• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you hate about Christ (Christianity)?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
No god could have created God. There has to be a starting point, in any case. That starting point is God.
That doesn't demonstrate anything. What if god has a god?
God sent the Flood to prevent even more people becoming eternally evil and thus going to Hell. I call that being kind.
Were that the case then there would be no reason for god to have his son brutally executed.

Kelly of the Phoenix

He's kind of sweet though when he's not being stern. Whimsical? He uses the term 'Dear woman' at least once. On one side he's a cool cereal box, but flip him over and he's a rocket capsule heat shield on fire.
I can't tell if he's a massive flip-flopper or just someone who is characterized per the whims of the authors.

All that has been achieved in the West in recent centuries, has been built on the foundations painfully laid by the Christian Europeans of the Dark Ages and the Middle Ages.
Pagans actually laid the foundations. If Christians hadn't been so fond of book burning, you'd know that.

E.g. how long could today's enfeebled, post-Christian Italy withstand a Muslim jihadi assault from North Africa ? - something that is pretty likely to happen, fairly soon.
Why should either of them win?

No god could have created God.
El was born of Earth and Sky, much like Cronus. Yahweh was an offspring or an in-law of El and Asherah. Most gods in the ancient world were created one way or another, usually by birth.

Death and suffering come to all, Flood or no Flood. What happens to us after death is more important, because it is everlasting.
You can't determine that. If all forms of existence will poof out after 100 trillion years, but you're only on year 5, you'll think it's eternal when it's really not.

God sent the Flood to prevent even more people becoming eternally evil and thus going to Hell. I call that being kind.
Educating people to do right is kind. Killing people You neglected to teach is cruel.

Why is there evil in the world
Most things or people aren't evil. They're just dumb. That can be fixed with education. Some people lack mirror neurons and other physiological sources of empathy. There's no real fixing that. God supposedly can, but He doesn't. God can do anything until the plot reminds us He can't because otherwise there wouldn't be a plot.

Examples ?
Don't do public prayer or ostentatious displays of worship. Does all of that most of the time.
Love thy enemies. Doesn't really go out on friendly camping trip with Satan any time soon.
Violence is bad. Assaults people with a whip.

Those are just the ones off the top of my head.

Or so you imagine.
The only way I've concluded to be loyal to Jesus and God is to leave the religions that clearly don't care what either think.

Life only exists because God created nature.
Depends on who is telling the story.

Then it was a very good imitation of Satan !
That reminds me:

Jesus calls Satan the Father of Lies. In none of his scenes does he ever lie. The NT claims the serpent is Satan. He is not. He's a lizard. That's it. Magic animals was a thing back then in storytelling. The serpent didn't deceive anyone. He's like that teacher who teaches your kid sex ed after you told them you'd rather your kids remain stupid. The serpent was the only brutally honest one in the story. God makes it sound like eating the fruit will kill them, but it's not. The fruit granted powers God didn't want to share WITH THE SPECIES HE MADE IN HIS OWN IMAGE. It's like a plumber wanting his kid to grow up to be a plumber like him and then kill the kid for picking up a wrench. God verifies the serpent's words VERBATIM. This is a characterization problem for Yahweh that will haunt Him throughout all the pages of the bible. He makes Obi Wan's "but it's from a certain POV" thing look amateurish.

Do you watch the News ?
The bible reminds me a lot of Fox News: accurate about 1 time out of 100,000 and mostly there to spite whoever the writing staff doesn't like.