• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does Leviathan symbolize to the LHP?

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
One definition of Leviathan that I subscribe to is that It is the Eternal Serpent of the Abyss. The primordial churning, boiling abyss of choas from which came into being all other primordial life within this Universe. Leviathan could also be seen as the first principle of perpetual existence through the continual Remanifestation of Being.

Xeper and Remanifest.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
One definition of Leviathan that I subscribe to is that It is the Eternal Serpent of the Abyss. The primordial churning, boiling abyss of choas from which came into being all other primordial life within this Universe. Leviathan could also be seen as the first principle of perpetual existence through the continual Remanifestation of Being.

Xeper and Remanifest.
/Adramelek\

So pretty much what Aquino says in The Statement of Leviathan?

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
"The Eye of Set
Made Love to Nun
And then came forth into being
Leviathan, the Eternal Serpent,
Primal Father of All Creation...
From which was spawned the primordial ones,
From whom we are spawned -
The Children of Darkness."

Reyn Til Runa!
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Orias

Left Hand Path
Well, another way of looking at it is that the Diabolican is pretty much what Michael Aquino was able to write down.

Language is funny like that isn't it?

Even for the most advanced speakers and communicators of empathy, there is rough patches in the mind and tongue.

jasonwill2

idk if im lhp or not but ive been posting in the thread a bunch recently so i figured i would weigh in. to me it represents the uncontroable nature of the mind. how human thought consious or unconsious is out strongest most unstopable force. even chained and enslaved the beast is still strong and wild. you can never fully stop the power of the mind and todo so invites disaster.

That makes sense, something as massive as Leviathan would need to be unstoppable by the sheer momentum of it's mass. To me Leviathan is the personification of the mystery of the Cosmos put into a sea monster. The miles deep Ocean representing our 15 billion wide area of known space and the beast itself being a symbol of how we cannot fathom the immensity of the scales of the Universe at hand. It conveys to me a certian apprehension you get when I was first able to swallow how large some stars are just COMPARED TO OUR SUN, which is 110 times bigger than the earth. As I have studied astronomy the scales very quickly get to a point to where it is literally impossible to show things so scale in both size and distance (mentally or physically) or not and still comprehend it.

So for it to represent an unstoppable force, to me I think Leviathan might represent how the forces of nature (gravity, action and reaction, ect ect) can't be stopped... like a Quasar ripping itself apart in a spectacular dance of destruction as stars are literally ripped apart on the outer most edges of its disks and as particles are shot literally thousands or even millions of light years into extragalactic space at speeds up to near the speed of light.

Leviathan, when I think about it, represents to me the sheer "wtf" of how scary the Universe is with the scales of size and forces at hand.

But it seems you guys think it's more spiritual than that, so I'm going to try and just say that all this babbling of mine is metaphorical for the human subconscious.

But wait... if Leviathan represents that unstoppable force of both physical nature (physical laws, ect ect) AND our subconscious...

...Oh my god, that is exactly what The Darkness is. I've been worshiping Leviathan as well as Satan and have not known it! Could it be that my pantheistic god is Leviathan all along?!

I always thought that the Leviathan of Thomas Hobbes is also relevant. Though his books were about how to "cure" it, he was one of the early people to acknowledge on paper, humanity's innate savagery.

His choice of the name Leviathan was almost certainly inspired by the religious meme.

hmmm. I heard that name before, but can't say I read any of his stuff.

yes but it can always be directed.

Perhaps in an extremely rough and crude manner. Something as massive as this can only relatively change it's course, as it's momentum is (metaphorically) so great.

I say Satan is The Adversary and Lucifer is the illuminated being. They are not the same, in my opinion at least.

The reason he asked was because you said "baphomet/Lucifer". Baphomet was the Templar's symbol for Satan. Just as well, Baphomet in the inverted Pentagram is used by the CoS. That is why he thought you said that.

Here's my line of though:

The Absolute <= Leviathan <= Enlightenment <= Baphomet / Lucifer <= The Abyss / Awakening Leviathan <= Set <= Satan <= Temporal, unspiritual existence.

Wait, what? Somehow the different LHP religions are stepping stones like gnostic levels of metaphorical divineness?

I don't get what you are saying.

--=--==-

I have underlined my moment of divine realization; that rambling lead me to finding a very important missing piece in the chain of my metaphysics.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
so i have been think about this and ive been thinking that the leviathan has both internal and external meaning representation and what not

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
jason i like what you said about leviathan . and im using a dualistic inner and outter model im adopting what you said for my external model

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Title says it all. I am hoping for a semi-detailed description of what Leviathan represents. Obviously eternal and unstoppable power residing in the choatic waves of subconsiousness. But what in the world does that mean? Is Leviathan the kundalini serpent? Etc etc etc
The symbol of chaos in the chaoskampf. Typhon, Tiamat, Jormungandr, etc.

I guess that would mean it symbolizes the unconscious or id being overshadowed (not overtaken) by the conscious or super-ego/ego.