• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Does it Mean for God to Bless Something?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
As I understand it, it's to bring something or someone into God's favor, or to bestow His will and/or happiness upon someone.

I'm probably wrong though. I usually am.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Within the context of my own tradition, for the gods to bless something would mean one or more of:
  • Auspice and Synchronicity. For example, when Summer Solstice coincides with Full Moon, when Winter Solstice coincides with Dark Moon; these energies align with and correspond to each other, making the sacred day especially blessed or significant.
  • Invocation and Evocation. For example, pulling up the Earth Current and drawing down the Sky Current; calling upon a particular god or spirit to be present as an ally for ritual working or spellcraft within oneself (invocation) or in one's space (evocation).
  • Gratitude and Thanks. For example, blessing sleeping seeds at MidWinter or blessing the harvest at Autumn Equinox; an expression of gratitude for the workings of the gods continuing to flow in a way that sustains our lives.
  • Hope and Fortune. For example, may the Winds carry you onwards and the Sun warm your skin; words that aim to invoke the blessings of the gods for one's future good fortune and bring hope for that which is yet to come.
I might be missing some, but those are the main ones.