• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is a seeker really seeking?

PearlSeeker

Love, harmony, bliss, peace, unity are nice words, but utopian. They come in handy while fooling people.
"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."
(Bruce Lee)

Love is like air, water and food. Saying you don't need it is utopian.

PearlSeeker

Eh... I'm not so sure all seekers are generally interested in "truth."

Many are just seeking to prove to themselves something they already believe; confirmation bias. If they are open minded, they can work past that towards the truth, but that takes real effort and a willingness to be wrong and to adjust accordingly.
Agree. True seekers are the later.

PearlSeeker

That is pretty contextual and appears a little...I mean...people have their own paths.
Yes, everyone is actualizing own potentials but at the same time we are all human.

Let's take an example of a pianist:
more actualized instrument playing skills - - > a more perfect pianist he is,
and at the same time more humane - - > a more perfect human.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, everyone is actualizing own potentials but at the same time we are all human.

Let's take an example of a pianist:
more actualized instrument playing skills - - > a more perfect pianist he is,
and at the same time more humane - - > a more perfect human.

Yeah, we just see things differently, I think. We will be talking past one another.
But he might need to make choices between his drive to become a 'perfect' piano player, and his drive to be a 'perfect' human.

Not to mention my issues with the concept of 'perfect' in the first place.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at." (Bruce Lee)
Love is like air, water and food. Saying you don't need it is utopian.
You have ignored the second sentence of the quote from my post. "They come in handy while fooling people." One has to be wary of sweet talk.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
God, truth, self, love, wisdom, bliss, awareness, life, liberation, actualization, peace, unity, flow, harmony, perfection ...?

Are all these really different things?
How about seeking information, understanding?

What is the universe, physics, chemistry, biochemistry, evolution? How does the world work, how do human societies work, how do human bodies work, how do human brains work?

Those things will point you towards wisdom if anything will, with the added comfort of knowing it's based in reality.