• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does your country's meal looks like?

syoonsh

I always wondered about each country has different style of meal and dishes. Well,
I am posting up some pictures of our country's meal. This is normally what we eat in here, course if we go to another country and eat Korean food, it is completely different style.....of course we have lots of more soups and other bbq's...

First, it's side dish

1154088410_7.jpg

Main dishes with Korean spinach+miso soup with kimchi with other side dishes.

koshiye2.jpg

chicken soup with side dishes

koshiye.jpg

P.S: Don't expect this kind of meal style in your country although it might look similar :)

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
Here in the US of A, we eat foods from just about every countrym I guess. 'Course, the typical All-American meal would be a hamburger and fries with a tall glass of coco-cola. and the food differs through the differant regions, too. Like, here in the South, fried chicken, catfish stew, and okra is a way of life.

butter_chicken.jpg
Yummy!!!

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
Some of the most famous dishes, scanned from the take-out menu at Cevabdzinica Hodzic in Sarajevo.

Begova Corba (Governor's Soup, roughly $1 US)
11159635495.jpg

Bosanska Sabija (Bosnian Sword, roughly $5 US)
11159635530.jpg

Cevapcici (Bosnian Kebabs, roughly $1.75 US)
11159635566.jpg

Palcinci (Pancakes, they're a desert in Bosnia, roughly $1.75 US)
11159635639.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The coke I could handle, but everything else, BLAH!:sad: KFC doesn't even offer coke, so I'm abit confused by that one.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A dozen dishes per person per meal? Only one or two bites per dish?
Post #1 can't be real, or Korean dishwashers must be HUGE!

Personally I say art is art and food is fuel. Why the artistic presentation when it's only going to be chewed up and swallowed?

I'm a great advocate of Black Broth.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Well, I can really 'go to town' on this one; the Belgian part of me can lay claim to Waffles, and Belgian Chocolate (neuhaus being one of the top quality ones) - mind, that'll set you back US$ 50, according to the internet.

English part, roast Beef and Yorkshire pudding, horseradish sauce............

My hallf Spanish wife, well, there's Paella, lentill stews, and other delicacies.

I think the kids can eat almost anything.

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
Hmm I never heard of okra....will do some findings! :)

Wow, you have not lived until you've had some real fried okra!!!!!

Okra is a vegetable that is simultaneously slimy and hairy. I cant' stand it, personally.

It's a southern thang...wait, no, u live in georgia!:confused: nm, how do you like grits?

spacemonkey

Pneumatic Spiritualist
Luke Wolf said:
The coke I could handle, but everything else, BLAH!:sad: KFC doesn't even offer coke, so I'm abit confused by that one.

KFC is owned by a "spin-off" company of Pepsi called Yum! Brands (the exclamation point is part of the title:cover: ) based out of my own home town of Louisville, KY.:eek:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yum%21_Brands%2C_Inc.

Most Kentuckians agree that Pepsi ruined KFC by using inferior quality product, which is sad because I remember when people would get Kentucky Fried Chicken as their Sunday dinner after church (that's how good it was):( .

Smoke

Done here.
Ðanisty said:
Okra is a vegetable that is simultaneously slimy and hairy. I cant' stand it, personally.
I was never a big admirer of okra, either; I'd eat it if my mom fried it, but that was about it. Nothing steamed, and no gumbo. I worked at a restaurant in New Orleans where they had delicious gumbo, though, and the okra wasn't slimy at all. I asked the chef about it, and she said to bake or microwave the okra first. It helps a lot.

Circle_One said:
In Canada KFC has coke..
Yeah, but they still have KFC -- worst fried chicken I've ever eaten, bar none. In South Carolina there's a persistent urban legend that it's not really chicken at all, but some kind of genetically engineered mutant chicken-like critter. ;)

I don't have any pictures, but my favorite meal at the moment is salmon tacos on soft flour tortillas, with a big salad on the side. My better half prefers spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread; he doesn't care about the salad, but he gets one anyway. I've taken to using shrimp instead of meatballs, and he likes that just as much.

I grew up with different kinds of cooking. On my dad's side of the family, they eat a lot of German dishes; on my mom's side, it's Southern cooking all the way. (But my family are hillbillies, and they don't eat a lot of grits.) I can best describe the latter with a story:

When I was a younger, I'd often drive to North Carolina and drop in on my granny unexpectedly. One afternoon I walked into the kitchen and saw the table laid with food: a chicken, a ham, green beans, peas, corn, mashed potatoes, gravy, biscuits, cornbread, a cake and two or three fruit pies. All of it homemade, mind you, and much of it home grown. Granny was surprised to see me. "Honey," she said, "If I'da knowed you was comin', I'da cooked!" ;)