• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the biggest thing makes me convert to Islam?

Eihab

Journalist
Hi,
I'm agnostic, and I don't believe in any religion, but suddenly I asked myself: what if I were in the wrong side, why don't you recognize the other religions? But it is very hard to read about all religions, so I told myself that I'm a member in this forum and I do really respect it and respect the minds of their members, so I decided to ask this question in many religion sub-forums, and who knows maybe it will be a big change in my life.
Needless to say that many religions claim they are the right and we should worship in certain way.
So, if you want me to convert to your religion, what are the things that make me convinced to be a Muslim?
Thanks.

Bismillah

Submit
Read the Qur'an in English. Then have an Arabic recitation play after that and try to speak along with it. The nature of the book puts me in a trance like state every time I read it.

Go the mosque during Friday and attend the lecture as well.

Honestly one of the closest experiences you can share with fellow man is breaking fast in the house of God. During next years Ramadan fast for a day and break your fast in the mosque. There is nothing more touching than sitting shoulder to shoulder with people who have abstained from food and drink and are ready to eat, but would rather pray and offer thanks to God for the food they are about to eat and the life they are blessed to live.

Attend Eid prayers at the local civic center and get to know how many Muslims there are, from various backgrounds and nationalities, and what brings all of them together on that day

For a book that is both exciting as a piece of literature as well as does well to illuminate Islam I would recommend "Mother of the Believers: A Novel of the Birth of Islam". A well written book in English, you won't feel like you're drudging through a historical text.

I hope you find peace :)

Last edited:

Wessexman

Islam, and perhaps Orthodox Christianity, are probably the most accessible tradition for Westerners today which have a truly widespread contemplative and spiritual attitude. If you are looking for a vital, truly spiritual path then Islam is an good choice for a Westerner.

Last edited:

sunshine7000

Hi
i would like to try to reply to this question hopping my English will be clear.
Usually believers in diffrent religions have to believe in every thing in a religion in a blind way because it is holly matters and we should take it as it is and without thinking. it is the emotion and loyality to the heritated religion which is playing the most important role to accept and to believe in a religion of parents and of grandparents.
i would describe islam as it is the religion which respects that a human has a brain so it asks people to think and to think and not just to take things as a copy to be immitated. one must feel and touch the logic behind basic principes in his/her religion.
in a lot verses God asks human to think, which means people must use their thinking and intelligence to arrive to the wisdom behind the creation. And God many times addressed thinkful people in his verses.
So it is God who asks people to think about him and to contemplate what he created arround us. as after contemplating a wonderful artistic work one should finish by turning the face toward the creator of that work. which is of course logical because it is him who created the brain and he knows very well that the brain has a strong power of thinking and is capable of having many kinds of knowledge and sciences that will lead human to know him and to be sure of his existance even if we are not able to see him by eyes. Should we see God to know he is there? i am astonish when agnostic people say we do not see God then he does not exist! i believe that it is absurd to decide the existance of things only based on the power of vision which is less strong than the power of thinking. Human being discovered how is the shape of the earth before being able to go out to the space to see the earth by eyes. one can be an intelligent scientist while he is blind. blindness will never be an obstacle to describe things and their functionality. this is because what we need for knoweldge is understanding and thinking not uniquly seeing. So not to see God by eyes is not a hinder to believe in his existance as we still have the brain to know him. i believe by using logic and reason one can arrive to understand a simple fact : a creation is created by a creator.
my point is that it is rejected by a lot of Theologians to take our religion as a ridgid heritage from parents without thinking but one must use his own brain to think in order to arrive to the knowledge of God which will lead to a strong and a clear believe.

Renji

I'm not a muslim, but in my case, I've seen on them a strong faith in God. The faith that is seems to be comparable to the faith of Abraham.:yes:

Sufi

Hi,
I'm agnostic, and I don't believe in any religion, but suddenly I asked myself: what if I were in the wrong side, why don't you recognize the other religions? But it is very hard to read about all religions, so I told myself that I'm a member in this forum and I do really respect it and respect the minds of their members, so I decided to ask this question in many religion sub-forums, and who knows maybe it will be a big change in my life.
Needless to say that many religions claim they are the right and we should worship in certain way.
So, if you want me to convert to your religion, what are the things that make me convinced to be a Muslim?
Thanks.

Hey Eihab how are you doing? your name sounds arab are you Egyptian (just curious)

The biggest thing! that's a good question i think there are a lot of things in Islam that will fascinate you for example the noble characteristics of the Prophet Muhammad (saws) his life and intense struggle for Monotheism and ofcourse the miracles of the Holy Quran wich is the biggest miracle of Islam if you are interested i suggest you study the Quran in Arabic (if possible) otherwise get a good translation with commentary (Muhammad Asad or Yusuf Ali are generally modern and excellent but Maududi and Sayyid Qutb are quite modern as well) then there are classical commentaries ofcourse like Tafsir Jalalayn (has been translated into English recently) If you are Egyptian i suggest you take a look at the Quranic lessons by Azhari scholars like Shaykh Abdul Hamid Kishk and Imam Sharawi (Mufti Ali Gomaa has interesting dars as well) What fascinates me the most in Islam is that it's totally centered on Monotheism and developing a strong connection with the Creator i find the brotherhood (and sisterhood) of Islam to be the strongest of all religions. Also Islam is if you ask me the only truly living and dynamic religion especially in our age it's still practiced around the globe and there is still a big passion for Islam even in secular societies like the West.

Last edited:

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
Salamu alykom Eihab.

Let me address your question directly:
if you want me to convert to your religion, what are the things that make me convinced to be a Muslim?
Let me ask you; what are the things that will repel you from being a Muslim?

Starsoul

Truth
Greetings Eihab :)

First of all, i would only ask for you to be clear in your heart about seeking the truth and nothing but the truth. That way you will (somewhat) shield yourself against the nagging temptations of the other side ( i say the other side as you may not believe in satan just as yet)

Secondly, you have to ask for true guidance with the purest of your intentions, and the more you will read the religions, the more odds that only the real truth will strike to you as the Truth, nothing else.

Lastly, If Islam strikes you as the true faith, you wont need any convincing from anyone, its pretty convincing in itself when one goes through its teachings. True that minor questions and confusions may arise due to lack of knowledge from time to time, but scholars and muslims are there to help you understand better.

On a personal note, I have mostly seen truthful and honest people being attracted to Islam more readily than the rest of them. It is a system of beliefs where truth empowers you, so as long as you will be looking for the truth, I'm confident you will come to it eventually InshAllah. Wish you all the best.

Eihab

Journalist
Hi Starsoul
you have to ask for true guidance with the purest of your intentions
and that is what I'm trying to do.

On a personal note, I have mostly seen truthful and honest people being attracted to Islam more readily than the rest of them. It is a system of beliefs where truth empowers you, so as long as you will be looking for the truth, I'm confident you will come to it eventually InshAllah. Wish you all the best
this is really great.

Eihab

Journalist
Salamu alykom Eihab.

Let me address your question directly:

Let me ask you; what are the things that will repel you from being a Muslim?

Wa Alikom alsalam EiNsTeiN, and sorry for being late. Your answer is very interesting.
Generally I have nothing towards Islam, I used to take this stance with all religions.
Thanks.

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
Wa Alikom alsalam EiNsTeiN, and sorry for being late. Your answer is very interesting.
Generally I have nothing towards Islam, I used to take this stance with all religions.
Thanks.

Well, I'm glad you gave yourself the opportunity to search for what could be the truth, and I wish you luck in your journey.

If you do not believe in a God, you might want to set some standards for yourself in regarding the concept of a "God". Maybe this would help you relate the religions you are studying with your standards, or what you think is "real".

What would that God be like? What would He say? Do? Want?
How would He manage life?

You need to sort this out for yourself, and start reading about Allah. I believe you should begin with the Ahadith Qodseya...It's the tellings of Allah, beside the Quran.

Eihab

Journalist
Thanks EinsTein, for your advice, and as for me, sometimes I feel as if I'm in a circle meaning sometime I believe in God sometimes not.

fatima_bintu_islam

I believe you should begin with the Ahadith Qodseya...
To complete the benefit Inshallah ( Taken from here )

Hadith Qudsi 1:On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: When Allah decreed the Creation He pledged Himself by writing in His book which is laid down with Him: My mercy prevails over my wrath.
It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, an-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah).
Hadith Qudsi 2:On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: Allah Almighty has said: The son of Adam denied Me and he had no right to do so. And he reviled Me and he had no right to do so. As for his denying Me, it is his saying: He will not remake me as He made me at first (1) - and the initial creation [of him] is no easier for Me than remaking him. As for his reviling Me, it is his saying: Allah has taken to Himself a son, while I am the One, the Everlasting Refuge. I begot not nor was I begotten, and there is none comparable to Me.
(1) i.e., bring me back to life after death.
It was related by al-Bukhari (also by an-Nasa'i).
Hadith Qudsi 3:On the authority of Zayd ibn Khalid al-Juhaniyy (may Allah be pleased with him), who said: The Messenger of Allah (may the blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) led the morning prayer for us at al-Hudaybiyah following rainfall during the night. When the Prophet (may the blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) finished, he faced the people and said to them: Do you know what your Lord has said? They said: Allah and his Messenger know best. He said: This morning one of my servants became a believer in Me and one a disbeliever. As for him who said: We have been given rain by virtue of Allah and His mercy, that one is a believer in Me, a disbeliever in the stars (2); and as for him who said: We have been given rain by such-and-such a star, that one is a disbeliever in Me, a believer in the stars.
(2) The pre-Islamic Arabs believed that rain was brought about by the movement of stars. This Hadith draws attention to the fact that whatever be the direct cause of such natural phenomena as rain, it is Allah the Almighty who is the Disposer of all things.
It is related by al-Bukhari (also by Malik and an-Nasa'i).
Hadith Qudsi 4:On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: Allah said: Sons of Adam inveigh against [the vicissitudes of] Time, and I am Time, in My hand is the night and the day (1).
(1) As the Almighty is the Ordainer of all things, to inveigh aginst misfortunes that are part of Time is tantamount to inveighing against Him.
It was related by al-Bukhari (also by Muslim).