• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you hate about Christ (Christianity)?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
What do you dislike about Jesus?

I ask mods to be lenient to those who vent their grievances, for I'm trying to understand hatred for Christianity and it's founder. My goal is not to stir up insults towards a Religion, but rather my goal is to understand better why people despise the religion and it's founder, and some of that can be learned even by letting them vent their hatred. I have gone through times where I hated Christianity and hated Jesus, even hated hearing the name. I'm just trying to understand why. (It's kind of difficult to hate someone who loves his enemies and forgives those who crucified him.)

If you hate Christ or hate Christianity, please be honest and transparent, but in a way that will educate me and perhaps others who share this interest, not in a way that violated the rules.

I don't want any hatred in my heart. However, there is something I still hate about Christianity. This idea that those who die without accepting Jesus as Lord and savior go to hell to be miserable for ever is just ridiculous, but so prevalent. Does he really love them? If he's going to send them to hell for simply not believing a doctrine about an unseen entity, how could that in any way be reconciled with love. He told us to love our enemies. If he doesn't follow his own advice, doesn't that make him a hypocrite? So, the hell Dogma is actually very unchristian in my opinion. To hell with it! :p

This common belief that a person cannot be enlightened, informed, rehabilitated, and convert after death bothers me as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
If you hate Christianity , might as well be honest about it. It's okay, I've had the same sentiments and understand to some degree.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I also understand that most Christians believe in that dogma of hell but not all of them. Myself being one.

Cleary

God is sovereign and in control <><
Jesus confronts you about your sin ....
God has provided a way to him ...
if you reject that provision, then I guess you/we get what we have prayed for

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Jesus confronts you about your sin ....
God has provided a way to him ...
if you reject that provision, then I guess you/we get what we have prayed for
So you think of peaceful Hindu like Gandhi deserves an eternity of torture?

A peaceful Muslim or Jew deserves an eternity of torture?

Because they died without accepting Jesus as Lord and savior?

And how is that just?

I guess I am more merciful than God!

Cleary

the problem is that God is holy ... and you are not
even Gandhi should be able to recognize his own sinful condition
the last I checked, even muslims believe in eternal punishment
and ps .... God owes you nothing

I guess I am more merciful than God! < I'm sure sincerely not

Spiderman

Veteran Member
the problem is that God is holy ... and you are not
even Gandhi should be able to recognize his own sinful condition
the last I checked, even muslims believe in eternal punishment
and ps .... God owes you nothing

I guess I am more merciful than God! < I'm sure sincerely not
I never said God owes me anything. But Jesus said God is a loving father. don't forget the story of The prodigal son by the story of the Shepherd leaving the 99 sheep in search of the one sheep that went astray.

if God is more merciful than me, then he's not going to burn someone in hell for not believing in an unseen entity.

Cleary

give good things to his children. ... in order to become a child of God, John 1:12 you must receive his son
If you become a child of God ... it will be because God first sought and drew you to his Son ... John 6:37
ther is no salvation in any other name ... Acts 4:12
in order to 'find peace within' you must first make peace with God ... via his son

don't forget the story of The prodigal son < indeed I won't

the story of the Shepherd leaving the 99 sheep in search of the one sheep that went astray < Matthew 18:12

then he's not going to burn someone in hell for not believing in an unseen entity < tragic - no need to go there

Last edited:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
give good things to his children. ... in order to become a child of God, you must receive his son
If you become a child of God ... it will be because God first sought and drew you to his Son
ther is no salvation in any other name
in order to 'find peace within' you must first make peace with God ... via his son

I've accepted Jesus as Lord and savior and believe in the resurrection and the holy Spirit.

I just don't believe somebody who is kind and considerate of other people and follows the moral law as it is written in his/her conscience, will go to hell for dying as a humble God-fearing, God-adoring Jew

Cleary

I've accepted Jesus as Lord and savior and believe < then you better pay attention to the scripture ... the FOUNDATION of what it means to 'believe' in Jesus Christ

everlasting fire ’ Matthew18:8, 25:41
everlasting punishment ’ Matthew 25:46
everlasting chains ’ Jude 1:6
eternal damnation ’ Mark 3:29
eternal judgment ’ Hebrews 6:2
eternal fire ’ Jude 1:7
unquenchable fire ’ Matthew 3:12
the fire that never shall be quenched ’ Mark 9:43, 44, 45, 46, 48
fire unquenchable ’ Luke 3:17
mist of darkness is reserved for ever ’ 2 Peter 2:17
the blackness of darkness for ever ’ Jude 1:13

I just don't believe somebody who is kind and considerate of other people and follows the moral law as it is written in his/her conscience < there is none righteous ... no, not one

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
The sentiments you expressed were my own at one point in my younger years. But a study of the Bible, apart from church doctrine cleared up all of that. I came to realize how far from the truth those sentiments were. It wasn't that God was wrong, but that the church wasn't teaching his truth.

I don't want any hatred in my heart. However, there is something I still hate about Christianity. This idea that those who die without accepting Jesus as Lord and savior go to hell to be miserable for ever is just ridiculous, but so prevalent.

The Bible does not teach that anyone is sent to a place of conscious torment after death. In fact everyone goes to 'hell' (sheol in Hebrew), because it is merely the common grave of mankind. Even Jesus went there. People sleep peacefully in "sheol" (the grave). (Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10) If the dead are not conscious, they cannot suffer.

"Sheol's" equivalent is "hades" in Greek. Those in hades are released, not punished.

In Revelation 20:12-15 the Apostle John says....
"I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened. But another scroll was opened; it is the scroll of life. The dead were judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds. 13 And the sea gave up the dead in it, and death and hades gave up the dead in them, and they were judged individually according to their deeds. 14 And death and hades were hurled into the lake of fire. This means the second death, the lake of fire. 15 Furthermore, whoever was not found written in the book of life was hurled into the lake of fire."

The lake of fire is the "second death".....unlike the first death, it is a death from which no one returns. Everything and everyone who is cast into the lake of fire is never seen again.....like they never existed. It is not Christendom's "hell".

Those who die have paid sin's 'wages'. (Romans 6:23) Christ's sacrifice guarantees them a resurrection, not to heaven, but back to the earth to enjoy the paradise that God intended for the human family in the first place. (John 5:28-29) He wants all humans to spend eternity in peace and happiness right here with their loved ones....having been healed of all their infirmities and imperfections, even having all causes of death removed, mankind will have the wonderful, everlasting future that God planned all along. (Isaiah 55:11; Revelation 21:2-4)

Does he really love them? If he's going to send them to hell for simply not believing a doctrine about an unseen entity, how could that in any way be reconciled with love.

As a reader of hearts, God can see in us what others cannot.....not even ourselves at times, such is the nature and power of sin. It says in Hebrews 4:12....
The word of God is alive and exerts power and is sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces even to the dividing of soul and spirit, and of joints and their marrow, and is able to discern thoughts and intentions of the heart.”

Those who search for God are the ones who find him.....they know in their hearts that he exists but is sometimes difficult to find. That is because we have a common enemy who is bent on steering people away from God by slandering him. He paints God in the worst possible light so that people will be repelled by him...and even hate him. (2 Corinthians 4:3-4) All those things you hate about "Christianity" are from him, not God.

We can all find him in his word.....one of the most powerful things on earth, but too often devalued.
God has provided his word for all, and as it says in that scripture above, it has the power to divide people into those who genuinely love God, and those looking for excuses not to. Those who genuinely love God will search for him in the Bible, and they will find him, as Jesus said. (Luke 11:9-10; Acts of the Apostles 17:24-31)

He told us to love our enemies. If he doesn't follow his own advice, doesn't that make him a hypocrite? So, the hell Dogma is actually very unchristian in my opinion. To hell with it!

It is unchristian to God too! That doctrine doesn't make him a hypocrite....it means that the church is lying.
This is what God said about the ancient Jews who were sacrificing their children to the god Molech.....

"‘For the people of Judah have done what is bad in my eyes,’ declares the Lord. ‘They have set up their disgusting idols in the house that bears my name, in order to defile it. 31 They have built the high places of Toʹpheth, which is in the Valley of the Son of Hinʹnom, in order to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire, something that I had not commanded and that had never even come into my heart.’" (Jeremiah 7:30-31)

If God was appalled about the idolatry and the Israelites burning their children in the fire, then why would he do that himself?

This common belief that a person cannot be enlightened, informed, rehabilitated, and convert after death bothers me as well.

Those who perish at the final judgment will be those who have rejected God outright....but will include those who have accepted and taught disgusting, God-dishonoring doctrines that God never sanctioned.

Those who have paid sin's wages, who presently "sleep" in death, will get a chance to to be enlightened and rehabilitated after their resurrection. Many of these are ones who have never heard of God and his Christ. They will get their chance.

I can see that what you hate about Christianity isn't Christianity at all.

What do you think?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
everlasting fire ’ Matthew18:8, 25:41
the fire that never shall be quenched ’ Mark 9:43, 44, 45, 46, 48

I do not believe that any of those scriptures are about "sheol" or "hades"....."gehenna" perhaps.
Did you know that hades and sheol are not "gehenna"?....nothing to do with "gehenna" in fact.

Do you know what Jesus was talking about when he spoke of this place? Please tell me what you know...?

Cleary

I do not believe that any of those scriptures < so be it unto you
btw: JWs are not Christian ..... link - as they so claim

Last edited:

Cleary

will get a chance to to be enlightened and rehabilitated after their resurrection.
Many of these are ones who have never heard of God and his Christ. They will get their chance. < I'd like to see the verse/s on that one
Hebrews 9:27 .. and inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment

Marcion

gopa of humanity's controversial Taraka Brahma
everlasting fire ’ Matthew 18:8, Matthew 25:41
the fire that never shall be quenched ’ Mark 9:43-48
[/I]

I guess you have given a perfect answer already.
The Christians deviate too much from the teachings of Jesus.
But I don't hate them for it, I pity them.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
What do you dislike about Jesus?

I ask mods to be lenient to those who vent their grievances, for I'm trying to understand hatred for Christianity and it's founder. My goal is not to stir up insults towards a Religion, but rather my goal is to understand better why people despise the religion and it's founder, and some of that can be learned even by letting them vent their hatred. I have gone through times where I hated Christianity and hated Jesus, even hated hearing the name. I'm just trying to understand why. (It's kind of difficult to hate someone who loves his enemies and forgives those who crucified him.)

If you hate Christ or hate Christianity, please be honest and transparent, but in a way that will educate me and perhaps others who share this interest, not in a way that violated the rules.

I don't want any hatred in my heart. However, there is something I still hate about Christianity. This idea that those who die without accepting Jesus as Lord and savior go to hell to be miserable for ever is just ridiculous, but so prevalent. Does he really love them? If he's going to send them to hell for simply not believing a doctrine about an unseen entity, how could that in any way be reconciled with love. He told us to love our enemies. If he doesn't follow his own advice, doesn't that make him a hypocrite? So, the hell Dogma is actually very unchristian in my opinion. To hell with it! :p

I don't have a problem with what anyone chooses to believe. The belief itself is immaterial, but I think where I run into problems is with a certain overzealous personality type where one is absolutely certain that they are right. They don't even entertain even the slightest possibility that they might be wrong. But it's not just with religion. It's also with politics.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
The sentiments you expressed were my own at one point in my younger years. But a study of the Bible, apart from church doctrine cleared up all of that. I came to realize how far from the truth those sentiments were. It wasn't that God was wrong, but that the church wasn't teaching his truth.

The Bible does not teach that anyone is sent to a place of conscious torment after death. In fact everyone goes to 'hell' (sheol in Hebrew), because it is merely the common grave of mankind. Even Jesus went there. People sleep peacefully in "sheol" (the grave). (Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10) If the dead are not conscious, they cannot suffer.

"Sheol's" equivalent is "hades" in Greek. Those in hades are released, not punished.

In Revelation 20:12-15 the Apostle John says....
"I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened. But another scroll was opened; it is the scroll of life. The dead were judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds. 13 And the sea gave up the dead in it, and death and hades gave up the dead in them, and they were judged individually according to their deeds. 14 And death and hades were hurled into the lake of fire. This means the second death, the lake of fire. 15 Furthermore, whoever was not found written in the book of life was hurled into the lake of fire."

The lake of fire is the "second death".....unlike the first death, it is a death from which no one returns. Everything and everyone who is cast into the lake of fire is never seen again.....like they never existed. It is not Christendom's "hell".

Those who die have paid sin's 'wages'. (Romans 6:23) Christ's sacrifice guarantees them a resurrection, not to heaven, but back to the earth to enjoy the paradise that God intended for the human family in the first place. (John 5:28-29) He wants all humans to spend eternity in peace and happiness right here with their loved ones....having been healed of all their infirmities and imperfections, even having all causes of death removed, mankind will have the wonderful, everlasting future that God planned all along. (Isaiah 55:11; Revelation 21:2-4)

As a reader of hearts, God can see in us what others cannot.....not even ourselves at times, such is the nature and power of sin. It says in Hebrews 4:12....
The word of God is alive and exerts power and is sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces even to the dividing of soul and spirit, and of joints and their marrow, and is able to discern thoughts and intentions of the heart.”

Those who search for God are the ones who find him.....they know in their hearts that he exists but is sometimes difficult to find. That is because we have a common enemy who is bent on steering people away from God by slandering him. He paints God in the worst possible light so that people will be repelled by him...and even hate him. (2 Corinthians 4:3-4) All those things you hate about "Christianity" are from him, not God.

We can all find him in his word.....one of the most powerful things on earth, but too often devalued.
God has provided his word for all, and as it says in that scripture above, it has the power to divide people into those who genuinely love God, and those looking for excuses not to. Those who genuinely love God will search for him in the Bible, and they will find him, as Jesus said. (Luke 11:9-10; Acts of the Apostles 17:24-31)

It is unchristian to God too! That doctrine doesn't make him a hypocrite....it means that the church is lying.
This is what God said about the ancient Jews who were sacrificing their children to the god Molech.....

"‘For the people of Judah have done what is bad in my eyes,’ declares the Lord. ‘They have set up their disgusting idols in the house that bears my name, in order to defile it. 31 They have built the high places of Toʹpheth, which is in the Valley of the Son of Hinʹnom, in order to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire, something that I had not commanded and that had never even come into my heart.’" (Jeremiah 7:30-31)

If God was appalled about the idolatry and the Israelites burning their children in the fire, then why would he do that himself?

Those who perish at the final judgment will be those who have rejected God outright....but will include those who have accepted and taught disgusting, God-dishonoring doctrines that God never sanctioned.

Those who have paid sin's wages, who presently "sleep" in death, will get a chance to to be enlightened and rehabilitated after their resurrection. Many of these are ones who have never heard of God and his Christ. They will get their chance.

I can see that what you hate about Christianity isn't Christianity at all.

What do you think?
It could be that what I hate about Christianity is not Christianity, but is the popular most common belief in those who call themselves Christians.

The Anointed

What do I hate about so called Christianity?

Well that depends on which denominational body of Christianity that you are referring too.

Not that I hate those bodies that call themselves Christians, but I do hate some of their teachings, such as the teaching of the JW's, who will tell you that the wicked find peace and rest in death, whereas the scriptures make it quite plain that only the righteous, who have suffered the first death, which is that of the physical body in which they the invisible minds or rather spirits, had developed, will find peace and rest in death as they await the great day of Judgement, and resurrection of the righteous disembodied spirits, while there remain a state of terrible mental torment for the disembodied spirits of the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars,-as they await the great day of Judgement, when they, who believed that they (The Mind) would cease to exist with the death of the physical womb in which they were formed, and refused to believe in the resurrection of the dead, will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

Then and only then will they enter into total and eternal oblivion

Flesh and blood cannot enter the promised kingdom of the light beings that evolve from the body of mankind, "The androgynous Son of Man."

This body that you see---it isn’t really me
It’s but the womb in which I’m being formed
For I am spirit—I am mind
And it’s the only place you’ll find
WHO I AM, until the day I’m finally born.
For I will not be free, until this body that you see
Has returned to the dust from whence it came
It’s then that I’ll be born from this womb in which I’m formed
To continue on in life’s eternal game...……..The Anointed