• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Does It Mean to Live Passionately?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
What does it mean to live a passionate life?

How does one go about becoming passionate about their life?

Can you live life passionately without being true to yourself?

Is it possible to live both a passionate life and a life that lacks authenticity?

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Live fast, love hard, and die young.;) .........Embrace Life with zest and love every minute of it.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
What does it mean to live a passionate life?

How does one go about becoming passionate about their life?

I'm passionate about my life, by that I mean I love it, I embrace what it throws up, I revel in it. I intend to squeeze everything I can from it.
I think one becomes passionate by taking the handbrake off.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Live fast, love hard, and die young.;) .........Embrace Life with zest and love every minute of it.

Is that all it means to live passionately? Is living passionately no more than a matter of living feverishly?

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Sunstone,
For the benefit, just find the synonyms of both the words PASSIONATE & INTENSE.
Find in the list of synonym for INTENSe the word passionate is included.
Therefore both the words mean the same.
love & rgds

Synonym Collection v1.1Main Entry: passionatePart of Speech: adjectiveSynonyms: affectionate, aflame, amorous, ardent, avid, emphatic, enthusiastic, fervent, fervid, fierce, fiery, flaming, frenetic, heated, hot-tempered, hotblooded, impassioned, intense, lustful, peppery, perfervid, romantic, sensual, steamy, stimulated, sultry, torrid, vehement

Synonym Collection v1.1Main Entry: intensePart of Speech: adjectiveSynonyms: acute, ardent, blistering, burning, comprehensive, consuming, consummatory, deep, earnest, emphatic, extreme, fervent, fierce, hard, inspissated, intensive, keen, passionate, powerful, profound, rabid, severe, strained, strong, vehement, violent, vivid, zealous

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Friend Sunstone,
For the benefit, just find the synonyms of both the words PASSIONATE & INTENSE.
Find in the list of synonym for INTENSe the word passionate is included.
Therefore both the words mean the same.
love & rgds

Synonym Collection v1.1Main Entry: passionatePart of Speech: adjectiveSynonyms: affectionate, aflame, amorous, ardent, avid, emphatic, enthusiastic, fervent, fervid, fierce, fiery, flaming, frenetic, heated, hot-tempered, hotblooded, impassioned, intense, lustful, peppery, perfervid, romantic, sensual, steamy, stimulated, sultry, torrid, vehement

Synonym Collection v1.1Main Entry: intensePart of Speech: adjectiveSynonyms: acute, ardent, blistering, burning, comprehensive, consuming, consummatory, deep, earnest, emphatic, extreme, fervent, fierce, hard, inspissated, intensive, keen, passionate, powerful, profound, rabid, severe, strained, strong, vehement, violent, vivid, zealous

Let's not argue semantics. The words are not identical in all their meanings and I was not using them as synonyms. I've altered my post to clarify my meaning.

Alex_G

Enlightner of the Senses
To live passionately has to be a subjective assesment of ones life (or more specifically the events or actions that occure that help define that life). It can be self assessed or by another. Passion being the complex and strong emotion involving enthusiasm, intrest, desire etc. So if one treated such life events with this associated emotion, then one could be considered to have lived passionately.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Is that all it means to live passionately? Is living passionately no more than a matter of living feverishly?
No but if you don't find some joy and fun in it then what kind of life is it? Live each day like it is the last. Like I said embrace it, give it your all, make each day count.
Look forward to every day and make the best of it.;)