• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does it actually mean to be saved in Christianity?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Early human fossils and archeological remains offer the most important clues about this ancient past. These remains include bones, tools and any other evidence (such as footprints, evidence of hearths, or butchery marks on animal bones) left by earlier people.Oct 27, 2020.......
Yes, agree 'remains offer important clues' but how can you prove 200,000 years __________
How do you personally know 200,000 is accurate.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I believe that those verses refer to what will happen when Christ returns in the end times, which I believe has already happened.

It says there will be a time of distress such as has not been made to occur since there came to be a nation until that time. We can see that in the world right now if we are looking. And during that time every one who is found written down in the book will escape. This refers to the Book of God that has already been written; God is all-knowing so God knows what everyone's fate will be. When Christ returns some people who were spiritually dead will awake to everlasting life, which is a state of the soul that is near to God.
This verse means exactly what it says: the unrighteous will be cut off from everlasting life and the righteous will have everlasting life. If you read the preceding verses you will understand who Jesus considered the righteous ones:
Matthew 25:35-45 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Since Daniel 2:44-45 happens before Christ returns ushering in his millennial reign over Earth, than scripturally the answer is that such ' returning ' has Not yet happened, nor has 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3 yet happened.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Since Daniel 2:44-45 happens before Christ returns ushering in his millennial reign over Earth, than scripturally the answer is that such ' returning ' has Not yet happened, nor has 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3 yet happened.
What do you think Daniel 2:44-45 means?
Why do you think that Daniel 2:44-45 will happen before Christ returns?
I believe that Daniel 2:44 refers to what will happen after Christ returns. A kingdom will be set up on Earth that will never be destroyed, it will stand forever.

44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

1 Thessalonians 5:2-3 has already happened.
Baha'u'llah came as a thief in the night, in the clouds of men's ignorance. He also came with power and great glory, and there is no contradiction because those people who were not veiled in clouds saw that power and great glory.

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
What do you think Daniel 2:44-45 means?
Why do you think that Daniel 2:44-45 will happen before Christ returns?
I believe that Daniel 2:44 refers to what will happen after Christ returns. A kingdom will be set up on Earth that will never be destroyed, it will stand forever.
44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever. 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3 has already happened.
Baha'u'llah came as a thief in the night, in the clouds of men's ignorance. He also came with power and great glory, and there is no contradiction because those people who were not veiled in clouds saw that power and great glory.
Jesus is the symbolic ' stone ' and that ' stone ' (Jesus) is still aiming headed for the HUGE political statue's feet.
It has Not yet struck the feet. We are at the time of the statue's toes, or more like the time of the toe nails !

The powers that be have No yet been saying, " Peace and Safety... " or "Peace and Security...." because that saying is the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14; Revelation 7:9.