• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Is Reality?

Rex

Founder
Master Vigil said:
If you believe yours to be true, I also believe mine to be true. Who is right? We both are. For there is a difference between reality and perception. There is one reality, but each of us have a different perception of that reality.
What if your both wrong.. hehe :cool:

trishtrish10

the ten commandments are real, not just suggestions. God is real. u and i and everything you sense is real. our actions and thoughts are real. sometimes we think similarly but everyone has theiir own thoughts. many of our actions are similar or the same. our past is real. time is real. the future is real and hard to predict because of free-will. everything else is just circumstance.

trishtrish10

in short reality is the existence of person and thought as well as creation. since we aren't divine we cant see or experience total reality like God. he knows our innermost thoughts and our character and that outerspace doesn't and cant end. that is a proof of his existence. infinite space seems both logical and illlogical which only a Divine being could create. he also created time. there is time in hell, purgatory and earth. in heaven there are only instances. if ure interested u could be well inspired and entertained if u read city of God by mary of agreda.

(Q)

infinite space seems both logical and illlogical which only a Divine being could create.

Incorrect. Space is finite, not infinite. And it already has been shown to exist and be created without the need for gods. Please remember that.

trishtrish10

there always is something on the other side. some have suggested that outerspace is circular, but something exists outside the circle. even if u have an illogical mind, it stands to reason that space can't end, which is a proof of the existance of God. Hubble said the universe is expanding, but what is it expanding into.

(Q)

trish

It may stand to reason that space can't end , which is a proof of the existance of God in your mind but that is not what is based in reality.

If you wish to provide comment based on cosmology or any other sciences, please do your homework first.

trishtrish10

u still can't disprove that space is infinite. reality is thought, personhood and God. everything else is circumstantial reality.

(Q)

u still can't disprove that space is infinite.

Leave the science to those who have a clue. Try reading a book sometime.

trishtrish10

i speed read and can disprove einstein's theory of relativity; energies(heat, light, radiation, sound, etc.) have different speeds. radiation is twice the speed of light, sound much slower and thunder is the explosion of a hydrogen pocket form ligtening caused by wind friction. isn't that exciting?

trishtrish10

the mind and the heart should be one. u shouldn't seperate them. but when we sin we do. we rationalize with our minds due to some foreseen pleasure. reality in short is person, God and universe. God is invisible because like radiation, he is faster than light. when he slows down u may be able to see him. u can't work faster than God. he's like a giant, he's everywhere at once. he knows ure innmost thoughts.

Ceridwen018

can disprove einstein's theory of relativity
Have you published a paper with these findings? If what you say is true, you're on your way to fame and fortune within the scientific community. It seems odd to me though, that these apparent 'flaws' havn't been discovered sooner....especially by scientists who use the laws of relativity all the time....

the mind and the heart should be one. u shouldn't seperate them.
The mind and heart require separation as badly as church and state. What happens when the mind and heart disagree? To think they will always agree is to live in a fantasy world.

God is invisible because like radiation, he is faster than light. when he slows down u may be able to see him.
So god is a beam of light now?

(Q)

i speed read and can disprove einstein's theory of relativity

Really? Did you know that a Nobel prize awaits you along with a million bucks? So, what are you waiting for?

radiation is twice the speed of light,

Sorry, but nothing has been shown to move faster than the speed of light, radiation being one of them.

thunder is the explosion of a hydrogen pocket form ligtening caused by wind friction. isn't that exciting?

Perhaps, but it is totally wrong. Lightning is caused by a discharge from a buildup of positive and negative charges. The discharge heats the surrounding air causing the air to expand, which creates a shockwave that creates a soundwave: thunder. Hydrogen has nothing to do with it.

As an alleged science teacher, your knowledge of the basics is deplorable - you should be embarrased. I seriously doubt the state of Missouri has certified you as a science teacher.

(Q)

God is invisible because like radiation, he is faster than light.

Radiation is not invisible - it can easily be detected. And it does not move faster than light because radiation and light are one and the same.

trishtrish10

well people i am just teasing about e=mc22 because i wanted to question my observation of light from the sun. seems to me it's not squared and is sstill energy. pv=E E ==nrT

trishtrish10

matter is potential energy. it takes movement or a catalyst to start a reaction. kinetic energy is sound, light, radiation,etc. and each require different catalysts the same or different movements to get it to kinetic action. there are three different types of radiation, alpha, beta and gamma. they all have different accleration requirements in order to react. energy has mass and different speeds once it is accelerated to that particular speed. can heat be changed into a higher form of energy like light or radiation or can light slow down to become sound, etc. i know matter can produce both heat and light. can sound be accelerated into heat or light? i have a lot of questions and plan on taking some courses to find some answers, if i can come up with some free tuition. need to purchase a physics book by saxon as he is the only one i can understand. his algebra books are excellent. a good book or teacher is all u need.