• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is it with Radical Muslims and beheadings?

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
istg!! This is just absurd, thousands of innocent people are being killed and tortured in China in Syria in Palestine and the list goes on... most of them because of the US and he wants to talk about Muslims? lol.
...people are being killed in China... because of the US?

dianaiad

No its its not what i im doing, if you actually care to read my posts you will see i am making fair and honest comparison.

But enough of you do think its a good thing and ignoring it just doesnt make it go away. See my list of (just a few) christian terror groups in post #17

As i said, not complaining, but fair comparison shure seems to get you going, why is that.

You are not making a 'fair comparison,' since you are comparing everything every Christian group has ever done with what the Muslims are doing now, and inferring from that that none of us have a right to complain that such things are done now.

And you are responding to ME here. I have to go back quite a few generations in my family to find people who liked beheading (or executing in other ways). I am not thinking it's a 'good thing.' Quite the opposite. What I AM saying is that no matter what other theists may have done, or still do, it is still appropriate for theists to point out things that are wrong, and it is still not only illogical but useless to insist that only those with impeccable backgrounds, associations and ancestry can protest wrongness. For one thing, that leaves you right out, doesn't it?

Along with every other living human?

dianaiad

Since Landon likes to get to the core of things, maybe he can tell us what it is about his faith that makes its priests molest children?

I can tell you that, and I'm not even Catholic.

See, predators go where the prey is. There is nothing about being a Catholic (or any other) priest that promotes molesting children. However, for child molesters, there is a great deal of attraction in becoming a priest....or someone else who has authority and the trust of parents and children. The lion waits by the watering hole, after all.

For some reason, when we discuss the 'wolf in sheep's' clothing meme, the sheep aren't SUPPOSED to be blamed...unless of course the 'sheep" is a Catholic priest or clergy of other religions.

If there is blame....and there is...the average priest doesn't share it. The blame lies in what is done about it.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You are not making a 'fair comparison,' since you are comparing everything every Christian group has ever done with what the Muslims are doing now, and inferring from that that none of us have a right to complain that such things are done now.

And you are responding to ME here. I have to go back quite a few generations in my family to find people who liked beheading (or executing in other ways). I am not thinking it's a 'good thing.' Quite the opposite. What I AM saying is that no matter what other theists may have done, or still do, it is still appropriate for theists to point out things that are wrong, and it is still not only illogical but useless to insist that only those with impeccable backgrounds, associations and ancestry can protest wrongness. For one thing, that leaves you right out, doesn't it?

Along with every other living human?

Nope i am comparing what Christians have done and what a very frw Muslims do

So what your are saying is Muslims should do as you say and not learn from what Christianity has done?

sooda

Veteran Member
istg!! This is just absurd, thousands of innocent people are being killed and tortured in China in Syria in Palestine and the list goes on... most of them because of the US and he wants to talk about Muslims? lol.

Who are you claiming wants Sharia law to trump our laws? Ever heard of Beit Din? Rabbinic courts have been in the US for over 250 years. The only Sharia that would ever exist in the US would be voluntary arbitrage between Muslims in civil matters.. NEVER would it supersede US State and Federal law or the US constitution.

dianaiad

Nope i am comparing what Christians have done and what a very frw Muslims do

So what your are saying is Muslims should do as you say and not learn from what Christianity has done?

(thinking) Why, yes. I think that Muslims should do as I say, AND as I...and those who believe as I do...do. At least, in terms of punishing those whose crime is disagreeing with them religiously.

I mean, aren't you doing the same thing?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
(thinking) Why, yes. I think that Muslims should do as I say, AND as I...and those who believe as I do...do. At least, in terms of punishing those whose crime is disagreeing with them religiously.

I mean, aren't you doing the same thing?

So why dont you do what muslims say? Its not up toto you to dictate religion to anyone, even perversion of religion.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Who are you claiming wants Sharia law to trump our laws? Ever heard of Beit Din? Rabbinic courts have been in the US for over 250 years. The only Sharia that would ever exist in the US would be voluntary arbitrage between Muslims in civil matters.. NEVER would it supersede US State and Federal law or the US constitution.

Like judge Judy,maybe not as bad

ToelessTooth

It's My Birthday!