way of seeing the universe...

the universe is far from stable.. there endless number of things that can end our existence in a matter of fractions...
we have whole galaxies colliding and exploding crashing billions of stars while doing so...(our own galaxy is destinedto collide with another galaxy.. its just a matter of a few billions of years).

so in reality you have both order and chaos (that becomes less chaotic as we learn how things work)...

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Nothing can work in a specific way without being well controlled.

Some would say that things like free market and capitalism would stop working in their specific way the moment you control them.

Ciao

- viole

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Some would say that things like free market and capitalism would stop working in their specific way the moment you control them.

Ciao

- viole

The free market is controlled by the law, there is a deal, there's agreement, there's a contract..etc
Free doesn't mean chaos.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
That's a great question...
Scientists assume that everything is governed by gravity...
yet they found a "force" that is not in nature of that law... lacking any valid information about this "force" it is called dark matter...
Apparently the universe keeps expanding.. not only that, it is speeding exponentially...

The universe at its beginning was nothing but chaos...
The "laws" of the universe were formed later.. a game of forces took place and gravity formed and the chaotic elements slowly clumped together forming stars, planets, moons and such...

it could just as much, "evolve" to a whole different universe...with different "laws".. thats a question we will probably won't have answer to anytime soon.

Earth's speed is not constant...
it varies based on the position we are in relation to the sun...
not only that... if your a bit more curious, try searching what is the length of an actual year.. you'll learn that there is a deviation that must be fixed periodicly so our time will match the rotation of earth around the sun... very interesting.

Btw, the only true constant that so far can not be "beaten" is the light speed.. and even that is a dynamic value in reality (in a sort)

Nope.. i think chaos is what we had before stability...
and stability is a very "pink" way of seeing the universe...

the universe is far from stable.. there endless number of things that can end our existence in a matter of fractions...
we have whole galaxies colliding and exploding crashing billions of stars while doing so...(our own galaxy is destinedto collide with another galaxy.. its just a matter of a few billions of years).

so in reality you have both order and chaos (that becomes less chaotic as we learn how things work)...

Sorry, not convincing to me, but anyway that's how you see it which is different than mine.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
If they work stupidly then they'll fail, no business without laws and terms, I wonder if you have ever
heard about business law?

Yes, and still, some libertarians would not agree with you. Or to any law controlling business.

Even though I am not a laissez-faire capitalist, I don't think it would lead to chaos. Injustice maybe, but it is not the same thing.

Ciao

- ciole

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Yes, and still, some libertarians would not agree with you. Or to any law controlling business.

Even though I am not a laissez-faire capitalist, I don't think it would lead to chaos. Injustice maybe, but it is not the same thing.

Ciao

- ciole
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
No it doesn't, it has it's own rules and laws, try again

It does not what? I asked you whether you have evidence that a pure free market would lead to chaos. So, I am not sure what "it does not" means in this context.

Ciao

- viole

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
It does not what? I asked you whether you have evidence that a pure free market would lead to chaos. So, I am not sure what "it does not" means in this context.

Ciao

- viole

The free market has it's own rules and laws, so it isn't chaos and it won't lead to chaos.

Segev Moran

Sorry, not convincing to me, but anyway that's how you see it which is different than mine.
So you think all the crazy things going through the universe are part of a "big plan" of sort?
I Assume so if you claim that exploding galaxies are part of an ordered system

Segev Moran

If they work stupidly then they'll fail, no business without laws and terms, I wonder if you have ever
heard about business law?
those are man made laws...
the "law" is not a real thing.. its a way of saying this is how it works...
I Think your mixing up "laws" in a culture to the "laws" of the universe...

The universe doesn't really follow laws.. we can claim a law as much as we like... yet the behavior of the universe will stay the same..
on the other hand, if you change a social law, the society will need to change its behavior to fit the law...
So i think that's your mix-up..
The universe doesn't work based on our laws.. we invented those laws based on how the universe works...

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
So you think all the crazy things going through the universe are part of a "big plan" of sort?
I Assume so if you claim that exploding galaxies are part of an ordered system

Without a plan, everything have to be going crazy including our earth, why to be exempted?