• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the most ideal society humanity has known to date?

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
No, I mean this Canadian Battleship.

canadian_navy.jpg

Ah. The HMCS Iroquois. Our finest ship!

Morse

To Extinguish
Ah. The HMCS Iroquois. Our finest ship!

Lol, that reminds me.

conversation of a U.S. naval ship with the Canadian
authorities off the coast of Newfoundland October
1995. Radio conversation released by the Chief of
Naval Operations10-10-95.

Canadians:
Please divert your course 15 degrees to the South
to avoid a collision.

Americans:
Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the
North.

Canadians:
Negative. You will have to divert your course 15
degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

Americans:
This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again,
divert YOUR course.

Canadians:
No. I say again, you divert YOUR course.

Americans:
THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS LINCOLN. THE
SECOND LARGEST SHIP IN THE UNITED STATES ATLANTIC
FLEET. WE ARE ACCOMPANIED BY THREE DESTROYERS, THREE
CRUISERS AND NUMEROUS SUPPORT VESSELS. I DEMAND THAT
YOU CHANGE YOUR COURSE 15 DEGREES NORTH, I SAY
AGAIN,THAT'S ONE FIVE DEGREES NORTH, OR COUNTER
MEASURES WILL BE UNDERTAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF
THIS SHIP.

Canadians:
We are a lighthouse, your call.

Morse

To Extinguish
Yeah they do, the Spaniards are autistic when it comes to expansion (why the H*** would you just leave Portugal alive?). As well, they kicked out the Jews. The Jews then proceeded to become extremely skilled physicians, craftsmen, bankers, and other professional jobs for the Turkish Empire.

Way to help out your enemy.

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
Yeah they do, the Spaniards are autistic when it comes to expansion (why the H*** would you just leave Portugal alive?). As well, they kicked out the Jews. The Jews then proceeded to become extremely skilled physicians, craftsmen, bankers, and other professional jobs for the Turkish Empire.

Way to help out your enemy.

Portugal is the greatest nation on Earth...that's why the Spaniards couldn't touch them.

Morse

To Extinguish
Portugal fails. Their colonies in South America were 15x their size, and it was an empire for like 15 seconds.

The other great empires of the world are like, "lolwut?" whenever Portugal struts into the empirical convention :)D).

Morse

To Extinguish
Modern Iceland, perhaps.

If were going solely by modern nations, I'd say Oregon. Course, it'll be another 37 months before Oregon declares itself to be an independent nation (And subsequently launches itself into space, complete with an artificial atmosphere and life support systems).

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
Portugal fails. Their colonies in South America were 15x their size, and it was an empire for like 15 seconds.

The other great empires of the world are like, "lolwut?" whenever Portugal struts into the empirical convention :)D).

lol...Not only did Portugal have the longest-standing empire, they had the 8th largest ever. 1 million people at its peak. Can any other nation do that? Hmmmm...didn't think so :)

Morse

To Extinguish
lol...Not only did Portugal have the longest-standing empire, they had the 8th largest ever. 1 million people at its peak. Can any other nation do that? Hmmmm...didn't think so :)

Umm, you mean "longest standing empire of the European Colonial Era".

And furthermore, The Empire of Oregon will have that beat (Were going to colonize Washington, Idaho, BC, Yukon, and Alaska).

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
Umm, you mean "longest standing empire of the European Colonial Era".

The only era that matters.

And furthermore, The Empire of Oregon will have that beat (Were going to colonize Washington, Idaho, BC, Yukon, and Alaska).

That's smart, building an Empire on a subduction zone lol.....

Morse

To Extinguish
The only era that matters.
Hardly. Even if it was the only one that matters, Portugal didn't deserve to be an Empire.

That's smart, building an Empire on a subduction zone lol.....

Are you retarded? I said were going to use advanced terraforming techniques to separate the Pacific Northwest Empire from the earth. But not before equipping it with advanced life support systems, space-worthy structures, FTL Drives, Thrusters, and an artificial atmosphere. After we have tectonically separated the Pacific Northwestern Empire, we will launch ourselves into space. In 2012, on December 20th.

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
Are you retarded? I said were going to use advanced terraforming techniques to separate the Pacific Northwest Empire from the earth. But not before equipping it with advanced life support systems, space-worthy structures, FTL Drives, Thrusters, and an artificial atmosphere. After we have tectonically separated the Pacific Northwestern Empire, we will launch ourselves into space. In 2012, on December 20th.

My apologies, your Grace.

Morse

To Extinguish
Here's how this will go, you may never turn your back upon the Emperor (me).

You will never draw steel in my presence (Unless you want to lose your life).

When entering my presence, you will drop to your knees and bow your head to the ground. After which you will crawl to my feet, and put my right foot upon the back of your neck.

You may never speak with me, you must communicate solely by using an extremely complex and irrational signing language I have devised.

You are subject to my wrath at any point in time, upon any whim.

TurkeyOnRye

If were going solely by modern nations, I'd say Oregon. Course, it'll be another 37 months before Oregon declares itself to be an independent nation (And subsequently launches itself into space, complete with an artificial atmosphere and life support systems).

Is that so?

Alceste

Vagabond
Unfortunately, human ideals and human behavior rarely (if ever) overlap. A few societies have had some good ideas (pre-colonial North America's potlaches, modern Bhutan's "Gross National Happiness"...), but all are subject to the dark side of human nature to some degree.