• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Happens When You Die?

godnotgod

Thou art That
I agree. Here is something I wrote a while back on another thread...

Originally Posted by Runewolf1973
Let’s get out of the Dark Ages already. I’ll tell you right now that matter does not live, matter is not alive, nor is it capable of dying.

To see this reality is to be free of both birth and death. This is what Chopra means when he says: 'we return to where we always are' about what happens after death. It is transcendence of our conditioned view of life, wherein the eyes are opened to see things as they are, rather than how conditioning tells us they are, and how mere appearances fool the mind of Reason. It is spiritual awakening. This is the path the Buddha experienced when he awoke. He called it his Middle Path to distinguish it from the two extreme views of the Eternalists and the Materialists who conflicted over the question of death and the afterlife during his time as well.

religion99

To see this reality is to be free of both birth and death. This is what Chopra means when he says: 'we return to where we always are' about what happens after death. It is transcendence of our conditioned view of life, wherein the eyes are opened to see things as they are, rather than how conditioning tells us they are, and how mere appearances fool the mind of Reason. It is spiritual awakening. This is the path the Buddha experienced when he awoke. He called it his Middle Path to distinguish it from the two extreme views of the Eternalists and the Materialists who conflicted over the question of death and the afterlife during his time as well.

Chopra is charlatan. He is in it to make money. If you cannot recognize that then it is too bad for you.

godnotgod

Thou art That
You melt back into the Universe.

You cannot become any more a part of the universe than you already are. In fact, you are already (and always have been) 100% integrated with the universe, and at no time have you ever been separated from it, not even for one zillionth of a nano-second.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
You cannot become any more a part of the universe than you already are. In fact, you are already (and always have been) 100% integrated with the universe, and at no time have you ever been separated from it, not even for one zillionth of a nano-second.

There 'you' are using that word 'you' again.....

I smell hypocrisy.

All through this thread 'you' insist that 'I' don't.

And heaven is greater....I believe it.

'Your' integration may seem sufficient for 'you'.

But 'you' don't exist.

godnotgod

Thou art That
There 'you' are using that word 'you' again.....

I smell hypocrisy.

All through this thread 'you' insist that 'I' don't.

And heaven is greater....I believe it.

'Your' integration may seem sufficient for 'you'.

But 'you' don't exist.

So did you find "I" yet? Or is it a horse of a different color?

atanu

Premium Member
Yes, that is the question "Whence the I?"

But, if one cannot locate origin of "I" mentally, does not mean that it is a fiction. Rather one can be a seer of the rise of "I".

godnotgod

Thou art That
Yes, that is the question "Whence the I?"

But, if one cannot locate origin of "I" mentally, does not mean that it is a fiction. Rather one can be a seer of the rise of "I".

It cannot be located because it does not exist.

Is it fiction to the seer?