• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you hate about Christ (Christianity)?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
If you hate Christ or hate Christianity, please be honest and transparent, but in a way that will educate me and perhaps others who share this interest, not in a way that violated the rules.

Though I'm a former Christian, I do not hate it or Jesus. In fact I rather like Jesus and what Christianity should be. Unfortunately it took a jog to the left when Paul got hold of it. And further unfortunate is that people follow Paulism (or Pauline Christianity), not Christianity, and their own understanding of Paulism, to boot. My view is that Paul is to Christianity what Srila Prabhupada is to Hinduism... waaaaay out there, wherever "there" is.

Come to think of it, I could probably give a more detailed answer to the question "What do you hate about Paul and what he did to Christianity?"

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I don't hate Jesus as such because he didn't have much to do with what Christianity became. He was very dead by that time. I do dislike Christianity for its denigration of human nature, its almost Gnostic dualism that puts all its hopes in some abstract afterlife instead of embracing the life and the world now, its worship of human sacrifice, its hatred of sex and narrative of blaming Eve (and all women) for the fall of man. These have all caused a lot of damage to cultures and individuals over the centuries.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Greek "democracy" was men-only and slave-owning.

Christianity invented the West from the ruins of the Graeco-Roman classical world.
Early American democracy was men-only and slave-owning, as well. You have to keep things in historical context. It was a progressive development for its time.

No, it's the Greeks who are recognized as the founders of Western civilization, not Roman Christians. No credible scholar would claim that.

Diamond

How do you know this? How can you demonstrate god does not have a god?

He failed, because there is no arguing it continued anyways.

And yet he violently killed them anyways. That's not a righteous god, but an unholy devil that would kill in such a manner with no regard or concern about the suffering and death he inflicted upon the innocent when he swept them up with the guilty, and apparently those who repented weren't a consideration either because they met the same fate.
And baddies? Aren't you supposed to refrain from judging people since you're a Christian? I mean, I'm a Luciferian and even I try to understand people and see them as people instead of their mistakes.

I have disagreed with you before, but this I very much agree with. it's why I say the bible is a freaking joke!! a big fictional storybook wrote as a tool to keep the people unacknowledged of the truth and control, cause if the God in the bible is real , he is a evil being and Christians are worshiping the very thing they claim to be against.

Catholicus

Early American democracy was men-only and slave-owning, as well. You have to keep things in historical context. It was a progressive development for its time.

No, it's the Greeks who are recognized as the founders of Western civilization, not Roman Christians. No credible scholar would claim that.

The Greek-Roman tradition collapsed - Christianity then picked up the pieces and turned them into the West. Which wouldn't otherwise exist.

For one thing, it would have been swallowed up by the Islamic civilisation.

Catholicus

Absurd? Your opinion is noted.

Interesting, lots of confirmation bias going on here, the fact remains that religion (the Catholic church) impeded education for the common person. The clergy were educated in latin, keeping this knowledge from joe blogs ensured their dominant position in the community and in the name of the church. The well off (knights, landowners etc) were also given education for basically the same reason with the addition of the math required for battle for military leaders.

By 1200? What happened to the previous 750 years, and i would not agree that education was common until well into the Renaissance.

And yet Christianity continues to decline at an unprecedented rate and given the attitude of many christians i dont see that decline easing up.

Ahh, the upper hand, the inquisitions, the witch hunts?
Church interference in the monarchies and governments was rife. Of course the monarchs were educated by the church the governments often made up of clergy.

A survey on 2012 showed 83.3% of Italy's residents are Christians, 12.4% are irreligious, atheist or agnostic, 3.7% are Muslims and 0.6% adhere to other religions.

Enfeebled?

There was no money for education for the common person - it is mainly thanks to the achievement of the Medieval Catholic civilisation that there is NOW !

The Church was often harmed by meddling from kings and barons - who (though Catholics) almost always put their own interests before those of the Church and Christianity.

Christianity is a growing religion (though Islam is growing faster). Christianity is only declining in the declining (and doomed) West. Which is a hopeful sign for Christianity.

Italian Christianity is not fervent, but largely notional - of no use to anyone.

Ah, the secular twentieth century - the eugenics, the political fanaticism, the Gulag, the concentration camps, the world wars...

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe this is a debate sight but I will go for it anyway. I love Jesus and Christianity in its essence. I hate that somebelievers think they have to persecute other believers because their views are different ie unorthodox. I get frustrated with Jesus because He will only tell me what I need to hear. I know it is for my own good but I like to know things.

Muffled

Jesus in me
So you think of peaceful Hindu like Gandhi deserves an eternity of torture?

A peaceful Muslim or Jew deserves an eternity of torture?

Because they died without accepting Jesus as Lord and savior?

And how is that just?

I guess I am more merciful than God!

I believe it is just. God can't be any more merciful than He is by providing salvation by grace.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
There was no money for education for the common person - it is mainly thanks to the achievement of the Medieval Catholic civilisation that there is NOW !

The Church was often harmed by meddling from kings and barons - who (though Catholics) almost always put their own interests before those of the Church and Christianity.

Christianity is a growing religion (though Islam is growing faster). Christianity is only declining in the declining (and doomed) West. Which is a hopeful sign for Christianity.

Italian Christianity is not fervent, but largely notional - of no use to anyone.

Ah, the secular twentieth century - the eugenics, the political fanaticism, the Gulag, the concentration camps, the world wars...

Sheesh, you have history all sewn up in your mind, bugger the facts, the Catholic church did it all

Christianity is in decline. It is still the dominant religion but is failing in all but some African countries

So you have jumped out of the middle ages, perhaps because you have no answers that are favourable for the Catholic church.

ChristineM

Premium Member
The fact that nature exists - it didn't create itself.

Didn't it? You have evidence for that statement!

Edit
I know of 28 hypothesis as to how the universe came in to existence, every one is either mathematically valid or is derived from observation of the current universe, none include the guess of god magic.

And abiogenesis is the best hypothesis given current data

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
The Greek-Roman tradition collapsed - Christianity then picked up the pieces and turned them into the West. Which wouldn't otherwise exist.

I'm not denying Christianity's contributions to the West but just saying that Christianity didn't create the West. It's roots are in Greek rationalism.

ChristineM

Premium Member

Of course the west would exist, right opposite the east

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Lucifer became Satan when he attacked God then fell from Heaven and became wholly evil.

But in Job, he still works for Yahweh. Why would he bargain with him? Leviathan and the dragon ideas come from Mesopotamian myth. It's weird that he is mentioned so few times, and has not committed many crimes or caused as many deaths as Yahweh has, yet somehow the idea is that he is evil. The idea of the devil comes from Zoroastrianism, so maybe their texts explain it more thoroughly. I will have to check that out.