• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is Faith?

PearlSeeker

Yup, since the Bible was written by men, not those messengers.

It is not only the best way, it is the only way to get messages from God. It doesn't matter what happened in the past because the past is gone.
The past does not even exist except in people's minds. Only the present exists.
We no longer have to rely upon messages that men wrote because now we have the writings of the messenger.
It's strange that it took 5000 years to come up with a literate messenger. All those years were wasted with distorted message.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
It's strange that it took 5000 years to come up with a literate messenger. All those years were wasted with distorted message.
It does seem strange but I believe it was all part of God's plan that culminated in this new age.
I mean everything that happened in the past ages was leading up to this new age, the Age of Fulfillment.
It is called the Age of Fulfillment because all the Bible prophecies will be fulfilled in this age.

The time was not really wasted because everything that happened in the past was necessry to get to where we are today.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
@It Aint Necessarily So said: Millions agree with me that belief by faith is unjustified belief whether they use those words or not.
Isn’t that an “argumentum ad populum”?

(I couldn’t resist)

Actually, faith results - mostly - from what we know.

For example: I have faith that my mother loves me. Why? Because of what I know she’s done for me many, many times.

If she had never done anything, or maybe only a few times, I wouldn’t have that faith.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Was it necessary to make confusion?
It was not God who made the confusion, it was humans...
I don't know if it was necessary, only God knows that, but it happened.

Sadly, the confusion is still with us since most people still adhere to the older religions so they are still confused.
The confusion could end now since we have a new revelation from God, but I think it will continue for some time since so few people have recognized Baha'u'llah...

By the way, I am stil planning on answering your post on the Evidence for God thread, I just haven't had time yet.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
…but I responded that if he wants to use that argument, many, many more millions agree with me that belief by faith is justified belief since about 93% of people in the world believe in God by faith. ;)
Kudos to you!

I like IANS, he seems pretty decent.

Ok, not pretty…just decent.Lol!

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Thanks for the correction.

In my defense: I’m worn out! Had a rough day.

I tripped over a wooden outcrop yesterday inside a bldg., and hit my head on a cement floor. I’m still wincing.
No, you had the fallacy right even though you spelled it wrong.

I am so sorry you hit your head and I hope you recover soon.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Isn’t that an “argumentum ad populum”?
An argumentum ad populum fallacy is essentially, "It's right because everybody says so." My comment "Millions agree with me that belief by faith is unjustified belief whether they use those words or not" was in response to Trailblazer's claim that "That's just your opinion" with regard to faith being unjustified belief. It was a rebuttal to that claim. No, it's NOT just my opinion.

And thanks for the kind words. I enjoy your posting as well.
I have faith that my mother loves me. Why? Because of what I know she’s done for me many, many times.
That's a different word spelled and pronounced the same as religious-type faith. That one means justified belief, whereas the latter means unjustified belief.