• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you feel is wrong with atheism?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Oh, jeez. :banghead3

Yeah, I guess that's about the best I could expect from you, huh? Well, I made it about as clear as I possibly could. I'm sorry you still don't get it. Let me know when you're ready for a real discussion, and we can try this again. Until then, you have succeeded in showing what's wrong with your view of atheism, and not what's wrong wih atheism.

GadFly

Heh, the guantlet is thrown... atheists are evil and good christians should disrespect them and refuse friendship.

Great life policy there. Im sure that will lead to peace and harmony. Godly moral standards this is?
You simply refuse to read correctly. That is the theological position presented in the Bible. You twist what I say in that I did not say you should disrespect anybody. You prove the point the Bible teaches. You can not afford to trust evil or believe that Satan will not take out of context what you say.It is a theological concept that some atheist are looking for the opportunity to falsely accuse believers.

This is a false charge and I consider it trolling. You throw down the gauntlet all you want but be sure you attack the theological concept and not me personally. There is nothing wrong with a policy that avoids evil intentions of others who despises you. Christians know that harmony with evil does not bring peace. If you have studied the Bible, you know this is the Bible position on evil and atheist. You don't have to agree with it but don't blame me for this position. I did not write the Bible or the thousands of other sources that cite the same position. I do consider your twisting what I said to be less than a holy act.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
You simply refuse to read correctly. That is the theological position presented in the Bible. You twist what I say in that I did not say you should disrespect anybody. You prove the point the Bible teaches. You can not afford to trust evil or believe that Satan will not take out of context what you say.It is a theological concept that some atheist are looking for the opportunity to falsely accuse believers.

This is a false charge and I consider it trolling. You throw down the gauntlet all you want but be sure you attack the theological concept and not me personally. There is nothing wrong with a policy that avoids evil intentions of others who despises you. Christians know that harmony with evil does not bring peace. If you have studied the Bible, you know this is the Bible position on evil and atheist. You don't have to agree with it but don't blame me for this position. I did not write the Bible or the thousands of other sources that cite the same position. I do consider your twisting what I said to be less than a holy act.
I find your attempt at playing the martyr rather disgusting.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation

The problem is that you all but flat out said that atheists were evil. I would consider that a personal attack against atheists, and trolling. I don't care so much, but just don't play the innocent victim here.

Rolling_Stone

I have to agree.
Perhaps you will actually answer the inquiry some day, though i have given up holding my breath on it...
How many times and in how many ways do I have to say its not about beliefs and quality of life is at stake? :sarcastic

I won't be expecting an answer. :rolleyes:

gnostic

The Lost One
Atheism is not about good or evil. They just don't believe in God.

By itself, atheism have no political agenda, because it is not about politics; it is simply the lack of belief in the existence of god. Hence, atheism doesn't equal to communism, which theists commonly used to attack atheists.

Is Christianity about democracy and freedom? No.

GadFly

Perhaps you needs read your own posts.
No, you did not flat out state it as such.
However, your constant ignoring of those who show you are wrong with the way you lump them together speaks for itself.
Really! If I were not constantly ignoring such charges that participants like you level at me, I would have difficulty sleeping. At least you admit that you were not citing the whole truth but that you did put a little assumption into your accusation. Thank you for that much. That is a good example of atheistic logic.

"Ignoring those who show you are wrong" A great thought. It does show what the problem is with you and many others here. You can not show me where I am wrong. That bugs a lot of people. The reason that you are having little success at that is that there is a God and he is on my side. You are not fighting me; you are fighting God.

I don't know where you and others get the idea that the GadFly has lumped all atheist together. That accusation, I think, is a good example of atheistic logic. Now you all might be lumped together but I had nothing to do with it. You don't expect for Christians to talk to each atheist separately do you? What are you talking about with this complaint?

GadFly

How did Jesus teach this?
By going out of his way to be with the sinners?
Jesus didn't run around spitting the same vile poison that you have been spewing.
jesus went out of his way to mingle in amongst the sinners.

How is it that you are here claiming that jesus taught the opposite of his very actions?
Open your mind up to the truth. There were plenty of sinners who were not atheist but atheist were in a special category in Christ's time. The Bible refers to atheist as fools. Christ died for the sinners who are saved by believing on Him; but atheist who do not believe in God, according to the Bible, can not be saved.No, Christ did not waste his time on those who could not be saved. Shocking is it not to know you can not be saved unless of course you change your mind and believe. But, that does not often happen with atheist.

Where is this vile poison stuff come from? Is that more atheistic logic? If telling you how to be saved is vile poisoning, I am guilty. And what do you care? you are not going to listen to me.

GadFly

It's a simple question Gadfly. Are you saying that all atheists are evil -- or not saying it?
Read your Bible Sunstone. Don't worry about what I think. I will go along with whatever the Bibles says on this subject. Are you seeking truth or trying to harass me or set a trap for me? Do you have something you want to discuss?

GadFly

I suspect, rather, that what they object to is that "Gadfly speaks truth." That's a different thing, though. It's not "truth" by which you establish understanding, but your version of it (as do I).
If I were not to present my version of the truth, whose version would I present? If one disagrees with my truth, let them say the truth.

Rolling_Stone

My dear Gadfly, it is quite apparent that even after being told the difference between "fact" and "truth," atheists have not reached that stage of life where they want to know truth.

Maybe after making fools out of themselves often enough, there's more to the forest than just trees. Maybe.

Rolling_Stone

Atheism is not about good or evil. They just don't believe in God.

By itself, atheism have no political agenda, because it is not about politics; it is simply the lack of belief in the existence of god. Hence, atheism doesn't equal to communism, which theists commonly used to attack atheists.

Is Christianity about democracy and freedom? No.
Hmmm. I wonder what planet this guy lives on. :shrug:

gnostic

The Lost One
rolling stone said:
Hmmm. I wonder what planet this guy lives on.
Are all atheists "communists", rolling_stone?

Do you know anyone here, at RF, who is both atheist and communist?

gnostic

The Lost One
If Jesus was alive today, or in the days of the Cold Wars, I would think that Jesus be more politically incline (but leaving out religions for a moment) with communism than with capitalism or with democracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.