• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What drew you to Wicca?

Metempsychosis

Reincarnation of 'Anti-religion'
Hello wiccans,

Does Hinduism or any other Eastern faiths have had any influence on wicca.I find them to be quite similar.

Thanks.

xkatz

Hello wiccans,

Does Hinduism or any other Eastern faiths have had any influence on wicca.I find them to be quite similar.

Thanks.

Although I am not Wiccan, I can tell you most Wiccans believe in Eastern ideas such as reincarnation and Karma. I believe the phrase they use for Karma is something like:

If you do good, you get good back times three.

I don't remember EXACTLY what the phrase was but it was something like that.

Also there is a broad set of beliefs in Wicca, like Hinduism. Some Wiccans are monotheistic, polytheistic, pantheistic, monist, humanist, atheist, ect.

Hope that helps you:)

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
Although I am not Wiccan, I can tell you most Wiccans believe in Eastern ideas such as reincarnation and Karma. I believe the phrase they use for Karma is something like:

If you do good, you get good back times three.

I don't remember EXACTLY what the phrase was but it was something like that.

That specifically is often referred to as the Three-fold Law. :)

Herr Heinrich

Student of Mythology
Indeed, I have to agree with Michell, I never liked the idea of a single stationary truth. I have always seen truth and spirituality as being like water, always flowing and changing and different for each individual. And the wonderful thing about most Pagan traditions is that they are so welcoming and flexible it's very easy to adapt your current beliefs and spirituality into the tradition(or traditions if your eclectic) of your choice. I'm personally leaning closer and closer to feri tradition but if you feel yourself being called closer to Wicca then "wicca: a guide for the solitary practitioner" is a good place to start even if you aren't going to do it all by yourself. Also for a general overview there is "spiral dance" by starhawk and "drawing down the moon" by margot adler. The latter is more general and goes over more of the history of the pagan movements than the former which talks about Paganism from the point of view of the feri tradition, making it a bit more specific but still very useful for getting an ideaof what Paganism is about.

Blessed be on your journey

I have heard of those books. I will have to take a look some time. Right now I am focusing more on Druidism and trying to learn more about that.

sora131500

When I was 12 my sister in law asked me one day if I wanted to practice witchcraft. I was iffy at first but decided why not. I had a very limited understanding of wicca and thought it was only spells. The whole religious aspect of it I didn't understand. So I kept on with aprox. 3 years of this very limited veiw of what wicca was. When I turned 15 I became involved into psionics or more newage "Psychic" stuff. This was after I quit wicca because of again my limited understanding. Witchcraft in the religion I was formerly apart of was veiwed as very bad. Then almost a year later I decided to study what wicca was because my best friend got into the 'religion' and I was curious as to this side of wicca. What really got me interested in wicca or paganism again is strangely enough a fiction novel. Divine by mistake by p.c cast. She spoke of paganism in her novel in a strange new way I had never seen it in. This inevitably got me thinking of christianity (My former religion) and paganism. Paganism in this new light of nature and love didn't seem as bad as chrisitanity (Or what I was taught...) made it out to be. At this current time I am undesided on my religion, though I still believe in alot of new age and pagan ideals. Thought I'd share this little bit of info about myself with you all. Hope this doesn't clutter this topic just thought it kinda fit into here.
~Sora131500

Last edited: