• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the definition of a "Woman"?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
She is being interviewed right now.. This caught my attention...
I think for a "Judge on the Supreme Court" that does NOT know the difference between the two; Male Female we have a problem!
She never said she "does not know".
Only that she can't define "woman".
I know the difference.
But I can't define "woman" with any legal precision.
Tell me....
Who can?

Dogknox20

It also allows them a way to lash out against marginalized people who are seeking recognition in a nation devoted to liberty. People seeking recognition seem to be weaponized within their being against the very political party that is devoted to more tolerance, openness, and diversity. Limiting the liberties of marginalized people seems to me is a proxy war against the Democrats. It's one issue of a long list of tolerances that a progressive society is more comfortable allowing, like abortion, gay marriage, end of life solutions, healthcare, etc. And I find it ironic that Republicans are very interested in a narrow set of other types of liberty like gun access. The more Republicans push a black and white view of what is acceptable as a society the less they will be able to represent the full breadth of America.
F1fan I think you need a reality check!! A Judge should be impartial A Judge should be neutral going only by the law!
Nothing about GOP! It is a all about fairness and truth!
It is NOT a Judge if the Judge is towing a party line.. Give your head a shake!!

Dogknox20

She never said she "does not know".
Only that she can't define "woman".
I know the difference.
But I can't define "woman" with any legal precision.
Tell me....
Who can?
Revoltingest the dictionary can! That's who!
Should she be a judge if she is not impartial? if she is an advocate for a certain group or people!
Should not a supreme Court Judge use the constitution as a rule, not a party line!

F1fan

Veteran Member
F1fan I think you need a reality check!! A Judge should be impartial A Judge should be neutral going only by the law!
Have I said they shouldn't? Check reality.

The nomination process is crucial.

It is NOT a Judge if the Judge is towing a party line.. Give your head a shake!!
Look at the three trump nominees, all three picked by a far right think tank. The two last nominees had serious questions, and were obviously picked for their political stands on abortion.

No doubt the current nominee goes the other way and is very concerned with established law and precedent. She is showing herself to be fair, as noted that she ruled against Hilary Clinton in an important case.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I like dictionaries. But in this case, the context
would be a matter of law. And even a law dictionary
would likely be inadequate, given the rapid changes
we face in biology & legal accommodation.
Should she be a judge if she is not impartial? if she is an advocate for a certain group or people!
I don't think her answer shows partiality.
Should not a supreme Court Judge use the constitution as a rule, not a party line!
How does her answer show partisanship?

F1fan

Veteran Member
I notice you avoided my question on post #40. Where did you hear the statement in your OP? What was the source?

Erebus

I don't blame her. It's a definition that's currently evolving.
But neither do I buy her answer....
“Not in this context. I’m not a biologist,”

Her answer doesn't address the complexities of context....
Biological?
Under case law?
Under legislated law?
Under the Constitution?
Under sports governing bodies' laws?

And the complexities of definition....
Chromosomes?
Hormone levels?
Brain orientation?
Transition status?

Of course, she's being questioned by politicians, who are
notorious for ignorance, prejudice, stupidity, & mischief.
Simplistic answers might suit them best.

Were I up there answering such an emotionally charged
question, I'd first bring up the various complexities. Then
state that changing contexts & standards would require
research to answer each one individually & thoughtfully.
Finally, for those reasons, I'd demur. And add that legal
opinions should not be tossed about hurriedly. One can
speak about cases one has handled, but not so easily
about hypotheticals.

That was a well reasoned, well articulated response to a divisive topic.

You are therefore banned from engaging in political debates from now on.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
She should of bluntly stated whatever the Dr put on the birth certificate you dumass.

*grin*

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That was a well reasoned, well articulated response to a divisive topic.

You are therefore banned from engaging in political debates from now on.
Better?
tenor.gif

Daemon Sophic

You’re right, it’s easy.
Man

mens-health_aydianx400d.jpg

Woman
33610579.cms

After all, it would be …erm….awkward :oops: for the top muscle-bound college guy to walk into a girls’ bathroom, or the young lady in the second picture to change in the men’s locker room.
Muscle-guy always knew he was a man, and the pretty young lady always knew she was a girl/woman. He has the correct functional stuff hanging down below the belt line, and her’s don’t hang down.
Sheez! People should just get a CLUE! :mad:

:rolleyes:

PS - The ‘Dude’ has XY chromosomes, and the girl you’d like to meet in the second picture is XX.
That is to say they have just what God gave them. Which includes a good surgeon, and a good endocrinologist. Thanks be to God!
;)

Orbit

I'm a planet
The new supreme court nomination of Biden Ketanji Brown Jackson can not answer this question.

I am reminded of a focus group moderator that I knew. When a client asked about a focus group member who did not look visibly Hispanic (mestizo) asking "How do you know she's a Mexican?". The moderator replied "Because she told me she was a Mexican."