• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think about .........

Octavia156

OTO/EGC
The ToS System closely mirrors Crowley's Thelemic Mystic system of the A.'.A.'.

Here's how Ordo A.'.A.'. define the grade of the Magus 2=9:

The Grade of Magus is described in Liber I vel Magi, and there are accounts of its character in Liber 418 in the Higher Aethyrs.

There is also a full and precise description of the attainment of this Grade in the Magical Record of the Beast 666.

The essential characteristic of the Grade is that its possessor utters a Creative Magical Word, which transforms the planet on which he lives by the installation of new officers to preside over its initiation. This can take place only at an “Equinox of the Gods” at the end of an “Aeon;” that is, when the secret formula which expresses the Law of its action becomes outworn and useless to its further development.
(Thus “Suckling” is the formula of an infant: when teeth appear it marks a new “Aeon,” whose “Word” is “Eating.”)

A Magus can therefore only appear as such to the world at intervals of some centuries; accounts of historical Magi, and their Words, are given in Liber Aleph.

This does not mean that only one man can attain this Grade in any one Aeon, so far as the Order is concerned. A man can make personal progress equivalent to that of a “Word of the Aeon;” but he will identify himself with the current word, and exert his will to establish it, lest he conflict with the work of the Magus who uttered the Word of the Aeon in which He is living.

The Magus is pre-eminently the Master of Magick, that is, his will is entirely free from internal diversion or external opposition; His work is to create a new Universe in accordance with His Will. He is the Master of the Law of Change (Anicca).

To attain the Grade of Ipsissimus he must accomplish three tasks, destroying the Three Guardians mentioned in Liber 418, the 3rd Aethyr; Madness, and Falsehood, and Glamour, that is, Duality in Act, Word and Thought.

ONE STAR IN SIGHT - AC

It is in light of the above quote that I, as a Thelemite, can never accept Mr Aquino as a 'Magus' this time.

Last edited:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Concerning the original subcontext of this thread about Aeonic Words. I would like to give my personal view of the Words "Xeper" and "Remanifestation". Firstly I would like to say that the notion that certain Aeonic and Aeon-Enhancing Words Uttered by Magi within the ToS only concern members of the ToS is, in my opinion, an un-truth. For the purpose of this post I would like to focus on the Words Xeper and Remanifestation; which to me, are universal in their Magical effects upon the Universe.

Firstly, yes, Xeper when Uttered by Michael Aquino was an eclectic remanifestation of a verb which has existed since the times of ancient Egypt. A verb which illustrates the Transformation of what mankind was millions of years ago to that which we are today. However, without Remanifestation, Xeper can only be a one time event. Therefore, "Re-Manifestation" a prefix "Re" attached to a verb "manifestation" defines the process Xeper and Remanifest - these Words combined define the GBM Process of psyche centeric evolution which encompasses the entire human race since the deliberate infusion of the Black Gift within our DNA in aeons past. "Re-manifest" is the act of continually practicing the powers and abilities of one's newly established being in lesser and greater ways in accord with one's desire and state of mind.

This same process is exprienced by the progressive musician or martial artist or any aspiring human being who seeks to actualize themselves further. And is also experienced by the Universe itself ever since it Came Into Being, and as it continues to perpetually expand and evolve. Again, as it is applied to sentient beings, it is by applying the knowledge, wisdom, essence of being, and force of mind and will which one has thus far attained through Xeper, to his continuing Work, which enables him to uncover even deeper mysteries and further extend the horizon of his individual Path of Darkness - this is the essence of Remanifestation and is also the Key to the Evolutionary Process known as "Setamorphosis".

You only limit yourself by what you think you can or cannot do. Xeper and Remanifestation shows us not just what we have become, but also reveals to us what we are truly further capable of doing or Becoming, whether one is a Setian or an aspiring, ambitious human being who possesses real talent and ability, and who seeks to become more than just the sum of their parts.

"From the primordial depths I am risen up and am Become Transformed like the mighty Xepera, with the wings of the falcon I soar the Infinite."

Xepera-Xeper-Xeperu= "The Self Created god Creates Creations."
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Valor

OK, look people, I've said my peace. I'm not saying anybody is right or wrong concerning the topic of "climate change". Again, I simply do not buy into any of it, as I see no convincing evidence that it is true. And until I do, my opinion stays as it is. This is all I have to say about the "matter", I have far more pressing endevours to concern myself with in my life and "climate change" quite frankly isn't even on the list. When the polar ice caps actually do in reality begin to melt and the oceans actually do in reality begin to rise, then I will know I was wrong. :p This is all I have to say about the "matter".

Mackinnon and i were only asking you question adremelek. I hope i didn't offend? But i understand your stance. :)

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Personally, I am of the opinion that the Aeon of Set is in its infancy, it has been decribed as a "fledgling Aeon" by some Masters of the Temple of Set. I will also add that, I personally think that the Aeon of Set will be the last "Aeon" upon this world, and will bring forth into being the Fourth Ordering of Life as spoken of in the Sixth Part of the Word of Set. Remember - think carefully of the Word of Set for it is given in witness to the Bond between the Dark Lord and humankind:

"Beyond you who are of the third ordering shall be those of the fourth, mighty in the Universe, who shall again come into being by a First, to recall the high orderings of the past and to witness those of the lower orderings in their mindless self-annihilation and labor, and to continue the exalted tradition of the second and third orderings. Remember my Word, because it is for you and of the power within you, and through it you shall create works of glory to you and to me." Set - the Sixth Part of the Word of Set.

Xeper and Remanifest!
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

KHPR

Social Meritocratist
The ToS System closely mirrors Crowley's Thelemic Mystic system of the A.'.A.'.
It is in light of the above quote that I, as a Thelemite, can never accept Mr Aquino as a 'Magus' this time.

While there are some similarities, the ToS wasn't based on the A.'.A.'. and as far as your comment on not being able to accept Dr. Aquino as a Magus, we don't care. This is the Setian DIR, not the Themite DIR. The Jews didn't think Jesus was the new Mesiah either.

Xeper,
Magister Robert Adams
Host, KHPR: The Voice of Darkness

KHPR

Social Meritocratist
Personally, I am of the opinion that the Aeon of Set is in its infancy, it has been decribed as a "fledgling Aeon" by some Masters of the Temple of Set. I will also add that, I personally think that the Aeon of Set will be the last "Aeon" upon this world, and will bring forth into being the Fourth Ordering of Life as spoken of in the Word of Set.

Xeper and Remanifest!
/Adramelek\

I would have to agree. While 35 years may feel like a long time to some of the people here, it's a short period of time. I was speaking with our HP the other day and she was looking towards what we can predict in the next 18 years and I had to laugh. If I had said 18 years ago that today you would be able to hold a computer in your hand and have a video conference with someone on the other side of the world everyone would think I was nuts.

Xeper,
Magister Robert Adams

ktf

While there are some similarities, the ToS wasn't based on the A.'.A.'. and as far as your comment on not being able to accept Dr. Aquino as a Magus, we don't care. This is the Setian DIR, not the Themite DIR. The Jews didn't think Jesus was the new Mesiah either.[/i]

Xeper,
Magister Robert Adams

I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I could not prove it but I KNEW IT! M. Aquino is the Second Coming of Christ, Thelemites are the new Jews refusing to recognize the true Aeonic Messiah, Setianism is the new Aeonic Christianity, and the Temple of Set is the Holy Rock upon which Aquino Christ has decided to build His Church! Bring My Great Nobles To Me!!! HALLELUJA!

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I could not prove it but I KNEW IT! M. Aquino is the Second Coming of Christ, Thelemites are the new Jews refusing to recognize the true Aeonic Messiah, Setianism is the new Aeonic Christianity, and the Temple of Set is the Holy Rock upon which Aquino Christ has decided to build His Church! Bring My Great Nobles To Me!!! HALLELUJA!

Lmao!! In a sense, though as humorous as it may be, you do have a point here. No offence to Magister Adams but I think he could have worded his post a bit differently. The way he did word it it was bound to get replies such as yours. Then again perhaps his words were deliberate, like an LBM experiment, to see if it would get the sort of response you just put forth. ;) Knowing Magister Adams it was more than likely the later. :p

Last edited:

MacKinnon

Nothing wrong with giving an example of a previous Magus who was regarded with derision and has now become legendary. Lets not forget that Magi typically do not, as Michael Aquino has not, announced themselves as the 'saviour' of mankind.

The point was that such derision does not, and did not detract from the Work of the Magus.

ktf

Oh believe me Adramelek I have no doubt at all that every single utterance of a high grade initiate of the Holy Temple would be nothing less than a Working of LBM. I would never be tricked into believing that such a high initiate would use that as an after thought excuse...never would I believe such obvious blasphemy. In fact, a member of the sacred Magistery of the Holy Temple, being a master of the objective universe, more than likely caused my actions through some powerful magick that a non-initiate like myself could never understand anyway. I should just be thankful to have the opportunity to be involved.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Nothing wrong with giving an example of a previous Magus who was regarded with derision and has now become legendary. Lets not forget that Magi typically do not, as Michael Aquino has not, announced themselves as the 'saviour' of mankind.

The point was that such derision does not, and did not detract from the Work of the Magus.

Excellent point MacKinnon! No Magi of the ToS has ever claimed to be some sort of "messiah". And the Temple of Set org was not brought into being in order to save humanity, but rather to function as a sanctum sanctorum for those who seek the knowledge of the Black Flame and as a Magical university for those who seek to school themselves in the practice of the Dark Arts. And also as a vehicle for the Elect to enteract with those of their own Kind - we who are known as the Children and beloved of Set.

Again, Temple of Set does not consider itself in competition with any other "Satanic" organization. For the past 35 years it has remained the only lagit Left-Hand Path school of thought and Black Magic in the world today. And for my critics; I swore many years ago that I would stand up for the Dark Lord in this world, and will stand by Him in the next. :bat: I am bound to my sacred Oath - faithfulness beyond Death!

Walhalla!
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Daelach

Setian
After all, this society is brand new, only a few hundred years old but is also the worlds leading power.

Which is just about to fall - and since nature abhors vacuum, its collaps will change also the rest of the world drmatically.

Heck...the three most powerful forces in the world is the usa,

Every military empire must found its power on its economy, and besides financial bankster "industry" (whoich produces nothing), there is not much left. The US $ will not be the world's leading currency for much longer because even the IWF is swinging around, mirroring the rising influence of the BRIC countries, most notably China. If the US cannot pay their imports with worthless green paper, this will be most crucial for oil. That is why the geostrategic wars have begun.

one of our submarines (alone) and china...

China is rising, no question. The Western idiots are giving all their know-how to China, hoping for some short-term profit. But China has not forgotten the treament it got from the West in the 19th century, and they will not permit a repetition.

The US have the power to eliminate every country, but unfortunately, they have not even the power to invade a country like Iraq and get way with it. Since ressources of all kinds is what the US need, a nuclear war would not make it.

Not only Germany has submarines which the US Navy cannot detect (means: the carriers are an easy prey), that would be harmless because Germany is clueless. No, China has demonstrated that, too. No "we just send a carrier and bob country X back into the stoneage" if China is involved. And since China is grabbing for ressources all around the world, it WILL be involved. Not to mention the rest of the BRIC club.

Energy prices rising will cause a deep and permanent recession, high unemployment (resulting in reducing energy consumption until demand meets supply, and this will be a great threat to the stability of the developed countries. Since democracy only works under good conditions, our whole way of living will change dramatically.

The good thing about all that is that the change gives plenty of free room to anyone on the borders of society. In the extremely bourgeois 50s, there was much less freedom than now. Decay is not only bad.

Could the green movement be the start of this aeon? Perhaps so.

Maybe, especially because living in a sustainable way is what we will be forced to do already in the first half of this century. This movement just anticipates by rational insight what will come as undebatable constraint for the rest of the people.

But all this has nothing to to with a disappointed ex-COS-priest founding his own little black circus. I think Aquino has misunderstood the Aeon of Set as something esoteric to be debated in a nice little armchair occult club.

Be assured, when the party starts, none of you will miss out on it (-; It won't hit you in a dark, secret, holy oh-even-greater-black-magic ritual. Just read the headlines of the newspapers; they will tell it to everyone, even to black magicians.

ViaSinistra

Okay
But all this has nothing to to with a disappointed ex-COS-priest founding his own little black circus. I think Aquino has misunderstood the Aeon of Set as something esoteric to be debated in a nice little armchair occult club.

You've made some very valid points in your reply concerning China.and the situation over all.

Im going to get some heat from ToS members for saying this but hey, i like the kitchen. Now from what i've gathered concerning the circus is this: During the time of 1975, Anton was publishing his Black Flame magazine which mr. Aquino was greatly helping and was responsible for the better articles. However he was also in charge of the moneys which were used to publish, registr and copyright. To Antons amazement he found that there was money that wasn't accounted for concerning this publication, in fact he found out exactly where it was going...in Aquinos pocket book instead. Anton was already threatened by the knowledgeable Aquino any how...so this was a good excuse to "ban" him from the Church, however Mr. Aquino caught wind of his demise and left on his own accord prior to the boot. This prompted the internal mandate...

maquino

During the time of 1975, Anton was publishing his Black Flame magazine which mr. Aquino was greatly helping and was responsible for the better articles. However he was also in charge of the moneys which were used to publish, registr and copyright. To Antons amazement he found that there was money that wasn't accounted for concerning this publication, in fact he found out exactly where it was going...in Aquinos pocket book instead. Anton was already threatened by the knowledgeable Aquino any how...so this was a good excuse to "ban" him from the Church, however Mr. Aquino caught wind of his demise and left on his own accord prior to the boot. This prompted the internal mandate...
Nope. 1971-75 I was the Editor of the Church's newsletter, The Cloven Hoof. 1971-2 I ran it off on my own mimeograph machine (there's an obsolete item!) in Louisville, KY and mailed it from there; the LaVeys just reimbursed the paper & postage. When I moved back to Santa Barbara, CA 1973-5, I mailed each issue's camera copy to the LaVeys, who printed & mailed it from San Francisco, paying those bills directly. Diane & I also handled the Church roster, so along with each camera copy I sent a set of mailing labels for that issue. Sure seems clumsy in this Internet era!

The exact and documented circumstances of the 1975 crisis are recounted in my The Church of Satan, so if you're curious, just download it from my subpage on the Temple of Set's website.

Anton never felt in the least "threatened" by me, nor vice-versa. We were two distinctly-different personalities who enjoyed the contrasts in our friendship. You'll see that amply throughout COS as well.

Michael A. Aquino

fnord

Sorcerer
Im going to get some heat from ToS members for saying this but hey, i like the kitchen.

Still like it? Difficult to spread lies when the truth is easily verifiable AND the source is still around to set (no pun intended) you straight.

Hiya Dr. Aquino... good to see you here. I don't post much here but there are other familiar monikers you'll likely recognize.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
I'm not sticking up for ViaSinistra or anything, but I would like to point out that there is a plethora of disinformation throughout the internet concerning Dr. Aquino and the Temple of Set.

I'm also not speaking for Dr. Aquino, but I would assume that his participation will be minimal and probably in regards to the historical aspects of the COS & TOS, with the occasional 'setting the record straight' blurb.

In any case it's pretty cool having him here I think. I consider him a living legend in the occult community and of course beyond that.

Still like it? Difficult to spread lies when the truth is easily verifiable AND the source is still around to set (no pun intended) you straight.

Hiya Dr. Aquino... good to see you here. I don't post much here but there are other familiar monikers you'll likely recognize.

fnord

Sorcerer
I'm not sticking up for ViaSinistra or anything, but I would like to point out that there is a plethora of disinformation throughout the internet concerning Dr. Aquino and the Temple of Set.

I'm sure I picked the wrong place to issue my snide comment and for that I do apologize.

I'm not a joiner and, as such, am not a Setian but I do very much appreciate Dr. Aquino and look to him as a teacher (as I do ASLV and many others). In my own brief exchanges with him I've found him to be courteous, wise, unfailingly polite and a veritable fount of knowledge on a great many things. I certainly don't agree with 100% of what he says But I do respect him a great deal and it irritates me when people attempt to make themselves seem larger by trying to take a bite out of Aquino. Frankly I don't know what he might or might not be guilty and/or not guilty of (if anything) but the legal system in this country is not pursuing him in any way which tells me that likely any proposed case against him was a lot of fluff and no substance.

It just seems ill mannered to me to spread rumors about the founder of the Temple of Set in the Setian DIR.

I'll pick my own places for my comments more appropriately in the future.

Eschatas

Im going to get some heat from ToS members for saying this but hey, i like the kitchen. Now from what i've gathered concerning the circus is this: During the time of 1975, Anton was publishing his Black Flame magazine which mr. Aquino was greatly helping and was responsible for the better articles. However he was also in charge of the moneys which were used to publish, registr and copyright. To Antons amazement he found that there was money that wasn't accounted for concerning this publication, in fact he found out exactly where it was going...in Aquinos pocket book instead. Anton was already threatened by the knowledgeable Aquino any how...so this was a good excuse to "ban" him from the Church, however Mr. Aquino caught wind of his demise and left on his own accord prior to the boot. This prompted the internal mandate...

Um, did you used to claim to be a Priest of Set in the Temple of Set on this forum?

If this is this your "resignation" you picked a heck of a way to do it. But I'd love to hear more.