• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Is Religion

rojse

RF Addict
Friends,
Here at RF we all are here to know/discuss/etc about Religion.
But am sorry to find that We are not clear about our Concept of Religion itself.

Religion to me is simply a WAY or a PATH which is used by any individual for self realisation.

Kindly view your opinions on this.
Love & rgds

Religion is a simplistic way of explaining what we do not know right at this moment.

autonomous1one1

Premium Member
....Religion to me is simply a WAY or a PATH which is used by any individual for self realisation.....
My friend zenzero, I bow :bow: to your wisdom. May I offer in addition that for me God-realization and Self-realization are one and the same. Also, for me the word religion can be used in another way pertinent to the individual internally and thus, be focused more on the 'quest for Self-realization' than on the 'Path' that is followed. Once there is Self-realization the individual becomes their own religion.:)
Regards,
a..1

Rolling_Stone

Friends,
Here at RF we all are here to know/discuss/etc about Religion.
But am sorry to find that We are not clear about our Concept of Religion itself.

Religion to me is simply a WAY or a PATH which is used by any individual for self realisation.

Kindly view your opinions on this.
Love & rgds
Can't argue with that.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Auto121,
None to argue on your point; except that the QUEST you mention automatically by default leads to the goal by a WAY / Method / Path. Besides God has been left out as the concept of God itself is not understood by all similarly as find that it menas different things to different prople for obvious reasons.
Very true that after the realisation one is no more that individual so he is a part merged with that entity most call God and so he is religion himself.

Gnomon, Yes, surely if your path to self realisation is through the mind / science / logic etc. is also a Path / religion. Perfectly alright; except that at one point the mind has to be rested to allow to realise that SELF.

Rojse, knowing that you mention is like information. Realisation is when that knowledge / information becomes a part of the individual.

Love & rgds

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
To me, religion is like a collection of postcards from one being to other beings who need to be encouraged to follow their own path. Eventually, after progress is made, one has little or no need to follow the thinking of others that has become mired and muddied over the ages.

In some regards, religion, as it is commonly seen amounts to directions for those who cannot either make out the details themselves or have reached similar conclusions about reality. To me, and if only to me, I tend to think it represents only the most superficial layers of self-discovery as before long your inner journey leaves those books in the dust.

Sadly, the thinking of others will always take a back seat to direct personal experience, as reality has a tendency to trump even well-meaning fabrication.