• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the Soul?

cataway

Yep the body is 100% dead and decomposes back until the Earth

BUT - the spirit

I wonder why Jesus said that the girl wasn't dead but it's sleeping and she was indeed what humans called Dead.
Luke 8:52 - Bible Gateway

I wonder why King Solomon said the body returns to the dust of the earth and the spirit returns to God who gave it.
Ecclesiastes 12:7 - Remember Your Creator

Is eternal
What Happens After Death? Where You Body and Soul Go
the spirit of man can be liken to a flame on a candle .when the flame is snuffed out ,where does the fame go ? no where is just gone. the spirit of the body is can be defined as the breath, no more breathing = no more life in the body

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Yep the body is 100% dead and decomposes back until the Earth
BUT - the spirit...........................

I'd like to add that at Ecclesiastes 12:7 a person's spirit is a neuter "it" and Not a person.
So, just as a foreclosed house (it) does not move or go anywhere but it is returned to the owner.
Meaning any future life for the house now lies in the owner's hands.
Thus, any future life (aka resurrection) for a person now rests in God's safe hands. - Acts of the Apostles 24:15

PearlSeeker

I find the teaching about a non-physical soul is a common teaching world wide.
Except that is Not what the Bible really teaches.
Adam was a physical soul and at death all of Adam became a dead soul - Genesis 2:7; Genesis 3:19
In other words, Adam went from non-life, to life, and then 'returned' back to non-life.
A person can Not 'return' to a place he never was before.
Because we are innocent of what wrong Adam did is why the Resurrection Hope is offered to us - Acts of the Apostles 24:15
Jesus offered a heavenly resurrection for some people like the people found at Luke 22:28-30; Daniel 7:18.
Most people can have a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection (John 6:40,44) and be part of the humble meek people who will inherit, Not Heaven, but inherit the Earth as Jesus promised at Matthew 5:5 from Psalms 37:9-11
Inherit a beautified coming paradisical Earth as described in Isaiah 35th chapter.
Yes, it's contrary to some parts of the Bible. But not to all parts.

For example: Luke 16:22-23

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Yes, it's contrary to some parts of the Bible. But not to all parts. For example: Luke 16:22-23

Thank you for your reply.
I find the start of Jesus' parable illustration starts at Luke 16:14. The setting is the money-loving Pharisees.
Since the ' rich men ' (Luke 16:1 and Luke 16:14) are Not actual people, but part of a story or illustration.
Then, verses 22-23 are part of one illustrative story. - Matthew 13:34; Mark 4:33-34
Abraham and the rest named in Hebrews chapter 11 are still asleep in the grave - Hebrews 11:13; Hebrews 11:39
Jesus and the OT both teach 'sleep' in death - John 11:11-14; Psalms 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5
Just as there was No post-mortem penalty for Adam, and No double jeopardy for Adam there is none for anyone else.