• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Do You Feel Is Wrong with Theism?

gnostic

The Lost One
I simply would like more than scriptures, people's belief and faith, before I can take the 1st step of believing, like some real evidences, or even his manifestation - physical, spiritual or otherwise.

Quoting passages from scripture is all well and fine from literary point of view, but that's all it is. They are no good without real substances to support them.

The creation found in the Genesis is not really much better than the myths found in other civilizations and cultures, and hardly prove that God made this earth, let alone the universe. And like other myths and old religion, the Abrahamic religions have used superstitions and tried to explain something that they don't understand.

The angelic visitations or demonic possessions sound no better than today's UFO phenomena and alien abductions, all of it, without evidences to support their claims.

GadFly

I have to ask you - are you seriously asserting that you speak for God?

I'll refrain from commenting on the rest of your post (especially the part about there being "evidence for the existence of logic".

One of my favorite quotes of all time:

“Is that the way of things? God tells Brady what is good; to be against Brady is to be against God!” – Spencer Tracy, as Henry Drummond in Inherit the Wind
I do not speak for God more than any other Christian. All believers are ambassadors in Christ.
The Gadfly is here to have fun as well as to debate and defend the faith. A little laughter is good for the soul.

wednesday

Jesus
The creation found in the Genesis is not really much better than the myths found in other civilizations and cultures, and hardly prove that God made this earth, let alone the universe. And like other myths and old religion, the Abrahamic religions have used superstitions and tried to explain something that they don't understand.

They are the most widely accepted views unfortunately in some cases. It is sad that science can trace our beginnings back to a bacterial level and yet its not enough proof for some theists. What proof do they need, honestly? Is science just wrong because it disagrees with biblical scripture?

TEVEZ32

They are the most widely accepted views unfortunately in some cases. It is sad that science can trace our beginnings back to a bacterial level and yet its not enough proof for some theists. What proof do they need, honestly? Is science just wrong because it disagrees with biblical scripture?
you dont seem to understand how stubbern and closed minded these people are they will only get involved in a thread if they think they will come out on top in the discussions.As long as the religious people are here there will never be peace on earth.

wednesday

Jesus
you dont seem to understand how stubbern and closed minded these people are they will only get involved in a thread if they think they will come out on top in the discussions.As long as the religious people are here there will never be peace on earth.

They are entitled to believe what they want, as are we. Since we cannot prove either way there is and always will be debate sadly. Unforunately atheists can be and are just as stubborn. Its a fact of life that we all wish we could prove what we cant :(

Also: I've met my fair share of theists who are very close minded, i struggle to speak to them on an intellectual level, but on the same note, ive met some atheists exactly the same.