• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does demon possession mean to you?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
How about Bronze Age ignorance and superstition.
Demon possession is real. Since you aren't familiar with the occult, you are unaware of that.

"Demon possession", although a bit generalized, as a description, is a main feature in the occult.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
There is occult with possession, and occult without possession. The lines here can get blurred, though, when nonpossession occult is practiced in a certain manner.

sooda

Veteran Member
Demon possession is real. Since you aren't familiar with the occult, you are unaware of that.

"Demon possession", although a bit generalized, as a description, is a main feature in the occult.

LOLOL.. I don't believe in the supernatural or the occult. I am surprised that you do. Its superstitious BS.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
I believe he is absolutely wrong that that is always the case. No doubt the psych can cause a lot of trouble for instance in paranoia which is the most common mental problem the psyche remembers a bad event and causes the person to avoid circumstances because of it. It doesn't takeover the brain but does influence it. For instance I broke my arm roller skating to the tune of "Living on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi. Now when I hear that song on the radio I drive more carefully. My brain understands that the action is irrational but is not possessed by it just influenced. That is not how demonic influence and possession work. Granted the demons do look for a weak spot and a psychic problem might just be that.
There are no demons. Have you ever been in a possession trance?

Muffled

Jesus in me
It's an outdated thought, or so I hope.

I suppose you are going to tell me that demons are not real but just illogical thinking. I believe my experience and my wife's say otherwise. It isn't thinking but is the word of God who knows everything and our experiences back that up in modern times.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I suppose you are going to tell me that demons are not real but just illogical thinking. I believe my experience and my wife's say otherwise. It isn't thinking but is the word of God who knows everything and our experiences back that up in modern times.

No, not real...