• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Gospel does the bible teach ?

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Gospel place entire quotes from Isaiah dedicated to Cyrus and pointlessly place them in the gospels, at least in Luke, Jesus last words are not plagiarized.
Not pointlessly.
And it isn't plagiarism. Plagiarism applies to specific types of borrowing and changes depending on genre. Today, if I write a poem or a novel and quote, paraphrase, or play on a line from Shakespeare, the bible, milton, dante, or any number of other famous works or authors, I don't have to to cite the source, and nobody considers it plagiarism. However, if I'm writing a a dissertation or an article for an academic journal, and I take the general thrust of an idea from some other researcher/academic without explicitly citing that person, it's plagiarism. What is or isn't plagiarism even today depends on context.

Rhadamanthus

Limenoscopus
Not pointlessly.
And it isn't plagiarism. Plagiarism applies to specific types of borrowing and changes depending on genre. Today, if I write a poem or a novel and quote, paraphrase, or play on a line from Shakespeare, the bible, milton, dante, or any number of other famous works or authors, I don't have to to cite the source, and nobody considers it plagiarism. However, if I'm writing a a dissertation or an article for an academic journal, and I take the general thrust of an idea from some other researcher/academic without explicitly citing that person, it's plagiarism. What is or isn't plagiarism even today depends on context.

It is pointless, Isaiah has a completely different Context then the Gospels, they
don't go in hand, they really don't having anything in common, just the sole purpose to fatten up the Gospels, If you took all OT Plagiarism from Matthew, you'd have no book

In Matthew and Mark :
My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?

In Luke:
Father forgive them, for they know not what they do
Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise (in response to one of the two thieves crucified next to him)
Father, into your hands I commit my spirit (last words)

at least Luke fixes this Plagiarism

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is pointless, Isaiah has a completely different Context then the Gospels
And again, the character Sherlock Holmes used the line "the game's afoot!" all the time. In quite different contexts than Henry V. And when housman wrote "for in the grave they say, is neither knowledge, nor device, nor fifteen pence a day" he took was using a very differnt context than the biblical quote he was paraphrasing.

If you took all OT Plagiarism from Matthew, you'd have no book
It isn't plagiarism. I thought you studied mythology? So Euripides, Sophocles, Aeschylus, Vergil, etc., were just plagiarizing.

Rhadamanthus

Limenoscopus
And again, the character Sherlock Holmes used the line "the game's afoot!" all the time. In quite different contexts than Henry V. And when housman wrote "for in the grave they say, is neither knowledge, nor device, nor fifteen pence a day" he took was using a very differnt context than the biblical quote he was paraphrasing.

It isn't plagiarism. I thought you studied mythology? So Euripides, Sophocles, Aeschylus, Vergil, etc., were just plagiarizing.

What "Sherlock Holmes" has to do with anything, did Sherlock Holmes write a book responsible for billions of death? Why act Childish, clearly your pretending to be educated, a fake agnostic, and a Militant Apologetic whom kills people when people offend Winnie the Pooh

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What "Sherlock Holmes" has to do with anything, did Sherlock Holmes write a book responsible for billions of death?
I explained why. You keep throwing around "plagiarism" when it doesn't apply. And for someone who claims to have studied mythology, you ought to know how foolish this is.

Why act Childish, clearly your pretending to be educated, a fake agnostic, and a Militant Apologetic whom kills people when people offend Winnie the Pooh
Clearly. But "whom" is the objective form. You want "who" there as I'm the subject of your relative clause.

By the way, the agnostic author Bart Ehrman, who has written popular works like "Misquoting Jesus" and "God's Problem" also wrote an entire book on how the problems and errors in The Da Vinci code. Maybe he too was a simply being "childish, clearly pretending to be educated" and is a "fake agnostic" and so forth. Or perhaps he simply wished to inform people of the errors.

Rhadamanthus

Limenoscopus
With Homer, he writes ONE account of Odysseus, Start
to Finish, in Torah, they are ONE account of Moses.

With the Gospels, they are FOUR accounts of Jesus

That means Three/Four of the Gospel authors are Plagiarisms from the Original
Story and created Three/Four separate Jesus Characters.

Plagiarism is the heart of the Gospels

A

angellous_evangellous

I remember when I was three.

Its so cute. :foryou:

(you don't even speak the language required to even pretend to speak intelligently on these topics)

So we can play. The Pooh loves the Daddy.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

Why did you make 'The Gospel' as plural ^above^ ?

In the first place please notice there is but ONE gospel.
One first-century gospel.
One gospel with four gospel writers.
All four comprise together one singular gospel.

So, the gospel narrative is Not four separate accounts, but one gospel account written by four.
The Gospel according to Matthew
The Gospel according to Mark
The Gospel according to Luke
The Gospel according to John

dan p

Why did you make 'The Gospel' as plural ^above^ ?

In the first place please notice there is but ONE gospel.
One first-century gospel.
One gospel with four gospel writers.
All four comprise together one singular gospel.

So, the gospel narrative is Not four separate accounts, but one gospel account written by four.
The Gospel according to Matthew
The Gospel according to Mark
The Gospel according to Luke
The Gospel according to John

Hi , and comment on the Gospel of the Un-circumcision of Gal 2:7 !!

Is it a Gospel ?

dan p

A

angellous_evangellous

Why is my post above a subject of language, it is not.

Here comes the next pointless post

It's only pointless because I suspect that English isn't your first language.

Obviously you don't have the vocabulary [basic knowledge of elementary elements of the subject] to speak the language [talk intelligently about the subject].

It's a common metaphor.

Of course, you can look up the etymology and make up something stupid. But for the love of god be entertaining.

EDIT: It occurred to me that since you completely missed the metaphor initially, you might not know what a metaphor is. I am glad to help - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conceptual_metaphor

Last edited by a moderator:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Hi , and comment on the Gospel of the Un-circumcision of Gal 2:7 !!
Is it a Gospel ?
dan p

Gospel means: good news

Besides the 'gospel of uncircumcision' at verse 7 is also mentioned the 'gospel of the circumcision'. Galatians [3v8] mentions preached before the 'gospel unto Abraham'. [Genesis 22v18]

[also: Mt 4v23; Romans 15v16; Mark 1v1; Acts 20v24; Eph 6v15;Rev 14v6]

The scope of the good news or gospel involves all the truths about which Jesus spoke or taught.- 2nd Tim 1vs9,10

By past reference to Abraham shows or indicates that the gospel would come through Abraham's 'seed' aka Christ Jesus.

Isaiah connects the gospel with Jesus [Isaiah 61vs1-3; Luke 4vs16-21]

There is further progression with the gospel starting at the time of Jesus birth.
-Luke 2v10; Matt 3vs1,2;11v12
First to Jews, then to Samaritans then to all gentile nations.- Acts 1v8

Back to Galatians. At Galatians [1 vs6-9,11,12] notice 'gospel' is still singular in all those verses. So, the gospel or good news of Matthew [24v14] includes all aspects or facets of just one gospel.