• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think evil is?

WhyIsThatSo

Well done. You just contradicted your own argument

"If it were not for an "unknown force" that holds and binds said "everything" together there would be no "reality","
Endquote

Yes reality is quantum, lots and lots of quantum.

Yes, and can you say "illusion" ?
NOTHING is what it "appears" to be.

WhyIsThatSo

Wrong, history is written by the winners, they can lie as much as they want.

DNA is not written by people

that's correct, and if any major discovery is made in any scientific endeavor that upsets the apple cart,
it's immediately swept under the rug.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Yes, and can you say "illusion" ?
NOTHING is what it "appears" to be.

You can say what you want, reality does not need your approval to be real.

Most things are precisely what they appear to be. A brick is a brick, a raindrop is a raindrop.

WhyIsThatSo

You can say what you want, reality does not need your approval to be real.

Most things are precisely what they appear to be. A brick is a brick, a raindrop is a raindrop.

yes, and "water" is a liquid,
no, wait, water can be a solid too,
no, wait, water can be a gas also...

Which is it in "reality" ?

ChristineM

Premium Member
that's correct, and if any major discovery is made in any scientific endeavor that upsets the apple cart,
it's immediately swept under the rug.

And DNA still does not lie. If you cannot provide citation or link for your objection to fact then there is no point in going on wasting time with silly and meaningless comments about what you dont seem to understand

ChristineM

Premium Member
yes, and "water" is a liquid,
no, wait, water can be a solid too,
no, wait, water can be a gas also...

Which is it in "reality" ?

Water is water, ice is frozen water and steam is water vapour, all real,why do you have a problem with this.

Oh and water was a bad example, at the tripple point (0.01c at 6.1166mbar) water can be all 3 states

WhyIsThatSo

And DNA still does not lie. If you cannot provide citation or link for your objection to fact then there is no point in going on wasting time with silly and meaningless comments about what you dont seem to understand

Of course, that must be why archeologist are constantly changing their "evolution table"
to account for all the "theories" they thought they knew as far as human biological evolution.

WhyIsThatSo

Water is water, ice is frozen water and steam is water vapour, all real,why do you have a problem with this.

Oh and water was a bad example, at the tripple point (0.01c at 6.1166mbar) water can be all 3 states

And in it's monatomic state....it DISAPPEARS altogether.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Of course, that must be why archeologist are constantly changing their "evolution table"
to account for all the "theories" they thought they knew as far as human biological evolution.

So you cannot provide evidence for your bogus hunches?

Constantly what? Evidence for this claim please

ChristineM

Premium Member
What ?..... you are unfamiliar with monatomic elements ?
Well, don't expect "science" to clue you in on it anytime soon.

Disappears?
Evidence that anything disappears please
Evidence that the first law of thermodynamics is wrong

This i must see, can i have half your Nobel prize money for drawing this feat of scientific magic out of you magnificent brain please

WhyIsThatSo

Disappears?
Evidence that anything disappears please
Evidence that the first law of thermodynamics is wrong

This i must see, can i have half your Nobel prize money for drawing this feat of scientific magic out of you magnificent brain please

stay tuned

SaintUriah

What do you think evil is?

Here are my thoughts. I hope you will share yours:

I believe “evil” is more than a mere adjective, more than a word we use to describe someone who is cruel, selfish, wicked, or depraved…

I believe it is an objective tendency within this world that acts upon individual humans - I see it as a sociological force

I believe there is an intelligent being behind this force who is more than simply a personification of evil – he directs a very powerful challenge against the rule of God’s Kingdom and has many millions under his spell. You know his name and I know his name, there is no need to give power to him by mentioning it (it begins with "S"!)

I believe this intelligent force functions as an adversary to God, who is good

I believe that in the future evil will stop being a force in this world (and the world that will replace this one) as it will be no longer be necessary during such future dispensations. Yes, there will be good and not-so-good people but evil will have ceased being an objective tendency.

Question: what does it mean to call another person “evil”? Is it an innate internal moral condition or are there environmental, external factors at work that make good people do evil things? Or a bit of both? - what do you think evil is???

S is a father of demons like Adam

There are believers as with solomon and Muhammed But many soldiers Humans is there enemy Adam sons

Was Archangel Before it falls because Adam

He has a soul But do not die like His descendants

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
DNA analysis is a very modern discovery, and still in infancy as far as what genetic biologist actually "know".
Perhaps they will eventually get to the point where they understand more about it, but for now they are just
children playing with fire.

:rolleyes:

I'ld love to see you use that as a "defense" if you happen to find yourself in a courtcase disputing that your biological child is your biological child while DNA testing proves it is actually your biological child.

Only a child's mentality would call something so precious...."junk", because they don't know what it's for.

Geneticists understand pretty well what DNA is for and how it works.

WhyIsThatSo

:rolleyes:

I'ld love to see you use that as a "defense" if you happen to find yourself in a courtcase disputing that your biological child is your biological child while DNA testing proves it is actually your biological child.

Geneticists understand pretty well what DNA is for and how it works.[/

Yes, like many people "understand" many things....."pretty well".

ChristineM

Premium Member
Don't worry, it's coming..
just trying to decide if I want to embarrass you or not.

If you can disprove the 1st law of thermodynamics then feel free to embarrass whoever you want, you will have earned it

But what i am expecting us more waffle and woo with confusion, misunderstanding, misrepresentation and nonsense thrown in as is typical among those who have an agenda but no clue how to actually do anything about it