• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the purpose of life? Why were we put on earth?

katiafish

consciousness incarnate
Love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love

:rainbow1:

dragynfly0515

Satan Worshipper
You already made an assumption....
Who says there is a purpose?

Who says we were put on earth?

I agree. I believe that my purpose in life is for me to choose. I have come to the conclusion that there is no Meaning (big M) in life dictated by a God, but I have the power to put as much meaning (little m) in life as I see fit. I find this outlook to be quite liberating.

:candle:
Crys

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend REX,

What is the purpose of life? Why were we put on earth?

Life was there before came to this form, it is there now and will remain even after this form is no more.

Why does life keep on brining out different forms and then removes them?
Is there a purpose?
Guess, there is no purpose and that is the mystery, that is illusion or maya [sanatan dharma].

Love & rgds

Aquitaine

The way I always saw it, trying to figure out the "point" to life, or even if there is any, is like a guy trapped inside a box who cannot get out, fruitlessly trying to "guess" the colour of the box on the outside.

So until he can leave the box (i.e, die) then there's no point in him trying to convince himself of what colour the box is on the outside (purpose of life), or even that there is a colour on the outside, which there might not be.

Still, I do wonder so much, about what happens after death, if there even is anything after it. There's just so many answers that (to me) need answering in life that we simply don't have the lifespan, or physical capacity to actually ponder, let alone "solve".

Crazy.....

ManTimeForgot

Temporally Challenged
The purpose of life is an inscrutable mystery tied into the nature of the existence of the cosmos. We cannot know unless we learn the extent of reality, and that is assuming reality is finite.

But put on earth? Nah. Why are we currently on earth? Because we do not yet have the capability to transplant human population into space wholesale. Or derivatively we are on earth because that is where life evolved and that includes human life.

MTF

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Look in the mirror.
You will see a bio-mechanical device.
You have five senses to convey to your mind your immediate surroundings.
When you get bored (or need to eat, sleep, drink, whatever) you have two feet to take you to needs.
You have two hands with which to manipulate, as you please.

Your body is a learning tool. Why such things?

God is spirit. Having pronounced a creation into existence, He called it good.
There was no response.

To create His own image...directly....would be like talking to the mirror.

How then to have 'another'....similar.... yet different?

Place 'life' into a physical form, with just enough of what it takes to self-preserve, and turn it loose.
When it dies...physically....it becomes a spirit.
Similar, yet different.

So yes, you are here to learn all that you can, before you die.

Anodyne

Anodyne
There is no purpose. Stop stressing about the meaning, there isn't one.

To assume there is a meaning is give away the most beautiful thing there is about living, the random dis-associative chaos of it all.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
The primary purpose of life is to form a soul.
Salvation is determined later...after death.

Mr Cheese

To wake up
And serve

waterhouse_the_lady_of_shalott02.jpg

OmarKhayyam

The primary purpose of life is to save your soul.

Bah!

A large pile of malodorous male bovine feces.:(

The purpose of life is whatever YOU decided it is. No more no less and nothing else. An entire lifetime to do with as you chose. No questions asked. No rewards promised. No punishments threatened.

And if you think about it - that IS a gift worthy of a god.:D

Viinasu

why do you have to have a purpose? life is what you make of it, and you can make your purpose anything you want it to be.... but that doesn't mean that we were put here with a specific purpose....