• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the purpose of Life?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Do not assume something is true unless you ask. Assumptions are not facts.

I have replied (again) to your posts and this would have been a two post discussion if it was just answered with a yes/no or short answer.

I'm very simple. Spirituality, to me, is just a fancy term for your feelings, connection, and life changing experiences within the religion(s) or lifestyle you follow. Prayer is a form of that. Rituals. Is another.

Sheesh. I just wanted to ask a simple question. I can't even do that. :(
simple question....

you believe in God?......without the dogma

Thief

Rogue Theologian
substance first

science is wrong

dead stuff can 'self' create
dead stuff can 'self' motivate
dead stuff can begat the living

nPeace

Veteran Member
Do not assume something is true unless you ask. Assumptions are not facts.
Suggest and assume are two different things.
Is the problem not understanding? I suggest it is.

I have replied (again) to your posts and this would have been a two post discussion if it was just answered with a yes/no or short answer.
You should probably have said you wanted a yes or no answer.
However, I did not want to assume that. Nor did I want to assume what you are asking.
Do you need structure to teach you spirituality? could mean anything that you want it to mean.
I don't know what you mean by spirituality, and there your next comment makes it clear, I could not answer yes or no, because spirituality to you is whatever you think it is.
Thus my answer stands. I answered with insight.

I'm very simple. Spirituality, to me, is just a fancy term for your feelings, connection, and life changing experiences within the religion(s) or lifestyle you follow. Prayer is a form of that. Rituals. Is another.
Yes. You are simple in your box, you fit everything into - including what you think others should accept.
That's not simple. It's your simple.

Sheesh. I just wanted to ask a simple question. I can't even do that. :(
Don beat yourself up, but I suggest you get out your little box. I'm trying to help.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Suggest and assume are two different things.
Is the problem not understanding? I suggest it is.

You should probably have said you wanted a yes or no answer.
However, I did not want to assume that. Nor did I want to assume what you are asking.
Do you need structure to teach you spirituality? could mean anything that you want it to mean.
I don't know what you mean by spirituality, and there your next comment makes it clear, I could not answer yes or no, because spirituality to you is whatever you think it is.
Thus my answer stands. I answered with insight.

Yes. You are simple in your box, you fit everything into - including what you think others should accept.
That's not simple. It's your simple.

Don beat yourself up, but I suggest you get out your little box. I'm trying to help.

It's a yes and no question format. Anything in addition to that helps with context but not required.

But I did answer your questions. I was just curious and still curious if you can tell me directly (without belittling my intelligence) if you need instructions to tell you how to live and experience a god-fulfilled life.

It's a yes/no/possible and/or comment-for-context question.

This could have been finished long time ago if you'd do less about belittling what you think I don't understand and just keep it short when I clarified myself the first time.

Why do you do this with every question I ask you, by the way?
It doesn't need to be an argument-just a one or two post answer and/or productive comment.

nPeace

Veteran Member
It's a yes and no question format. Anything in addition to that helps with context but not required.

But I did answer your questions. I was just curious and still curious if you can tell me directly (without belittling my intelligence) if you need instructions to tell you how to live and experience a god-fulfilled life.

It's a yes/no/possible and/or comment-for-context question.

This could have been finished long time ago if you'd do less about belittling what you think I don't understand and just keep it short when I clarified myself the first time.

Why do you do this with every question I ask you, by the way?
It doesn't need to be an argument-just a one or two post answer and/or productive comment.
I'm sorry. ...but I am trying to help you. I'm not trying to belittle you.
I want you to take to heart what I am saying, so that you can learn to improve your conversations.
Right now they are one-sided and you don't seem to realize.
I could say to you, Artist, I'm done because you are not hearing me, but I do try, because I think you try, but it really calls for a great deal of patience, and I do sigh, but I refrain from putting it in print.
Think of talking to someone who only hears themselves when you talk, and you are repeating yourself.
How would you feel.

If I want to understand you, I can't do so, if my head is in my box, looking for things I believe, and trying to fit what you say into them.
I need to drop those, and examine what you are asking me to look at.
Then I am able to understand why you present them... even if I don't want them.

I don't know how better to explain. Maybe something will come to me later, that makes it a lot more simpler.

Your question is this...
I was just curious and still curious if you can tell me directly (without belittling my intelligence) if you need instructions to tell you how to live and experience a god-fulfilled life.

What is a god-fulfilled life?
To you it is feelings, is it not or a personal wanting based on emotions?
So how can my answer make a difference to you, when no matter how many times one explains that God is not just a feeling, you have it in your head, that's what it is.
Hence why you don't understand why instructions are needed, because God is not a teacher - a real person with interest in children... in your mind.

Am I assuming?
I tried explaining this to you before... You may not recall.
I tried to explain by comparing spiritual needs and food, with physical needs and food. How did that go... Do you recall?

To me God is a real person, just as our parents are to us.
To me, living my life to please me - i.e. living however I want and please is out of the question.
In fact, I made a dedication to God, and got baptized. If you don't know what that means, or involve, I can explain... but we have been here before, and after a long conversation, you were still telling me you don't understand it.
Of course you would not.
How can you understand something you don't believe because it doesn't fit what you believe?
You can only understand it when you see where the person is coming from. You don't need to agree.
I understand you, but I don't agree with you... at least not all the time. ;)

Do I want to live this way? Most definitely. Why? I could give you a list, but you may object, so you will have to do what we have - Psalms 34:8 ...for yourself.

Please don't think I am angry with you, or putting you down. I'm trying to explain the situation, as it is... to me. :)

rational experiences

Veteran Member
No purpose.

Reasoning. I live. I love. I care.

I am taught it is spiritual human advice to act accordingly.

I don't like harm.
I don't like destruction.
I don't like hatred anger or cruelty yet I see it.

Hence if a spirit being a creator made a mistake then I see we are living that mistake. As spirituality is taught as non conditional yet I am surrounded by variations of conditions.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
No purpose.

Reasoning. I live. I love. I care.

I am taught it is spiritual human advice to act accordingly.

I don't like harm.
I don't like destruction.
I don't like hatred anger or cruelty yet I see it.

Hence if a spirit being a creator made a mistake then I see we are living that mistake. As spirituality is taught as non conditional yet I am surrounded by variations of conditions.
it is natural that we are less than God

if we were equal.....we would be mirror images
rather than unique

and God would have a planet full of mini-Me

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I'm sorry. ...but I am trying to help you. I'm not trying to belittle you.
I want you to take to heart what I am saying, so that you can learn to improve your conversations.
Right now they are one-sided and you don't seem to realize.
I could say to you, Artist, I'm done because you are not hearing me, but I do try, because I think you try, but it really calls for a great deal of patience, and I do sigh, but I refrain from putting it in print.
Think of talking to someone who only hears themselves when you talk, and you are repeating yourself.
How would you feel.

I wasn't really intending this to be a conversation. I just entered it as a yes/no/comment. Your posts didn't relate. I showed you how they didn't relate. I don't like assumptions (and I try not to). It's not you it's a personal thing.

If I want to understand you, I can't do so, if my head is in my box, looking for things I believe, and trying to fit what you say into them.
I need to drop those, and examine what you are asking me to look at.
Then I am able to understand why you present them... even if I don't want them.

I try to be direct, but I know when I get posts, I can understand them (and hopefully get the point) when they are direct. The comments and so forth does help, but most of the time if I didn't start a conversation with a person (just interrupted like I did with you), I don't expect much. Mainly because I was not part of the original conversation.

Your question is this...
I was just curious and still curious if you can tell me directly (without belittling my intelligence) if you need instructions to tell you how to live and experience a god-fulfilled life.

What is a god-fulfilled life?

To you it is feelings, is it not or a personal wanting based on emotions?

So how can my answer make a difference to you, when no matter how many times one explains that God is not just a feeling, you have it in your head, that's what it is.

Hence why you don't understand why instructions are needed, because God is not a teacher - a real person with interest in children... in your mind.

1. I can't think of other ways to put it. Whatever experience you have when you are connected and live for god. Please look at the context. Spirituality, religion, experience, and so forth are words I'm using to describe the same concept or experience when you have some sort of connection with your god.

2. It's feelings, in part. For example, if you had a god experience, I'm sure there is some sort of positive feelings that come from it. They are interconnected with the experience itself (from my perspective). If not, to me, it sounds like a very dead or dull relationship with god-to put it honestly.

3. I got your point and summarized your post for you. In some things children do need first time instruction. My points where

a. Does that child need to define himself by the first-instructions her parent teachers her? (Meaning does one define themselves by their dogma or scripture or is spiritual growth natural).

b. Does a mother need to go on all four knees to teach her child how to crawl (meaning spirituality/so have you can't be taught).

Am I assuming?
I tried explaining this to you before... You may not recall.
I tried to explain by comparing spiritual needs and food, with physical needs and food. How did that go... Do you recall?

4. Yes. I replied (and above again). I summarized your other post and answered your questions.

I put them in numbers so you can read them. I was told by another member numbering helps him understand what I'm saying. Nothing personal.

To me God is a real person, just as our parents are to us.
To me, living my life to please me - i.e. living however I want and please is out of the question.
In fact, I made a dedication to God, and got baptized. If you don't know what that means, or involve, I can explain... but we have been here before, and after a long conversation, you were still telling me you don't understand it.
Of course you would not.
How can you understand something you don't believe because it doesn't fit what you believe?
You can only understand it when you see where the person is coming from. You don't need to agree.
I understand you, but I don't agree with you... at least not all the time. ;)

This is what I mean by god-fufilled experience.

My question was, do you need instruction to experience all of this....
Are you defined by the instructions?

Again. I understand what you're saying. What I noticed, though, is you're assuming I don't understand you because we don't share the same worldview.

I don't know "your" experience. I'm sure it's very personal. I don't believe it from a christian perspective.

That shouldn't block answering a yes/no/small comment question. Everything else, I don't mind talking about things just when the conversation shifts it doesn't support the answers just mostly tells me I don't understand...I'm missing... I'm this or that.

Totally changes the tone of the convo which could have been done long time ago.

Do I want to live this way? Most definitely. Why? I could give you a list, but you may object, so you will have to do what we have - Psalms 34:8 ...for yourself.

See. That's another assumption. I never objected/accepted any scripture. It's irrelevant to my personal life so I have no personal opinions on it.

If it supports your point, than yes. I'll read it in relation to your point. If you're already assuming I'll reject it just because it's scripture, well, that's a problem right there.

8 O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

That's why I as asking the original question about knowing this spiritual truth of yours only through instruction or can you experience these things without needing instruction now that you're no longer a "child".

Please don't think I am angry with you, or putting you down. I'm trying to explain the situation, as it is... to me. :)

Its more you've already assumed what I believe, will say, and accept and reject.

When you have a preconception of what I will already say (above), it stunts the conversation. I have no issues with the bible. As long as it's not a wall of text, you have a clear point, and we're focused on the subject not what either or us don't understand and why.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
when introducing Himself to Moses......
God tried to describe His existence as creation was taking form

without form

you gotta sit still and think about it

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
bang your head on the wall.....

the confusion will disappear
Interesting that you think the confusion you cause is cured by banging ones head against a wall.
Been at it for years with the same song and dance....
How many times has it actually worked?