• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think is the greatest man made invention?

Apotheosis

Controlled Fire counts, and anti-biotics that were engineered by humans are human inventions. But you cant claim that oxygen is mans greatest invention....can you?

ChrisP

Veteran Member
FeathersinHair said:
Thanks, Michel! *hides behind brave knight*

Editted to add Thanks for the badgers, Kreeden! *aims them at the furby*

JS, they are especially scary at 3 in the morning! That's when they make a little shuddering sound and their eyes snap open. You might be sitting, reading peacefully, with cats on your lap (that's assuming you have them) and suddenly a freakish sounding voice will bellow "Hungry!"

And even if you shut it in the freezer and you can't hear it, you will still know it's doing this.
They always remind me of gremlins :help: Scary ugly beasties!

The wheel is good, beer is better and without women, men everywhere would go crazy; BUT...

What would you do every day with millions of people everywhere walking around half asleep till midday all because there is NO COFFEE!!!

I'm sure you all agree Life would truly be over as we know it. :D

Pussyfoot Mouse

Super Mom
I will have to go with the printing press. Mostly because my husband is a printer. And without the printing press I wouldn't have all the nice things I have today. :p

Neo-Logic

Reality Checker
Apotheosis said:
Religion..the Greatest?
Indeed. Religion is the greatest man made concept/invention in my opinion. It has united uncommon people under the sancity and protection of an affiliation, gave ignorant people a set of religious morals to abide by, promoted social harmony, gave hope to countless millions, and created a sense of belonging, just to name a few.

On the other hand ... religion has helped to fuel wars, battles, crusades, massacres, genocides, and have otherwise seperated humanity by religious affiliations.

I think it would be more accurate to say that religion is the greatest and most awesome man made concept/invention.

Pussyfoot Mouse

Super Mom
Religion wasn't an invention but a belief. Without the printing press Religion wouldn't be what it is today. The printing press was what sold the Christian religion to the people, afterall the Bible was the first book to be printed.

Ardent Listener

The thermostate. If your too hot, turn it cooler. If your too cold, turn it warmer. You can live in any climate you wish with just the touch of the dial.:)

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
the spork...
that someone could spend the time to come up with an invention that was useless as both a fork and a spoon and get it into prodution is truely amazing.

Long live the spork!!

wa:do

M

Majikthise

Art. It sparks the imagination to invent everything.
Barring that , the finger. I LOVE THAT ONE.:p :D

Neo-Logic

Reality Checker
Pussyfoot Mouse said:
Religion wasn't an invention but a belief. Without the printing press Religion wouldn't be what it is today. The printing press was what sold the Christian religion to the people, afterall the Bible was the first book to be printed.
A belief that is generated, much like as if it were invented. Religion gives a set of social laws, helps people deal with deaths of loved one and grief, helps to grow a morally sound conscious, and all that other "good stuff."

I would still say religion, but if not that, my choices would have to be narrowed down to ... (don't really know if anyone has said these or not) music, language, art, and mathematics.