• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the Mormon response to Rev.Ch.#22 Vs. 18-22: "I warn everone who hears the words etc"

Clear

Premium Member
Hi @robocop (actually)

I assumed that you were referring to 2 Nephi 33:10 where the author speaks in vs 10 of “And if ye shall believe in Christ ye will believe in these worlds, for they are the words of Christ...", however when it refers to “the words of Christ” the later phrase references that the words “teach all men that they should do good”. This phrase creates a context regarding what men are to do. This is, I think, a description of moral and social actions and beliefs (treat others good, don’t lie, sacrifice for others, etc….)

While I believe the Mormon testimony that Jesus IS the Messiah, the Christ and savior of the world is correct, I do not believe that all mankind who agree with the LDS that Jesus is the Savior, must or even will believe in the actual, specific words in the Book of Mormon.

I hope it makes sense that I had no intent to offend or act like I thought my opinion was somehow superior. I think you are doing fine. You will notice that often, the semantics are the problem in disagreements and so our posts have to be fairly well thought out. I have trouble with this specific issue in my own posts all... the... time @robocop (actually)

Clear

Last edited: