• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do we do about Iran?

What do we do?

• Total voters

JRMcC

Share your thoughts or make your case. This Netanyahu speech is getting people talking about this lately.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
This Netanyahu speech is getting people talking about this lately.

1. Any deal that enables a nuclear Iran is an existential threat to Israel and criminally irresponsible.
  2. The repercussions of a military attack on Iran would likely dwarf the current problem with Daesh.
  3. The Netanyahu speech is not about countering the existential threat of a nuclear Iran. It's about Netanyahu and the Republicans irresponsibly pursuing partisan political gains.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Iran is a sovereign country which has greatly suffered from our coup & attack (by our proxy, Iraq). We owe it to them to negotiate whatever we can achieve for mutual benefit. Israel will complain bitterly....well, tough titties for them.

gsa

If we can strike a deal with Iran, a deal that ends the standoff over the nuclear program, we should do it.

I will say that while I am sympathetic with Israel’s concerns about an Iranian government armed with nuclear weapons, this is the kind of "existential threat" that the United States has lived with for half a century, with Russia. The United States has no interest in seeing any country obtain nuclear weapons, certainly not a longtime foe like the Iranian theocracy, and we are not handmaidens of Israel. We have our own interests that we should pursue regardless of Israel’s objections.

As for Netanyahu, I hope that the Israeli electorate will do the right thing and oust him. As Meir Dagan, who was director of the Mossad from 2002-2010 said just recently, Netanyahu himself has been the biggest problem with the US/Israel partnership on the question of Iran. And Americans should be upset by the way he pisses on us and interferes in our domestic politics for his own benefit so flagrantly. Netanyahu’s government has no respect for the United States or the American people. Maybe we should begin giving him the same treatment at the United Nations Security Council.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Share your thoughts or make your case. This Netanyahu speech is getting people talking about this lately.

Assuming you are speaking to a USonian audience the obvious answer is to stop importing fossil fuels. Without petrodollars Iran would cease to be newsworthy.

Tom

Astrologer

Iran hasn't interfered with my ability to enjoy life. Zionists have been disturbing my sensibilities for a long time, now.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And to hell with everybody else. Despicable ...
Are you describing Israel's attitude?
I'd agree with that.
Their desire to bring us to war with Iran is unconscionable & inhuman.
I'd call it "barbaric", but that would be insulting to barbarians.

Last edited:

CMike

Iran has been the center of evil.

They have supported Al Qadia, Hezbollah, and Hamas.

Iran has consistently threatened to attack the US, and to annihiliate Israel.

Iranian Cleric Threatens US, Israel With 'Missile Attack'

Iran threatens US Navy with ‘suicide missions’ | Fox News

Iranian Revolutionary Guards threaten US after Kerry says military option is ‘ready’ - International - Jerusalem Post

Iran Threatens to Annihilate Israel - Middle East - News - Arutz Sheva

Iran President Ahmedinejad Threatens U.S. War Without Boundaries If Nuclear Faclities Attacked - ABC News

Their leadership claims they are not afraid of death.

Therefore, WHEN they get nukes they will not be afraid to use it. They will most likely give it to some of their many proxies.

Chamberlain, err Obama should realize this.

Iran constantly threatens Israel with annihiliation. Iran is not a threat to Israel but to the whole world. They are working on ICBMs which they don't need to nuke to Israel. They are for long range targets such as to reach the US.

Netanyahu is spot on. He is indeed a patriot. He is doing what he needs to do in order to protect his country from death. To bad Obumbler isn't doing the same.

Obama is just a spoiled weak little brat to every country but Israel. He needs to go home and let adults deal with world politics.

Obama has helped create perhaps the most dangerous world we ever had.

Israel took out the Iraqi nuclear reactor in 1981. The US condemned it. However, imagine invading Iraq, with Iraq having nukes.

Israel took out the Syrian nuclear reactor in 2007.

Since we have a baby in the White House, Israel needs to take out the Iranian nuclear reactor.

Obviously Obama doesn't have balls to do what needs to be done. Israel should do so before they complete their ridiculous agreement which will legitimize Iran's race to get nukes.

CMike

Why would we attack Iran right now, of all times? They're opponents of the Islamic State, and you know what they say about the enemy of my enemy...
Because they support Al Qaida, Hezbollah, Hamas, and are the center of almost all arab terrorist organizations.

They also have constantly threatened to attack the US and Israel.

That's why.

CMike

Are you describing Israel's attitude?
I'd agree with that.
Their desire to bring us to war with Iran is unconscionable & inhuman.
I'd call it "barbaric", but that would be insulting to barbarians.
Imagine the war WHEN Iran gets nukes and gives some to Al Qaida to bomb New York and Washington DC.

And knowing that the US could have stopped this from happening and didn't. Instead they were playing games.

Last edited:

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Assuming you are speaking to a USonian audience the obvious answer is to stop importing fossil fuels. Without petrodollars Iran would cease to be newsworthy.

Tom

I don't believe with get any oil from Iran.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Imagine the war WHEN Israel gets nukes and gives some to Al Qaida to bomb New York and Washington DC.
And knowing that the US could have stopped this from happening and didn't. Instead they were playing games.
This seems a very unlikely scenario.

Awoon

Let Iran do what it wants. If Net doesn't like it he should go talk to Iran. Time for America to laugh at the Near and Middle eastern babies.

Awoon

Imagine the war WHEN Israel gets nukes and gives some to Al Qaida to bomb New York and Washington DC.

The Jews will just be killing their families in NYC.