• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does your country's meal looks like?

kateyes

due to watching my weight and cholesteral I eat alot of this now days:
istockphoto_233912_salad_chef_salad.jpg

But my favorite meal is this:

fried okra:

Fried_Okra.jpg

served with this:

F-food-photography-141.jpg
chicken fried steak and biscuits with cream gravy--

And this would be dessert:

1655_l.jpg

If I am very good I get it all about 2 times a year.

Ðanisty

Anade said:
It's a southern thang...wait, no, u live in georgia!:confused: nm, how do you like grits?
I don't eat grits. I hate them even more than okra.

kateyes, can you explain to me exactly what is a chicken fried steak?

kateyes

Chicken fried steak--there are variations--but generally it is round steak cut and pounded--then dipped in buttermilk, the flour, then fried (as the name implies--round steak cooked like country fried chicken)--the real thing is round steak--but some resturants try to be away with using cube steak--which has a different texture. For the cream gravy you use the oil from the frying--flour and cream or half and half--with lots of black pepper. I think its one of those comfort foods from your childhood things.

ayani

here in east-central Indiana it seems the most polular foods are fried or grilled. lots of meat, lots of fried / baked potatos, lots of corn.

the local mennonites grow alot of their own produce and sell it in town- cabbage, potatos, corn, tomatos, etc.

it's kind of tough to eat out as a vegetarian. but possible. i don't think you could be vegan around here unless you bought / grew all your own food special.

Capt. Haddock

Evil Mouse
I'll throw one in for my birthplace, Uruguay.

Barbecue? That's not a barbecue. THIS is a barbecue:
asado1.jpg

No sauces or marinades to water down the flavor of the meat. Just a little salt and pepper. Side salads are for sissies. EVERY part of the cow or sheep is tasty: brains, tongue, big intestine, little intestine. Mmmm.

Ðanisty

kateyes said:
Chicken fried steak--there are variations--but generally it is round steak cut and pounded--then dipped in buttermilk, the flour, then fried (as the name implies--round steak cooked like country fried chicken)--the real thing is round steak--but some resturants try to be away with using cube steak--which has a different texture. For the cream gravy you use the oil from the frying--flour and cream or half and half--with lots of black pepper. I think its one of those comfort foods from your childhood things.
So basically a chicken fried steak has absolutely nothing to do with chicken. Perhaps the implication of the name isn't as clear as people think.

kateyes

Ðanisty said:
So basically a chicken fried steak has absolutely nothing to do with chicken. Perhaps the implication of the name isn't as clear as people think.

You are correct--it is in essence steak cooked like fried chicken.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
My country’s population comprises people of many different ethnic backgrounds. We have Indian food, African food, Chinese food (my favourite), we have regular junk food such as Pizza Hut, KFC etc. We even have TGI’s (which I find is very expensive). The Indian food here is not as spicy as the food in India because we use different seasonings and not as many spices. The Indians here love to flavour their food with hot pepper though. We eat a lot of pepper.

akshar

Im indian so i literally eat chilli powder. I have so muuch food everyday, indian food is so mouthwatering, when i get what i want i eat like a pig, but sadly for a traditional englishman its FISH N' CHIPS