• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What exactly is Islamophobia?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
How does that change the fact that you tripped over your own shoelaces trying to pass off a bare-faced lie?
It means that you replied at 11:00 PM on Friday night, and I'm just now getting back to you.

I didn't lie.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
@stevecanuck ,

This is what i said:

Screenshot_20230325_213128.jpg

The Tafsir and Hadith enhance... the religious duties. Not the Quran. They enhance the Muslim, not their scripture.

stevecanuck

They made a treaty, then broke it. They are the aggressors. The only thing they need to do is acknowledge and pay a tax.

You're getting your excuses mixed up. Surah 9 is about Mohamed's attempt to start a war with the Byzantines. There was NO treaty to begin with. You're thinking of Hudaybiyyah and the Meccans.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
You're getting your excuses mixed up. Surah 9 is about Mohamed's attempt to start a war with the Byzantines. There was NO treaty to begin with. You're thinking of Hudaybiyyah and the Meccans.
Post #122 has direct quotes from the beginning of Surah 9 showing the context. Those whom are being fought are breaking treaties, they attacked first, they are the aggressors. If you have something from the surah which says otherwise, please bring it. We are discussing what's written, correct?

This is important because, a Muslim reading the Quran is instructed to fight against ceratin people under certain circumstances and cease fighting or not fight at all under certain circumstances. Those details, if given, *and they are given in Surah 9*, are extremely important.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
You know very well that there is no such thing. You're up. Show us an "overwhelmingly" long list of verses.

It's already been shown that you do this. You ignore the overwhelming majority of moderating verses and the context. You brought a verse in surah 44, but it is surrounded by moderation.

The same is true for Surah 9. You brought verse 111 and 29, but the the zealot is only fighting the agressors, and pagans are fine as long as they maintain their treaty. A large chunk of the surah is addressing hypocrits who are Muslims themself.

Now, if you really want me to copy and paste the verses, you need to demonstrate some integrity. You called me a liar, and over-reacted. I think you need to apologize before I spend much more of my time discussing these matters with you. If you recall, I was not the one who began this conversation. I tried discussing Quran with you in another thread, and, no matter how many times I was able to find moderating verses to what you brought, you never once acknowledged them. So, you have asked me about Allah's mercy in the Quran, and I answered it. You asked about Surah 9 and I answered it. You're doing the same thing you did last time, which explains why people label you. This answers the question in the OP.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
It's already been shown that you do this. You ignore the overwhelming majority of moderating verses and the context. You brought a verse in surah 44, but it is surrounded by moderation.

The same is true for Surah 9. You brought verse 111 and 29, but the the zealot is only fighting the agressors, and pagans are fine as long as they maintain their treaty. A large chunk of the surah is addressing hypocrits who are Muslims themself.

Now, if you really want me to copy and paste the verses, you need to demonstrate some integrity. You called me a liar, and over-reacted. I think you need to apologize before I spend much more of my time discussing these matters with you. If you recall, I was not the one who began this conversation. I tried discussing Quran with you in another thread, and, no matter how many times I was able to find moderating verses to what you brought, you never once acknowledged them. So, you have asked me about Allah's mercy in the Quran, and I answered it. You asked about Surah 9 and I answered it. You're doing the same thing you did last time, which explains why people label you. This answers the question in the OP.

Yeah, I could do the same with secular modern law for the laws of war. That allows for killing the enemy, but it also explain in which cases and how.

Last edited:

stevecanuck

Fight against the aggressors. Fight against those who break their treaties.

Two questions:

1. Did Mohamed lead his army to Tabuk with the intention of doing battle with the Byzantines? Yes or no.

2. What form of aggression or what broken treaty justified said campaign?