• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what i like about the Tea Party

angrymoose

angrymoose
I'll be honest, I totally think the tea party people are completely wrong and mislead sleep following the path of the talk show radio lies.

In some cases, people are protesting policies that could conceivably benefit them because people with vested interests in said policies failing, know how to lie and misrepresent.

Now, lets be further fair and say, politicians on all sides have some measure of corruption and some measure of genuine valies.

Ok, so I'm unimpressed with the Tea party.

Why do I "like" them.

Well, we live in a democracy. People can fund politicians to do their bidding as much as they want but at the end of the day, they are accountable to the people. If you don't remember this, you can in theory suffer the consequences.

And, I respect that the tea party people, put their vote where their mouth is. I'd like them to be better informed perhaps but that's just me.

Democracy can work, if we make it work. The tea party people aactually proved this.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
When leaders use the same tack over & over again, always expecting that new results will
differ from continuing failure, it makes sense that there should eventually be a backlash.
A backlash itself might not be an improvement, but the freedom to allow it is useful

Troublemane

I think its funny to see the hippies and lefties upset that someone is protesting them and their agenda, after they wear their political activism on their sleeves like a badge of honor. Its funny to see how they react with such savage hatred, calling the Tea Party names like 'racist' and 'nazi', and other such ad hominems, because they have no better argument.

Even the likes of Noam Chomsky cannot refudiate their position. He calls them 'crazy', and claims he could defeat their arguments easily but he simply chooses not to! Lmao! Even blames the left for the Tea Party's existence, saying its because the LEFT has not made their position clear enough, that the masses are simply responding to the only message they are hearing---which is coming from the right.

Yeah, sure, Noam. The real reason people are revolting against the status quo is the status quo SUCKS, and who is in charge? The left. Thats right, its the left who are driving the car into the ditch, and every time Obama said he was going to take us further left as a country, the dems lost more and more votes.

The Tea Party is a response to an out of control liberal congress and liberal president. Its nothing more than a return to sanity. If you dont like it is because you simply don't like free speech and hate freedom. Thats all there is to it.

A

angellous_evangellous

Not even upsetting the status quo?
Anything which threatens massive gov't spending, 2 foreign wars & higher taxes can't be all bad.

No, I don't appreciate people who upset the status quo (which is something that the Tea Party is NOT doing) with even worse suggestions than we already have.

The the applecart were upset by visionary leadership that has a constructive and healthy alternative.... that I can appreciate.

AntEmpire

100_best_signs_13.jpg

A

angellous_evangellous

Here's the truly stupid thing about the Tea Party:

Both the candidates and the people who support them have vowed to do their thing without compromise. So the candidates, if they really do this - and most of them new to Washington with no experience in politics so they may well do it - they won't find support for what they want to do even in a Republican house.

And the supporters of these Tea Baggers will be furious that their representatives aren't getting anything done OR are compromising on their "values."

The Republicans are going to pressure these freshmen to play ball, and they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Both the candidates and the people who support them have vowed to do their thing without compromise. So the candidates, if they really do this - and most of them new to Washington with no experience in politics so they may well do it - they won't find support for what they want to do even in a Republican house.
And the supporters of these Tea Baggers will be furious that their representatives aren't getting anything done OR are compromising on their "values."
The Republicans are going to pressure these freshmen to play ball, and they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
Let us judge their worth once they take office & show their stuff.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Methinks you're over-indulging in insults.

just calling a spade a spade. The tea party is undeniably rife with ignorance. Most don't even know the meaning of, much less difference between, communism and fascism. And if they're worried about government overstepping its boundaries then where were these slack-jawed yokels when Bush was in power?

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
just calling a spade a spade. The tea party is undeniably rife with ignorance. Most don't even know the meaning of, much less difference between, communism and fascism. And if they're worried about government overstepping its boundaries then where were these slack-jawed yokels when Bush was in power?
Again with the insults. If anything, their objection to America's going over the falls suggests a superior grasp of reality.

It's simply a matter of them attempting to do what they said that they were going to do.
You're from Texas....how can you be so naive? I suggest a sojourn in Revoltistan.
Campaign rhetoric does not translate into action....just look at Obama.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Again with the insults. If anything, their objection to America's going over the falls suggests a superior grasp of reality.

The irony is that most of them have supported the very things that sent America in the wrong direction in the first place, and their proposed solutions would only serve to accelerate that decline.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The irony is that most of them have supported the very things that sent America in the wrong direction in the first place....
That could very well be for some. But a mark of mature intelligence is to know when to change one's mind.
Beware those with only a Damn-the-torpedoes-full-speed-ahead view of life.

.....and their proposed solutions would only serve to accelerate that decline.
Tea Partiers appear to be a diverse group. Perhaps some of them have good solutions, & others have bad ones.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I love it.

The TEA party express has not even taken their seats yet and the Liberals are going crazy.

Face facts, 20% of the country has had their flash in the pan. Turn out the lights, the partys over.

I have had a good laugh at the many attempts to paint the TEA party as ignorant.

The same could be said for Obama supporters who have yet to take responsibility for anything.

They still blame GWB. :facepalm:

Two years and they still can't even get the truck out of the ditch? Move over you all and let the TEA party put the truck in 4 wheel drive! :p

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member

Just wait till Rand Paul filibusters the debt ceiling.