• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what is judaisms highest priority

Yona

Frum Mastah Flex
what is your highest good thing because what you wrote does not explain anything to me.

Well, what precisely do you mean? You're initial question was "what is the highest priority in Judaism," and I answered to live a good, honest, righteous life here in this life thus obeying the commandments of G-d. Perhaps I don't get what it is your asking here exactly?

evane123

I am not honest because i want to protect the universe from harm by bypassing defenses of things that will harm the universe do you think god would think that is wrong

evane123

I am not mocking you i am asking you a question. I think you might not be able to search for more information to try to make better decisions.

evane123

I thought that you were saying that i was mocking you by asking you a question that i think shows frustration from being locked into stuff without the ability to search for more information to try to make better decisions.
Will you answer my question about honesty.
I think once i said i was the a profit who might be the messiah why do you think i said that.

evane123

At this point in Jewish history, I think this verse applies: Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

I think (praise)favorable judgment to one over another will cause one to not have understanding about who is better. I think you should deal with everything the same to have a common variable. I think you might be able to think of reasons to have favorable judgment at times of trying to improve the universe and not a single person.

I think I can not pick out a priority other than Praise from that but maybe you think something else. I think i would enjoy your priority in your own words.

Yona

Frum Mastah Flex
Will you answer my question about honesty.

What question about honesty? I don't see one.

I think once i said i was the a profit who might be the messiah why do you think i said that.

I would (respectfully) say you're just another individual among a whole list of individuals whom have claimed the same. I would consider you neither a prophet nor the foretold moshiach.

evane123

I am said to have schizophrenia from the united states government so something might be speaking through me. I created hope with my new idea of how to deal with horrible situations. I have a procedure of thought. I have a highest priority of trying to not feel pain. My ideas might have stopped the nazi Holocaust.

Levite

Higher and Higher
what is the highest priority of Judaism.

Generally speaking, to love God, to respect our fellow people, and to obey the commandments.

Hillel (a great sage, early 1st century CE) famously said, when asked to teach the entirety of Torah in a moment, "'Love your fellow person as you love yourself:' that is Torah. All the rest is merely commentary. Now go and learn it."

And in Pirkei Avot ("Chapters of the Fathers," the wisdom literature of the early Rabbis of the Talmud), we have several key summations of what were thought to be central directives in how to live a Jewish life, my favorites being:

"Rabban Shimon ben Gamliel said: The world rests on three things: on the truth, on justice, and on peace, as it says (Zechariah 8:16): 'Truth and peacful justice shall you render in your dwellings.'"

"Ben-Zoma said: Who is wise? The one who learns from all people, as it is written (Psalm 119:99) 'I have gained understanding from all my teachers.' Who is mighty? The one who masters his passions, as it is written (Proverbs 16:32) 'One who is slow to anger is stronger than the mighty, and one whose temper is moderated is worthier than one who captures a city.'
Who is rich? The one who rejoices in his lot in life, as it is written (Psalm 128:2) 'You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands; you shall be happy, and it shall go well with you.' ...
Who is honorable? The one that honors his fellow people, as it is written (I Samuel 2:30) 'For those who honor me I will honor, and those who despise me shall be treated with contempt.'"