• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Is Proselytizing?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Then it is my poor English.

Thus an Obligation may be better use of words.

This quote uses both.

"In the Aqdas Bahá’u’lláh considers teaching as a spiritual obligation imposed upon every devoted believer and servant of His Faith. Should the friends become fully conscious of this duty and arise to do their share, this Cause will soon permeate every home throughout the world and the Kingdom of God will be established."
(From a letter written on behalf of the Guardian to an individual believer: Bahá’í News, No. 85, p. 8, July 1934)

These quotes can be found in abundance and In other scriptures also.

I need not discuss the point any further as it is a play only on words as to what people see on this topic.

Regards Tony
Yes, I know it is a duty/obligation for Baha'is, but unless I see the scriptures of other religions I cannot say it is a duty/obligation for other religious believers.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes, I know it is a duty/obligation for Baha'is, but unless I see the scriptures of other religions I cannot say it is a duty/obligation for other religious believers.

There are many to be found. One from the Bible;

Romans 12:6-7 We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith;
7 if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach;

Regards Tony

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
There are many to be found. One from the Bible;

Romans 12:6-7 We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith;
7 if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach;

Regards Tony
Yes, I believe serving and teaching is a duty for Christians. I was referring to all the other religions.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes, I believe serving and teaching is a duty for Christians. I was referring to all the other religions.

How about the Quran then?

"Invite (all) to the way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious." – Qur’an English Translation [16:125]

"And let nothing keep thee back from the Signs of Allah after they have been revealed to thee: and invite (men) to thy Lord, and be not of the company of those who join gods with Allah." - Qur’an English Translation [28:87]

How to spread Islam Peacefully throughout the World by its message and Not by the Sword:

Islam Spread Peacefully throughout the World by its message and Not by the Sword

Regards Tony

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
How about the Quran then?

"Invite (all) to the way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious." – Qur’an English Translation [16:125]

"And let nothing keep thee back from the Signs of Allah after they have been revealed to thee: and invite (men) to thy Lord, and be not of the company of those who join gods with Allah." - Qur’an English Translation [28:87]

How to spread Islam Peacefully throughout the World by its message and Not by the Sword:

Islam Spread Peacefully throughout the World by its message and Not by the Sword

Regards Tony
Yes, as I said in my other post. both Christianity and Islam are universalizing religions so both seek to propagate their religions. A universalizing religion looks for new members and welcomes anyone and everyone who wishes to adopt their belief system.